• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Wisteria

manta

★★★★★
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Here, have a video of me fighting a Porygon, because I want to give an update but don't know what to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

manta

★★★★★
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    In 5-10 minutes I will be uploading a NEW Mystery Gift to Wisteria, make sure you get all outstanding Gifts before then; they'll be REMOVED!
    EDIT: Okay, the gift is up! It's a Castform. Why Castform? Once you reach the Dunis Desert in Demo 2.0, you'll find out...

Last edited:

manta

★★★★★
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Okay, time for an update.

So far, I've implemented up to Ettra City. I was making lots of progress on the game recently, up until now.
    Today, I found a game-breaking bug in all versions of Wisteria. Bascially, the game glitches out when it tries to process
    Day-Care information. It stops the battle system and summary screens working as intended. I tried to fix the bug,
    I really did. But the problem has been rooted in the game's scripts since almost the start of development.
    Another factor to the problem is the fact the game stores this data all over the save file, and once the bug starts occuring,
    it essentially sours your save file and all versions of it after that.

I am really upset over this, but it seems there is nothing I can do. Therefore, I have no choice but to either restart the game from scratch, or stop working on it for the forseeable future (hint: A very long time). Because I really hate redoing things, I have decided to stop working on the game. I'm sorry if people are saddened by this, but really, to me, it seems the only option. I am honestly sorry to disappoint, especially after all this hype I created. I'm not sure if I'm overexaggerating or not, but...

It's all a learning curve though. This is my first game that I've actually released that isn't a game jam entry or a closed beta. Thank you guys for all the support and plays of Wisteria, I really, really appreciate it, it feels amazing having someone compliment your work when you've spent a long time and a lot of work making it good. I want to say a special thanks to Deouen, thanks, you've been great at giving little bits of support and help when you can, and thanks for sticking around with this game since the beginning. And also Kied, your resources helped me greatly, and you too, thanks for sticking around!
    Pokemon Wisteria

As for what next, I will most likely start another Gen 2 project utilizing much of Wisteria's resources and features.
    Once again, thanks for playing, everyone!

(Copied from the Relic thread)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    That's extremely unfortunate.

If you absolutely don't want to abandon the project, you could disable the daycare system. Breeding is a big feature to remove, but, its better than just dropping the whole thing.

You could also ask try explaining how the issue works to other developers and see if they could help you figure it out.

Otherwise, good luck on future projects, I enjoyed Wisteria, so hopefully "Wisteria 2" is good as well.

Back