• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Gold X

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    You say it's not supposed to be an amazing new hack, but...
    This has been done, several times. Mostly by Miksy, but nevertheless.
    Please, though, I don't mean this in a "you're not welcome to hacking" way, but there's no need to post average edits while you're learning. Just get on with it and keep trying to learn until you get the skill. You're not "stuck" anywhere.

I'd rather play this than another generic, "oh, hey, I'm gonna remake Gold, Silver, or Crystal, BUT FOR GBA. No changes whatsoever, it's just gonna have COOL GRAPHICS. I'm so rad dude lesss dooo dissss"

Keep going with this, lazinicki.

lbirrueta

HAXXING'
    Years
    this is a great game even if it ain't got much of a difference... maybe change the maps around and fix a couple of the text(like when cyndaquil's name shows up when theres a picture of hondour.) if i were you i would start out slowly and make sure everything is right and balanced.

lazinicki

Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    this is a great game even if it ain't got much of a difference... maybe change the maps around and fix a couple of the text(like when cyndaquil's name shows up when theres a picture of hondour.) if i were you i would start out slowly and make sure everything is right and balanced.

thanxs. i do plan on contuing this project. its just been slow lately. Im glad there are some people who dont think this is stupid.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
    It looks good and don't listen to what people say, it is your work. I really liked the 2nd gen and would like to see it finished so don't stop!

pikapip26

PikaXPip
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    if u can u should start scripting to make it a hack. not just an edit

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    im terrbile at scrpting i dont understand it.
    Have you tried to learn ?
    It actually isn't even hard compared to what others have done to make it simplier.
    Read tutorials and get pointer calculator, hex editor (+goldmap) somewhere and try it.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    I literally learned in 5 minutes...

0x12957B

6A - FacePlayer
    47 - LoadFont
    31 - BitTable1 check 0x1F00
    09 - If_B_True? 0x8955
    4C - Display text 0xF057
    53 - Close text box code
    49 - Load moving sprites
    90 - end

0x129589
    4C - Display text 0x1A58
    53 - Close text box code
    49 - Load moving sprites
    90 - end

BAM That's a script right there. (I think I just "De-complied" a Gold script. Can't remember.)

[Bit no. (2byte)] 0xA905
    [Trainer group] 0x16
    [Trainer] 0x01
    [2byte pointer to Text when seen] 0xF055
    [2byte pointer to text when trainer beaten] 0x4956
    [2byte pointer to script when lost (0000=Blackout)] 0x0000
    [2byte pointer to script if won/talked to again] 0xD154

BAM the script for that trainer Joey.

https://skeetendo.110mb.com/scriptingcodes_eng.htm

Look there.
    Stop saying it's hard and actually try to learn...

Back