• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Possible Character Returns

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • So I thought about putting this in the Pokemon 2019 thread, but I didn't want to derail what they were talking about and this isn't confirmed. I have done these posts before, but only 1 has ever come true out of 3 or 4.

However, this time, I believe there is possible strong evidence for it based on what is said.

First off, one of the main animators of the Pokemon Anime who has shown stuff before, drew and posted an image of May and made the comment 'A pinch and a chance, maybe Uraomote' I am not sure what the term "Uraomote". From what I read on google, it means "Both or Reverse" so he could just be talking about the art, but he does capitalize it.

Today he posted an image of Gary and commented, 'I don't think it would look like this if it came out now.'

These links will take you to the tweets by him:
    Gary.
    May

Again, this is just tweets by him and they are not always accurate. Sometimes he just does stuff to do it. But he did share animations of Lillie and Ash 6 or so months before an episode happened.

That being said, if Gary and May were to return, why do you think they would? Gary is kinda obvious, but what of May?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Wow if May/Haruka returned maybe Max/Masato will finally get his own pokemon team and we'll see what he evolved his Ralts into

Gary/Shigeru nah, i know his canon self is popural in games, but i don't think we'll see him ever again the anime (althought i like his Umbreon)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I've been letting this set going by what the creator posted, which he has now drawn many other characters.

But it has now been confirmed in an interview that more characters will be returning. The info comes from AshandSerena on Twitter. All links are Japanese so I cannot see the actual interview, plus it is in a Japanese maginze, The interview comes from the creators of pokemon.

The one quote is, "Characters from the past will appear one after another." But the person on twitter wanted to make it very clear that they did no say companions, so it could literally be any past characters like gym leaders and what not. Other info given was, "OP will change in the future, but the song itself will not."

Characters that the animator has drawn that I can tell:
    Spoiler:

Again, him drawing these may mean nothing, but I figured I'd at least post them. There have been a few character that I do not recall who they are. Also the interview did not state who nor how long each character would be returning.

Characters who have returned so far:
    Spoiler:

This thread no longer has to be about what the creator has posted, you can post characters you'd like to see return as well.

Last edited:
    Back