• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Decomps] Pokemon Mega Z - A X/Y Demake on GBA: Recruitment

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Hello! I am Phlayne, and I am creating a ROM Hack project. As I said in the title, it is a hack that reproduces the story and mechanics of Pokemon X/Y. I am using the pokeemerald decomp project. What are my goals:
    - Enhance the general difficulty of the game.
    - Add more elements to the scenario.
    - Add post-game related content.
    - Add new places to the game.
    - Add new mega-evolutions, new moves, and new abilities.
    I already have a synopsis planned, but for the moment I want to keep it secret :p. Most of it will follow the storyline of pokemon X/Y.

Of course, I've been working on the project for a while, so I have already things done.
    What is already done :
    - Minor modifications: running inside, gen >3 mechanics, reusable TMS, sideways stairs...
    - Pokemon and Item expansion, up to gen 7 (meaning that every item and pokemon that are in gen 7 are integrated into the game).
    - Kalos world map.
    - Maps, from Vaniville town until route 5.
    - Mega evolutions are part of the game. I already added one of my own, with its item, and it is working in the game.
    - Some new abilities have also been coded. They'll be used for mega evolutions, as I did not plan to change pokemon's abilities.
    - The intro scripts, reproducing the intro of pokemon X/Y.

Screenshots :
    Spoiler:

Now that I presented my project, I can explain why I need YOU. This project is a big one, and making it alone would take ages. I need a few people to help me, whatever is your level:

- I need a person to help me with the sprites/artworks. We have still about 50 mega evolutions to design. Thanks to LucarioNN, Trainer Matz, and j7663701, we have some designs, but I struggle for their back sprite. If you're a creative person and you like to draw or create sprites, you are welcome on the project. Of course, since we're in an early stage of development, please note that all designs are not final.

- I need a person to help me to create maps. That is not a very hard job, since the maps are GBA versions on the maps of Pokemon X/Y. However, your work could really save us some time. Moreover, don't forget we will change/adapt some maps and create new ones, so it won't be always copying maps from the original games. If you're interested in reproducing, adapting, or creating new maps, don't hesitate to join the project too :)

- I need a person to create tilesets. For the moments, except for Lumiose city, we're using the vanilla Pokemon Emerald tilesets. I'd like the game to look more unique, with some custom tiles, inspired by Pokemon X/Y. If you are interested and able to do this, you're welcome on the project too!

- I need one or more people to help me write scripts. This is the most time-consuming task, and we need to reproduce a big majority of the scripts of pokemon X/Y. We will also need to create new ones. If you want to help the project by scripting, I'm waiting for you too!

Of course, if several people are interested in the same task(s), that wouldn't be a problem! Don't forget that working on this project is complete volunteering, meaning that I don't expect you to work daily or even weekly on the project. In fact, any help given helps the project grow.
    If you read this until here and you are interested, here is a discord link to join the project: https://discord.gg/qYVbww5z4G. Just post a message in #recruit-me and I will read you with great interest.

Thanks for reading, and have a good day :)

Pokemon Mega Z - A X/Y Demake on GBA: Recruitment

Back