• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Text Editor

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Introduction:
    This tool is used to edit text (both english and japanese) in e_text.str and j_text.str files found in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/ Darkness/ Sky.

How does this tool work?
    I have included the exact steps for this tool in this tutorial :- https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194236

What all do I need?
    You need the files mentioned above (i.e., either e_text.str or j_text.str) load them in the tool I have provided.

History of the tool:
    This tool was first used to pratially translate PMD Eo Sky to english.

Ahem,
    Now that the boring part is over,

Features!:
    1. Text fully editable in english and japanese. (UTF- 8)
    2. Supports loading of two text files for comparison.
    3. Has a search and replace function.
    4. Something you might figure out youreself!!

Limitations:
    1. Dialouges can't be edited as they are contained in other files, not in e_text.str

Credits:
    The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Text Editor is the sole property of grovyle91, I do not claim this tool to be mine. Posted with appropriate permissions.
    All i've done is posting this tool. Also, banner made by Aiinz.

Anyone who wants to post comments, welcome. And don't ask for the source code. Why? I dont have it!!
    Also if you have any problem, don't keep it to youreself. Ask it!!

Download:
    https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1050143/PMD2textEDIT.exe

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Text Editor
    (Banner by Aiinz)
    "This is the dawn of PMD hacking"
    Have fun!

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Have there been any downloads?
    i dont know! but it seems there have been no downloads. but when more tools come out for PMD (certainly not by me), this tool can be used in combination with them. and i dont see them coming any soon.......:'(

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I think before starting with PMD 2 , you should hack PMD 1. It is more 'hackable'.
    i didnt make this tool. and if u think hacking "PMD 1" is more "hackable", why is it so that theres just 1 tool for PMD 1? that too for changing starter pokemon?

Back