• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.
Days
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Well, the setting is turned off. So unless it just pushes the chances to near impossible, I'm not sure how that happened. Haha!
    I changed a lot of the sprites, so perhaps it's just the normal colouring?
    It was shiny douno at first which I do believe was regular palette, but when it evolved it got doduo and dodrio's shiny palette.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502_074013_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
      Screenshot_20240502_074013_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
      132.4 KB · Views: 3
    Days
    • Seen today
    It was shiny douno at first which I do believe was regular palette, but when it evolved it got doduo and dodrio's shiny palette.
    That's crazy. Shiny is turned off, so I have no idea how you got it haha!
    Regardless, enjoy your shiny Dodrio.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, so, I came across another few things.

1) There are two iron tail TMs. I do not remember were I picked them up (I believe one was route 3; no idea for the other).
    2) I could not find the PC in the campion's guild.
    3) I could not find the Waterfall HM.
    4) I could not find the move deleter (my blastoise may or may not have the busted move rock smash still...)

Other than that, great game. I have completed the main game (excluding the post-champion fight).

Days
    • Seen today
    Okay, so, I came across another few things.

1) There are two iron tail TMs. I do not remember were I picked them up (I believe one was route 3; no idea for the other).
    2) I could not find the PC in the campion's guild.
    3) I could not find the Waterfall HM.
    4) I could not find the move deleter (my blastoise may or may not have the busted move rock smash still...)

Other than that, great game. I have completed the main game (excluding the post-champion fight).
    Thanks for the pick ups! I'll change what needs to be changed and upload the latest version soon.

3) Waterfall is given to you by the researcher in Selore Town Research Facility after you return to him after defeating the 'beast'.
    4) Move deleters were added in a recent update.

After the champions, the main story continues until it states that it is the end of storyline.

Thanks for playing.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, I found another thing. So, I am working on completing the pokedex. I found that Sandterra is huge both in the box and in the party.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    In Eladi Cavern B2 (I think it was), you can obtain an Escape Rope from the item ball beyond the Rock Smash rock. (It's a Key Item version, for reader context.)

However, by that point, you can just purchase the Escape Rope from the Poke Mart, as it becomes available to do so upon obtaining the Fist Badge. This makes the Escape Rope behind the Rock Smash rock in Eladi Cavern a wasted item; it's particularly so because you only need 1 (and can only have 1), as well as due to needing to backtrack/go out of the way to obtain it.

EDIT: Another bug/oversight, this one more pressing. At the Route 2 entrance to Eladi Cavern, it's possible to jump southward down the ledge and be trapped between the mountain to the left, the tree to the south, and the Eladi Cavern sign to the right.

Spoiler: Screenshot

I saved beforehand before jumping to take the screenshot to show exactly where it is a player can get stuck. But if a player were to save their game after jumping down, they wouldn't be able to leave under normal means, so I think it'd be a good idea to swap the side of the ledge where the sign is.

EDIT 2: The passenger ship to ferries between Magnia City and Tartha Island cost 25 Pokedollars. Just out of curiosity, are there any failsafes in place in case of a soft lock if the player runs out of money, partcularly while on Tartha Island?

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    In Eladi Cavern B2 (I think it was), you can obtain an Escape Rope from the item ball beyond the Rock Smash rock. (It's a Key Item version, for reader context.)

However, by that point, you can just purchase the Escape Rope from the Poke Mart, as it becomes available to do so upon obtaining the Fist Badge. This makes the Escape Rope behind the Rock Smash rock in Eladi Cavern a wasted item; it's particularly so because you only need 1 (and can only have 1), as well as due to needing to backtrack/go out of the way to obtain it.

EDIT: Another bug/oversight, this one more pressing. At the Route 2 entrance to Eladi Cavern, it's possible to jump southward down the ledge and be trapped between the mountain to the left, the tree to the south, and the Eladi Cavern sign to the right.

I saved beforehand before jumping to take the screenshot to show exactly where it is a player can get stuck. But if a player were to save their game after jumping down, they wouldn't be able to leave under normal means, so I think it'd be a good idea to swap the side of the ledge where the sign is.

EDIT 2: The passenger ship to ferries between Magnia City and Tartha Island cost 25 Pokedollars. Just out of curiosity, are there any failsafes in place in case of a soft lock if the player runs out of money, partcularly while on Tartha Island?

Thanks. I'll reupload a fixed version.

In Tartha Island you can battle wild Pokemon to gain money or even sell items at the stores. So, no, you cannot get stuck there. But, good concern.

Days
    • Seen today
    I'm unable to open the game at all, is there any way I can rectify it? (Showing issue in AnimatedBitmap, line 14)
    Hey, I've not had anyone with this error so far.

It sounds like a graphic isn't found or not working.

Try either reinstalling or redownloading. Potentially even create a different pathway/folder to put it in.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    In Tartha Island you can battle wild Pokemon to gain money
    Wait, how does this work?

Does it only apply if the player's money is that low? 'Cause battling the wild Pokemon in, say, Tartha Fields doesn't earn anything sans Exp., not even when wild Meowth use Pay Day during a battle.

EDIT: Using Teleport attempts to warp the player back to the starting home in Rivel East, rather than the most recently used Pokémon Center. Is this a bug or is it intentional?

Last edited:

croksten.stein

Mindless Gamer (and not a good one at that)
    Days
    • he/him, it/its
    • Seen today
    I just started playing today and I must say Im absolutely hooked ! The game looks fairly simple but sometimes simplicity goes a long way !! I love rediscovering the first gens with different types and color scheme, and the soundtrack is amazing. Did you post it anywhere ? Like on youtube, soundcloud, or any other music platform ??

Also, you said on earlier posts that there weren't any shinies but i got a shiny caterpie ? Did I just get extra EXTRA lucky ??

Days
    • Seen today
    Wait, how does this work?

Does it only apply if the player's money is that low? 'Cause battling the wild Pokemon in, say, Tartha Fields doesn't earn anything sans Exp., not even when wild Meowth use Pay Day during a battle.

EDIT: Using Teleport attempts to warp the player back to the starting home in Rivel East, rather than the most recently used Pokémon Center. Is this a bug or is it intentional?

Oh, that's a good catch. I've applied some code to now provide money for any wild battle won.

No, teleport should go to the nearest heal point. I'll fix this issue too.

Much appreciated!

Days
    • Seen today
    I just started playing today and I must say Im absolutely hooked ! The game looks fairly simple but sometimes simplicity goes a long way !! I love rediscovering the first gens with different types and color scheme, and the soundtrack is amazing. Did you post it anywhere ? Like on youtube, soundcloud, or any other music platform ??

Also, you said on earlier posts that there weren't any shinies but i got a shiny caterpie ? Did I just get extra EXTRA lucky ??
    Hey, thanks for playing and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I'll make a stand alone soundtrack and upload it to YouTube and Bandcamp in the coming weeks.
    These things take time, but I'll try get it done hastly.

As for the shinies. You're lucky. I'm not sure how it occurs, but it seems it does ;)

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    A couple of things I've noticed. The first is minor, the second mostly minor but also just inconvenient.

The first is that since the recent update, I think the Pokémon Center maps have been made flush to the "left wall" boundary. That is, they don't pan to left as if they were in the center of a bigger map. It doesn't seem to cause any problems from what I've noticed in the Magnia and Tartha Pokemon Centers, but it's just visually different than what they had been prior to the update.

The second is that even though the Nidoran Male line can learn Bulldoze via Level-up, they can't learn it via TM. Which is odd, since if a move that has a TM/HM or Tutor is in a Pokemon's Level-up pool, then they can always also learn that move from said TM/HM or Tutor.

EDIT: Just a question on something I noticed: is Porygon-Z meant to just be Normal, rather than Aether/Normal like the previous Pokémon in its evolutionary line?

Last edited:
    Back