• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon TCG Generations 1.4 (New Update!)

Years
    • Seen today
    Pokemon TCG Generations
    Generations.png

A Pokemon TCG Rom Hack
    Overview
    Pokemon TCG Generations is a Romhack that completely changes the Cards of the Game by Adding Pokemon from almost all Generations, Changing Attacks, Attributes, Resistances, Weaknesses and Even Some Effects.

This is my first Romhack, so I hope you enjoy it =D

Features
    • All Cards have been replaced by Pokemon from other Generations, with Some Exceptions (Eevee, Ditto, Horsea, Seadra to name a few, this is due to effects of the Cards or are related to Pokemon introduced after those.)
    • All the Pokemon Sprites were Replaced with Sprites made by me, Obviously Following the "Style" of the game.
    • All Attacks have been changed in some way, either in name or by Effect. Cards in general are not intended to resemble their real-life counterparts, but rather attempt to be their own thing. (Also, what you can do with Attacks is quite limiting sometimes).
    • Absolutely all the Cards in the Game can be obtained through the 4 booster packs and there is even a clear way to know which Booster each card is in.
    poketcgs15.png

Screenshots
    poketcgs.png
    poketcgs1.png
    poketcgs10.png
    poketcgs11.png
    poketcgs12.png
    poketcgs13.png
    poketcgs14.png
    poketcgs2.png
    poketcgs3.png
    poketcgs4.png
    poketcgs5.png
    poketcgs6.png
    poketcgs7.png
    poketcgs8.png
    poketcgs9.png

If you want to see all the new sprites, you can see them here.

Known Bugs/ Glitches
    Spoiler:

Download
    Current Version: 1.4
    You will need the "USA" version of the Rom.
    The "Normal" Version
    Lc Version (Only Commons in Packs)

Version History
    Spoiler:

Credits and Special Thanks
    • All the People Who Worked/Contributed to the PokeTCG Disassembly Project
    Otato for creating the "Ducklett.Patch" that allowed me to add even more Cards to the Game
    DeltaSeeker literally if it wasn't for your Video I wouldn't have done this nor would I have been interested in making Sprites/Pixel Art as much as I do today
    Cataclyptic for Being a Great Example Not Only to Make a Hack, but also to Make Pixel Art
    Guzeinbuick for Motivating me to Do this hack, I wouldn't have decided to do this without him Presenting the Idea to me xd
    Oats for helping me implement several interesting effects for Attacks/Pokepower.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So excited to see that you finally published your hack! (I've been waiting for it =))
    Playing it tonight. I'll give you my feedback after first E4 challenge =)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Me too! Keep 'em coming man! These things are my jam since my broke ass can't afford to buy cards IRL not that I want to or anything.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • YES! Now I gotta play this too. Cant wait to give this a try. These games feed my crippling card game addiction and it is working overtime right now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I love it so far, but I've found some bugs:

Duskull's "Dark Revival" attack put energy cards from my discard pile onto my bench when it was used against me.

Litleo's "Roar" doesn't switch the opponent with one of their benched Pokémon on a head-flip, but instead does 10 more damage plus randomly attaching an energy card from my deck to one of my benched Pokémon.

Centiskorch's "Wildfire" doesn't have the option of not discarding an Energy Card, even though the description reads "you may".

Minor nitpick, but some of the Pokémon aren't listed by evolutionary line even though they're the same type.

I will report anything I come across while playing. Great work!

bleedpark

Years
  • Update: Currently farming packs and trying out different deck ideas. Great stuff. Will more than likely do a series for this game on my channel too. Can't remember what I was going against, but I was trying out Kingdra and when I used Hydro Pump, it still only did 40 Damage despite having 3 Water and 1 Fire attached. Only off thing i have noticed. Not sure if is like that for all cards with Hydro Pump. Haven't tried it with Greninja yet. Very happy with the balance so far.

bleedpark

Years
  • Centiskorch's "Wildfire" doesn't have the option of not discarding an Energy Card, even though the description reads "you may".

Going based off this note, I'm going to assume Hydro Pump is not going to work as intended on Greninja like with Kingdra as Wildfire on Turtonator acts the same as Centiskorch

Years
    • Seen today
    I love it so far, but I've found some bugs:

Duskull's "Dark Revival" attack put energy cards from my discard pile onto my bench when it was used against me.

Litleo's "Roar" doesn't switch the opponent with one of their benched Pokémon on a head-flip, but instead does 10 more damage plus randomly attaching an energy card from my deck to one of my benched Pokémon.

Centiskorch's "Wildfire" doesn't have the option of not discarding an Energy Card, even though the description reads "you may".

Minor nitpick, but some of the Pokémon aren't listed by evolutionary line even though they're the same type.

I will report anything I come across while playing. Great work!

Thank you very much for reporting these errors.

- I didn't know that Duskull "Dark Revival" could do that, but I guess it's because the AI ​​is not prepared to use it correctly, so I guess he chose an Energy because it was the only thing there was or it was the first thing he found.

- I would swear that Roar worked fine, but I've tried it and nothing has happened (In fact Shinx was going to have that attack but the effect didn't work, so I'll assume it's an effect that is Hardcoded in the game)

- The "You may" thing was in the Original Moltres Card, but the Effect is Mandatory so I will have to Change the Description for the Next Update.

- I don't know what exactly you're referring to at this, but some cards do not follow the Listing Order because the PokePowers are HardCoded in the Game in such a way that I cannot "Move" the Data of the cards that have one or else the game becomes quite confuse, so there are some cards that appear in the middle of Evolutionary Lines and so on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Update: Currently farming packs and trying out different deck ideas. Great stuff. Will more than likely do a series for this game on my channel too. Can't remember what I was going against, but I was trying out Kingdra and when I used Hydro Pump, it still only did 40 Damage despite having 3 Water and 1 Fire attached. Only off thing i have noticed. Not sure if is like that for all cards with Hydro Pump. Haven't tried it with Greninja yet. Very happy with the balance so far.

I completely forgot about this, my bad.

Basically, Attacks like Hydro Pump in the Game Code have specified how much Water Energy there must be to be able to Apply the Effect.
    Since the original Attack was 3 Water Energy, the Game waits for it to find that amount of energy to apply the effect.

So basically I will have to modify that Game Code or Modify the Description to take this into account

Edit: I literally just woke up so sorry for any errors I have when writing xd
    Come to think of it, I can simply use an Attack that explicitly uses 2 Water Energy for Hydro Pump and Modify the Damage to make it work correctly. I'll see if it works well

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yeahhhh boy. Currently playing the ever-loving crap out of this. Maining a Water deck right now but I plan on beating the game several times over with different strategies. So glad I could see the best Pokemon TCG sprite artist on the net bring his work to life!! 😁

bleedpark

Years
  • Been playing on all of my breaks today. Got a good number of decks to showcase whenever I get the time. Work is about to hit me super hard so it might be a while. Some fun things I have been testing include Houndoom/Kingdra, Meganium/Toxitricity, Umbreon/Espeon, Greninja Turbo, Emboar/Entie, and Bewear/Hitmonlee. Already have ideas for Trevanant, Hydreigon and maybe something involving a Flygon deck. I also can see potential in a Duskull line deck. So many options.

Years
    • Seen today
    Congratz on the release 💪 I was wondering as a person who never got any interaction with TCG other than adoring artworks, can I understand and progress through the game as I go along or is there any resource I can examine before diving in?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Congratz on the release 💪 I was wondering as a person who never got any interaction with TCG other than adoring artworks, can I understand and progress through the game as I go along or is there any resource I can examine before diving in?

Technically there would be no Problem, Most of the Tutorials in the Game are Intact and You Learn Mainly by Playing. Even so, I would recommend trying a little bit of the Original Game, trying 1 or 2 Gyms (If you haven't played it) and then playing this, Since there are quite a few changes in comparison to the original (speaking exclusively about the combat and therefore the meta)

Years
    • Seen today
    Been playing on all of my breaks today. Got a good number of decks to showcase whenever I get the time. Work is about to hit me super hard so it might be a while. Some fun things I have been testing include Houndoom/Kingdra, Meganium/Toxitricity, Umbreon/Espeon, Greninja Turbo, Emboar/Entie, and Bewear/Hitmonlee. Already have ideas for Trevanant, Hydreigon and maybe something involving a Flygon deck. I also can see potential in a Duskull line deck. So many options.

I'm glad you're so interested in making and testing various decks. If I had to "recommend" a deck it would be Seismitoad + Basculin. It's the Deck that I used to test most of the battles and ironically it made me appreciate Seismitoad more xd

bleedpark

Years
  • I'm glad you're so interested in making and testing various decks. If I had to "recommend" a deck it would be Seismitoad + Basculin. It's the Deck that I used to test most of the battles and ironically it made me appreciate Seismitoad more xd

Noted. Will do

Years
    • Seen today
    Mini-Update: Basically I have already Fixed all the Errors that I was told Today, If you want to see what Exactly the Changes are I will go more in depth in the "Version History" Section. Have a nice day =D.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    hey do you guys have a discord server or something like that? so we can share our deck list and stuff

Back