• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Pokemon the Movie Coco

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • So I haven't seen anyone post this yet and looks like it has went under the radar because the the Direct this morning. But, the First Trailer to Pokemon 2020 movie was released on Oha Suta.

The movie is called Pokemon the Movie: Coco. Not much is known about it. It shows Ash in Pikachu in a... jungle of some sort with a wild boy who looks like may have grown up in the jungle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWz-0FpHT3A&feature=emb_logo

The animation looks amazing. Although it doesn't show Go or any other characters and Ash has a different style, it might be a continuation of I Choose You and Power of Us movies.

With there being an old mossy shrine in the middle of a jungle/forest, it very well could be a Celebi based movie.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It's the Ash from the Sword and Shield series. They do a throwback episode on how Pikachu evolved and met Ash. That's how the season begins.

He isn't wearing the exact same stuff in this movie, similar to the last 2 movies. Which is why it might be a continuation of Movie Ash instead of the anime series.

His art is closer to that of the movies. His hat is the same one from I Choose You and Power of Us. His bag isn't the same and his shirt and pants are also different from Sword and Shield Ash. So to me, that almost makes it certain that this new movie is the continuation of Movie Ash from Power of Us.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • To be honest... I was kind of hoping the movies would return to the old format. Although I do have to admit that I liked I Choose You more than even I was expecting to and I've heard Power of Us is just as good.

Movie Ash is best Ash so far. More competent it seems (to me anyway I guess). So if it's continuation of reboot-world I suppose that's fine but I'm still slightly disappointed the old movie format appears to be dead.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am kinda liking the new version of the movies. I didn't like the idea of them remaking the first movie and not even sure if they aired it on Disney, thought I haven't watched it.

With the new movies, they can further explore legendary pokemon. The first movie of the new style was Ho-oH, Legedary Dogs and Marshadow. The next movie was Lugia and Zeraora.

The next movie which is this one, might include a tie in to the expansions, so maybe Celebi and some of the new pokemon. I kinda hope we get a movie we the Legendary Birds. But this doesn't look like an area were the birds would be. Although Celebii has already had 2 movies, so they might skip it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Seems like I was right! With the new trailer coming out today, it confirms that a Shiny Celebii is involved in the movie one way or another.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Aye. Shiny Celebii is probably one of my favorite shiny pokemon and matches well with the Shiny Beasts that were in Celebi's last movie. So really glad they are going to use Shiny Celebii, although I don't know how much screen time it will get. Could end up being like Lugia and Legendary Dogs in I Choose You.

On a slightly off topic note, I am now gonna have to get Crystal and Shiny Hunt Celebi.

Back