• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Powerpuff Girls goes Live-action!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    So the script (allegedly) leaked.

There's been half a dozen of script reactions out there on Youtube and wow, if that was the script I'm really glad they're reworking stuff because they managed to miss every single beat.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    As far as I'm aware, CW's chairperson "avoided confirming or denying that the script leaks were real."

So, there is a non zero chance that they're false. Maybe it's a tinfoil hat conspiracy on my part, but being noncommittal here is as good as admitting they're real, because the scripts are being panned by pretty much everybody.

Maybe the CW is going for the "all publicity is good publicity" angle and not denying because they want to capitalize on the TV equivalent of rage clicks? The chairperson did say "This is a powerful property, it engaged a lot of interest.", which does read as trying to create - or at least exploit - clickbait.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yeah given the (well deserved) response to that awful script leak, there's no way they would acknowledge it as being real - although I'm almost certain it is.

I have no doubt there is an element of the CW pushing more taboo elements as a way of stirring some controversy and interest in the show, but the response they got is not what I imagine they hoped for.

Back