• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Posting a top 5 or top 10 fan theories for Scarlet/Violet

Years
  • I had this idea in my head ever since the 2nd trailer dropped. I wanted to research and post fan theories provided I give the OP credit.

I am not sure how good listicles and the like do nowadays, but always liked that style. What do you suppose?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I had this idea in my head ever since the 2nd trailer dropped. I wanted to research and post fan theories provided I give the OP credit.

I am not sure how good listicles and the like do nowadays, but always liked that style. What do you suppose?
    Listicles are perfectly fine!

Did you have any specific ones in mind? And to what extent would you discuss the fan theories in the article?

Years
  • definitely like the idea of listicles! however, i am curious - how do you plan to corroborate these theories to determine what is the "top 5" or "top 10?"

i would say maybe find a list of common theories and then have the community vote on them (i.e. rank them) so that way there's some ground to originality on what those "top 5" may be

Years
  • Listicles are perfectly fine!

Did you have any specific ones in mind? And to what extent would you discuss the fan theories in the article?

There's so many out there it's hard to determine exactly what ones. This had been a random shower thought proposal and wasn't sure how to plan this I'll admit.

definitely like the idea of listicles! however, i am curious - how do you plan to corroborate these theories to determine what is the "top 5" or "top 10?"

i would say maybe find a list of common theories and then have the community vote on them (i.e. rank them) so that way there's some ground to originality on what those "top 5" may be

Not posting 4chan/8chan leaks or theories maybe a good start. I say take theories posted here on this forum/site instead of going to like those sites or the pokeleaks subreddit.

The fair way would likely be to let people vote since there's likely so many theories I can put in a 'top 5 or top 10' article. Listicles do bring original content for sure.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • There's so many out there it's hard to determine exactly what ones. This had been a random shower thought proposal and wasn't sure how to plan this I'll admit.
    Fair enough!
    Not posting 4chan/8chan leaks or theories maybe a good start. I say take theories posted here on this forum/site instead of going to like those sites or the pokeleaks subreddit.

The fair way would likely be to let people vote since there's likely so many theories I can put in a 'top 5 or top 10' article. Listicles do bring original content for sure.
    If you struggle to find 5 or 10 on PC then I think it'd be fine to link to other websites - just give credit via a link within the article.

I don't mind the community voting idea, but that would take longer and require participation to a decent scale to get some ordering. A quicker way is to go with your own 'top 5/10', and just not order them ('here are the 5 theories I thought were the most interesting', or somesuch).

Years

Just to check, especially in light of the news we've had today, where we are with this one? Is this something you're still looking to put together?

Back