• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon emerald battle tower help

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
  • I need some help on the pokemon emerald battle tower. No matter what I try I can't make it to 35 matches although I did make it to the 35th match once but ended up getting kicked out thanks to the saloon madden's Snorolax(Probably should've let articuno be the star for that one thanks to its mind reader/sheer cold combo) I will post my team with their moves and stats below so you can see what i've been using.

Dragonite(Scope lens is his hold item)

Level 100

Hyper Beam
    Aerial Ace
    Fire Blast
    Surf

HP: 346
    Attack: 327
    Defense: 204
    SP. ATK: 254
    SP. DEF: 249
    Speed: 203

Articuno(Focus band is his hold item)

Level 100

Mind Reader
    Steel Wing
    Double Team
    Sheer Cold

HP: 316
    Attack: 222
    Defense: 209
    SP. ATK: 237
    SP. DEF 311
    Speed: 207

Zapdos(Quick Claw is his item)

Level 100

Thunder
    Toxic
    Facade
    Drill Peck

HP: 322
    Attack: 235
    Defense: 193
    SP. ATK: 315
    SP. DEF: 214
    Speed: 238

Here are their moves stats and their items that they have. I am open to training all new guys if needbe but I just need a solution that can get me through 35 matches so I can get silver.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I'm planning on doing an assault on the Battle Tower myself in the coming days. The team I'm working on is as follows:

Swampert w/Shell Bell
    -Earthquake
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Counter

Latias w/Leftovers
    -Psychic
    -Dragon Claw
    -Calm Mind
    -Attract

Metagross w/Choice Band
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Aerial Ace

I think an area that your team is lacking is defensive synergy. You have all 3 types weak to Rock which will really hurt if you run into a Tyranitar, and you also have a pretty bad Ice weakness. That's not to say my team is perfect, but there is no one move or one pokemon that will take out my whole team.

If you want to go easy mode, then Banded Hyper Beam Slaking is pretty broken in the gen 3 as you don't have to recharge after the Truant, so you can effectively Hyper Beam away like any other pokemon but with the benefit of Slaking's giant stats.

I just came up with a decent team off the top of my head that has no shared weakness and every weakness of one pokemon is resisted by another, and that is Metagross, Salamence and Slaking. Plus they're all available on Emerald. Here's an idea, open with Metagross, set up dual screens, then explode and go into Hyper Beam Slaking, and if you catch an unlucky crit or something, then Mixed Salamence can be the clean-up.

EDIT - I also wanted to mention that I'm not too sure about your items. Every one of the items you have do nothing unless you get a lucky RNG roll. When it comes to the Battle Frontier I feel like consistency is the key and that means having items you can rely upon to give you an edge. Gen 3 has a bit of a sparsity issue when it comes to good items and in my mind there are only 5 or 6 really worth a damn and they are Choice Band, Leftovers (the two clear best), Shell Bell, Lum Berry, Salac Berry (for Reversal/Flail) and Chesto Berry (for set-up into Rest). Oh and White Herb for Overheat users.

Last edited:

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
  • You can close this thread now. I'm pretty sure I've found a strategy that seems to be working. If your wondering what it is i'll put the info below.

Dragonite level 100 Hyper Beam Thunder Fire Bast Surf(replaced Aerial Ace with thunder if you read the above)

Articuno level 100 Mind reader Steel wing Double team Sheer cold(Nothing different with him)

Salamance level 100 Dragonbreath Rock tomb Aerial ace Double edge(He replaced zapdos)

I don't think I will be needing this but if I do I will notify one of the mods.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
  • Sorry for double post but am letting you all know that I finally beat the Battle Tower in 2016 using the following team

Dragonite Level 100: Hyper beam, Fire blast, Thunder punch and Surf (Thunder was replaced)

Articuno Level 100: Mind reader, Sheer cold, Ice beam and Surf (Don't ask)

Zapdos Level 100: Thunder, Shock wave (Replaced Aerial ace), Toxic and Drill peck.

This team beat up the Battle tower before succumbing at 112 wins. It did also get gold at the Battle dome as well along with the Battle Pyramid.

Days
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Sorry for double post but am letting you all know that I finally beat the Battle Tower in 2016 using the following team

Dragonite Level 100: Hyper beam, Fire blast, Thunder punch and Surf (Thunder was replaced)

Articuno Level 100: Mind reader, Sheer cold, Ice beam and Surf (Don't ask)

Zapdos Level 100: Thunder, Shock wave (Replaced Aerial ace), Toxic and Drill peck.

This team beat up the Battle tower before succumbing at 112 wins. It did also get gold at the Battle dome as well along with the Battle Pyramid.

could i please get the ev's you used

Back