• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that should have Baby forms?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I know Baby forms aren't exactly loved among fans, but I personally find them really cute and a great reward for breeding.
    Are there any Pokemon without a baby form that you'd like to see with one?
    For me, a Baby Heracross would be adorable. I can just imagine it in my head now and it'd have a name like Heracry or something.
    A Baby Houndour would also be great, an evil looking puppy. Imagine the irony of being incredibly cute, but incredibly badass at the same time, I'd call it Houndin.
    Snubbull should really have a Baby form too. Just imagine it, It'd have a name like Snubbaby and it'd be like a little puppy.
    One last one before I go overboard, a Baby Combee. Imagine just a single face, awww that'd be adorable, name it Combeebee.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, a baby-form of Kangaskhan would definitely make sense. They already have it designed--the Pokémon is in Kangaskhan's pouch--all they would have to do is introduce it to our PokéDex, and hopefully, all should be well.

Aside from above, I'd also like to see a pre-evolution to Wailmer. This Pokémon is quite huge in itself, which leads me to believe that it needs one. It would be pretty cute, actually; a baby whale!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aside from above, I'd also like to see a pre-evolution to Wailmer. This Pokémon is quite huge in itself, which leads me to believe that it needs one. It would be pretty cute, actually; a baby whale!
    All I see in my mind is Spheal, haha.

I think Absol, Zangoose, Tropius and Kecleon should have baby forms. Kecleon's could be especially useful if it introduced some great moves that a Kecleon caught in the wild won't have. Absol and Zangoose's babies would be adorable furballs and Tropius would look sort of like a happy Deino that can't fly yet! Like a mix between Deino and Chikorita, perhaps.

Years
  • Aside from the baby Kangaskhan and Tauros/Miltank that have already been mentioned, I've always wanted to see a baby version of Lapras. Never had any particular reason why, other than I think it would be a cute Pokemon.

Other than that, baby versions of Scyther, Skarmory, Maractus, Sigilyph and Druddigon would be nice, though I don't expect them any time soon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    ehhh I mean I can think of some that would be cute, but overall I think they're pointless so there's really none I'd like to see. But for the sake of the thread I will say baby onix lawlawl

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A baby form of Tauros and Miltank, kinda like a Tyrouge baby where the male goes to Tauros and female goes to Miltank.

Yes, that does sound like a good plan! Perhaps they could also have it evolve into Bouffalant, somehow, since it doesn't have a pre-evo?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yes, that does sound like a good plan! Perhaps they could also have it evolve into Bouffalant, somehow, since it doesn't have a pre-evo?
    Sort of like Tyrogue even more then ^^ If attack > defense = Tauros. If defense > attack = Miltank. If attack = defense = Bouffalant? :D

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Sort of like Tyrogue even more then ^^ If attack > defense = Tauros. If defense > attack = Miltank. If attack = defense = Bouffalant? :D

There's a problem here... Males can't evolve into Miltank and females can't evolve into Tauros. Bouffalant is a completely unrelated species.

I don't think babies are needed. I mean, in real life an ostrich is a pretty big bird, and it hatches from a large egg. But Pokémon isn't real life. Bulls (like Tauros) don't hatch from eggs in real life. A common pre-evo between Tauros and Miltank would be nice, but it would mess with balance since, due to being male-only, Tauros isn't supposed to have egg moves.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh. For some reason I thought Miltank could be male in G/S/C but that sounds pretty weird when I think about it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    "Baby Pokemon" as a concept looks good on paper, but the Pokemon usually turns out to be pretty lame and half-assed in it's execution. A more interesting concept would be to spin around that Nidoran-Gender-Thingy and see if some more pokemon can evolve into different evolutions depending on their genders. For example, seal can turn into some Walrein type thing, or a friendly female dewgong.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I would like to see a baby Drowzee. That whole line is so creepy and uncomfortable, that it would be nice to add some cute in it.

A baby Girafarig or Scyther would be nice as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I would like to see a baby Drowzee. That whole line is so creepy and uncomfortable, that it would be nice to add some cute in it.
    What if it's still creepy? I could see that happening too.

pkmin3033

Onix. I've wanted a baby Onix since Duplica's Ditto transformed into a tiny one in the first season of the anime. I'd call it Pebbles.

Also, a baby Doduo with a single head. Just because. Just called "Do".

Back