• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Victory Fire (Version 2.72 Released)

Years
  • Seen today
I updated my guide a bit for this new beta, bear in mind this was the first rom hack I created a walkthrough of so there's a lot of things that I may have missed out on. Still wanna know in particular:

-If Buizel evolving into Floatzel but gaining three levels was fixed
-Evolving Snorunt into Glalie or Froslass (something I still haven't figured out)
-Evolving Clamperl into Huntail or Gorebyss (see above)
-Where Marshadow can be found

The Buizel glitch should be fixed, and Snorunt evolves into Glalie at Lv42, and it evolves into Froslass by using Moon Stone. Clamperl evolves into Huntail and Gorebyss with Sun Stone and Moon Stone. Marshadow can be found in Shadow Bush on Blue Path.

Years
Mega Evo Snorlax When?

Was wondering if there is a list of the Mega Evolves. Like how would you go about Nega Evolving Garchomp.

Can confirm you can't Mega Evolve Garchomp. I am now the Sad.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 19, 2022
is this a feature or bug? cause exp all gives the entire exp to my entire party instead of dividing it equally. if it's the intended feature then exp share is kinda shit since it divides the total exp to the party (including the holder). basically equipping exp share reduces the entire party EXP if using exp all feature

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
For some reason the most recent ones aren't patching correctly (your three games, had older versions of them as cia files on my 3ds but these new ones don't seem to want to do it using NSUI). I'll try again and edit here.

Edit: Went through like three different patchers and finally was able to get them to work through NSUI.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
For some reason the most recent ones aren't patching correctly (your three games, had older versions of them as cia files on my 3ds but these new ones don't seem to want to do it using NSUI). I'll try again and edit here.

Edit: Went through like three different patchers and finally was able to get them to work through NSUI.

can you tell me which patcher to use then? I cant get mine to work either.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Twitch Plays Pokemon played this game in May of 2023. We looked for a patch to fix the issue of the music having random beeps in it, but didn't find one. In case none exists, we created one. It works for Victory Fire, but also Resolute and Mega Power as well because it's the same problem in all three.

Technical details:
The problem is that VF/Res/MP seem to have erroneously used instrument lookup tables as free space and overwrote pieces of them with new data. There's also extra data inserted into the leading and trailing silence of the instrument samples themselves, but it doesn't seem to cause any audible issues aside from maybe a bit of crackling here and there. The cause of the beeping is a combination of a mistake GameFreak made, and the overwritten table exposing it. The instruments are put together in 190 "voice groups". Each song picks a voice group and that tells the sound system what instruments to use. Some instruments, like the trumpet, have multiple samples that get swapped out depending on which octave is supposed to be played. The way this is done is each instrument with multiple samples has its own voice group that groups together the samples. It uses one of five octave lookup tables to figure out which sample out of that voicegroup to play.
For some reason, GameFreak made the voice group table for the three trumpet samples way longer than it needs to be and filled it with default instruments (square waves). This isn't a problem, because the octave lookup table the trumpet uses never calls for the square waves. But now that the octave lookup table is filled with garbage data, the trumpets turn into square waves for many of the common octaves.
The solution was simple: find free space elsewhere in the ROM (there's almost a megabyte of unused space right before the sprites that VF/Res/MP barely used), put a new copy of the vanilla octave lookup tables there (they're just over a kilobyte in size), and change the pointers in the voice groups to use the new location.
That's it. Beeps are gone.
And since the same space is empty on all three games, the patch works for all three games. It only modifies the music tables, so it shouldn't affect any game saves. Enjoy!

Years
  • Seen today
Twitch Plays Pokemon played this game in May of 2023. We looked for a patch to fix the issue of the music having random beeps in it, but didn't find one. In case none exists, we created one. It works for Victory Fire, but also Resolute and Mega Power as well because it's the same problem in all three.

Technical details:
The problem is that VF/Res/MP seem to have erroneously used instrument lookup tables as free space and overwrote pieces of them with new data. There's also extra data inserted into the leading and trailing silence of the instrument samples themselves, but it doesn't seem to cause any audible issues aside from maybe a bit of crackling here and there. The cause of the beeping is a combination of a mistake GameFreak made, and the overwritten table exposing it. The instruments are put together in 190 "voice groups". Each song picks a voice group and that tells the sound system what instruments to use. Some instruments, like the trumpet, have multiple samples that get swapped out depending on which octave is supposed to be played. The way this is done is each instrument with multiple samples has its own voice group that groups together the samples. It uses one of five octave lookup tables to figure out which sample out of that voicegroup to play.
For some reason, GameFreak made the voice group table for the three trumpet samples way longer than it needs to be and filled it with default instruments (square waves). This isn't a problem, because the octave lookup table the trumpet uses never calls for the square waves. But now that the octave lookup table is filled with garbage data, the trumpets turn into square waves for many of the common octaves.
The solution was simple: find free space elsewhere in the ROM (there's almost a megabyte of unused space right before the sprites that VF/Res/MP barely used), put a new copy of the vanilla octave lookup tables there (they're just over a kilobyte in size), and change the pointers in the voice groups to use the new location.
That's it. Beeps are gone.
And since the same space is empty on all three games, the patch works for all three games. It only modifies the music tables, so it shouldn't affect any game saves. Enjoy!

Thanks a lot for the patch, this really helped a lot since it was hard for me to get it done back when I was working on these three hacks even if I was aware of how it was caused. I will add this patch to the thread of these three hacks, and I have updated the patches for the three hacks so that they will include the music patch, of course I will give credit to you and twitch plays pokemon. Thanks again for the effort.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
is there documentation for this game? I'd like to know what changes if any were done to the pokemon and other details. Also, is there the 4th gen physical/special split? Theres no indication of it in the game.

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen today
This new version was throughly tested by Chris and many glitches were taken out thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw, now most glitches from all previous versions should be gone. Also, there're some new additions:
PSS Split system was redone, now the category icon is shown.
Exp Share system was redone thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw's help, now it works exactly the same as how it should be in generation 6, and it can be turned on/off through a key item.
The movepool of all fully evolved Pokemon was redone, several new moves were added and some old moves were made to be more useful, like the HMs and so on.
The cries of Pokemon were corrected, also, the sprites of the Pokemon from the later generation were adjusted a bit.
It's possible to fly to all towns, this wouldn't be possible without jiangzhengwenjzw's help.
Also, with jiangzhengwenjzw's help, there are features like making a Pokemon shiny were added.
So, this new version should be way more stable than the previous ones. However, the old save file will not be compatiable with the new version, because the whole save data structure was greatly changed.
pokevf-pics.png

Download link of the Version 2.7:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ylbh3csja3m073e/Victory+Fire+V2.7+Fixed.zip/file

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
About 4 years ago I made my first detailed walkthrough for a ROM hack and it was this one. Due to how outdated it is and that it was very rough around the edges, I have created a new walkthrough. And yes, I'm aware of other sites having a walkthrough as well but the last one I looked at did not get past the Tyron League. This should cover just about everything.

A few things I had observed in my second playthrough:
-I wasn't able to get Hoothoot or Noctowl, don't know of any places to get them.
-Slowking is also not an evolution I can get (saw something in the thread which I actually tried, but it did not work).
-When you evolve Petilil into Lilligant, it has a 50% chance to turn male. This is because of the gender ratios not being changed with the Pokemon that Lilligant replaced, though Petilil is 100% female.
-I was able to fly to Challenge Bridge early (don't know exactly when, I did it when I came to Orange Villa the first time). Of course I couldn't enter Challenge Bridge due to not having all emblems, but being able to fly there early allows you to skip Sky Tunnel.

Years
  • Seen today
About 4 years ago I made my first detailed walkthrough for a ROM hack and it was this one. Due to how outdated it is and that it was very rough around the edges, I have created a new walkthrough. And yes, I'm aware of other sites having a walkthrough as well but the last one I looked at did not get past the Tyron League. This should cover just about everything.

A few things I had observed in my second playthrough:
-I wasn't able to get Hoothoot or Noctowl, don't know of any places to get them.
-Slowking is also not an evolution I can get (saw something in the thread which I actually tried, but it did not work).
-When you evolve Petilil into Lilligant, it has a 50% chance to turn male. This is because of the gender ratios not being changed with the Pokemon that Lilligant replaced, though Petilil is 100% female.
-I was able to fly to Challenge Bridge early (don't know exactly when, I did it when I came to Orange Villa the first time). Of course I couldn't enter Challenge Bridge due to not having all emblems, but being able to fly there early allows you to skip Sky Tunnel.
Thanks so much for reporting all these. Now they should be fixed. The walkthrough link was changed to the new one too. Thanks again for this. Hoothoot can now be captured in several locations, for example, the easiest way to find one is looking for it on Darkgreen Path. The flying point of Challenge Bridge was unlocked in Orange Village accidentally, which is fixed now, but if you had visited Orange Village, then the flying point will stay unlocked. Now, Slowpoke should evolve by using Sun Stone. Lilligant's gender rate was fixed as well.
Download link of the fixed V2.71:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eq1dn1ko9kwcpdh/Victory+Fire+V2.71+Fixed.zip/file

Soulmates

Hogwarts is my Home
Days
Thanks so much for reporting all these. Now they should be fixed. The walkthrough link was changed to the new one too. Thanks again for this. Hoothoot can now be captured in several locations, for example, the easiest way to find one is looking for it on Darkgreen Path. The flying point of Challenge Bridge was unlocked in Orange Village accidentally, which is fixed now, but if you had visited Orange Village, then the flying point will stay unlocked. Now, Slowpoke should evolve by using Sun Stone. Lilligant's gender rate was fixed as well.
Download link of the fixed V2.71:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eq1dn1ko9kwcpdh/Victory+Fire+V2.71+Fixed.zip/file
i can't seem to patch with NUPS. using Fire Red (Squirrels) ROM and latest Victory Fire patch. i just get an error saying the Patch doesn't match the file. what do i do?

Years
  • Seen today
i can't seem to patch with NUPS. using Fire Red (Squirrels) ROM and latest Victory Fire patch. i just get an error saying the Patch doesn't match the file. what do i do?
You what you need here is the Emerald(TrashMan) rom.

Back