• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[pokefirered] Problem with ability popups

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    1712501454631.png1712501472452.png
    So I added the ability popup feature in my fire red decomp. It works, the ability effect also procs. The problem is that it ALWAYS shows on player's side with their pokémon's name on it. I'm guessing it's some sort of problem with how the battler id is passed to the function, but I can't figure out how to solve it. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've also tested with self-buffing abilities like speed boost and it's the same.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • View attachment 157602View attachment 157603
    So I added the ability popup feature in my fire red decomp. It works, the ability effect also procs. The problem is that it ALWAYS shows on player's side with their pokémon's name on it. I'm guessing it's some sort of problem with how the battler id is passed to the function, but I can't figure out how to solve it. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've also tested with self-buffing abilities like speed boost and it's the same.
    Check Intimidate's text string in src/battle_message.c and fill whatever buffer it uses appropriately.

Keep in mind it's gonna be hard for anyone to give you more specific or precise instructions without being able to look at the code of this ability popup of yours.

Back