• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recommended teams?

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    I'm having a few issues with my team, if someone could guide me through what I should and shouldn't keep that would help.
    First:
    Vaporeon 36
    Aurora beam
    Surf
    Bite
    Quick Attack

Typhlosion 37
    Swift
    Cut
    Flame Wheel
    Ember

Noctowl 37
    Reflect
    Air Slash
    Confusion
    Fly

Togepi 35 (Did not legitally level him in case you're wondering.)

Growl
    Charm
    Extrasensory
    Attract

Red Gyarados
    Bite
    Dragon Rage
    Leer
    Twister

Any suggestions?

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • You have the right idea but for Typhlosion replace ember with a more powerful Fire type attack. And for Noctowl replace reflect for an actual attacking move. That is all I can think of, otherwise it's a pretty decent team.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Going to punt this to the In-game team rate section as well if PC allows as that's the section for getting advice on your team, not here.

Gyarados will want physical moves (e.g. Waterfall when you get it), and maybe Dragon Dance too over stuff like Leer, twister, etc. Drop Cut when you can as you'll not be using that for battles. Given you already have a Vaporeon I'm not sure if you should stick with the Red Gyarados though instead of trying something else (and you already have two Pokemon weak to electricity), but up to you.

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    Ah alright thanks guys. I'll change up some moves for Typhlosion and Noctowl, and I'll keep vaporeon.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I'm having a few issues with my team, if someone could guide me through what I should and shouldn't keep that would help.
    First:
    Vaporeon 36
    Aurora beam
    Surf
    Bite
    Quick Attack

Typhlosion 37
    Swift
    Cut
    Flame Wheel
    Ember

Noctowl 37
    Reflect
    Air Slash
    Confusion
    Fly

Togepi 35 (Did not legitally level him in case you're wondering.)

Growl
    Charm
    Extrasensory
    Attract

Red Gyarados
    Bite
    Dragon Rage
    Leer
    Twister

Any suggestions?

Improve togepi's moveset, and evolve him, and get rid of ember for typhlosion. Also, try getting a better moveset for the gyarados. I'd also say try to avoid giving team members HMs, I personally feel that, other than fly, surf and whatever the waterfall hm is, they are meant for hm slaves. Especially remove cut from typhlosion...

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • A scizor would be a great addition. Scyther can be caught in the bug catching contest. With Technician and a great typing Scizor is one of the best pokemon in-game and in competeive battling.
    But you have to be able to trade.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    You Can Try Ampharos

Of Course Typhlosion and The Red Gyarados Misses Ampharos

Plus Ampharos Have Really Good Special Attack To Use

So Ampharos

Back