• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Scromarius' Arts

Scromarius

Pokémon Artist
Years
  • Hello everyone! I've been meaning to get back into making art on a more frequent basis, and I figured posting them on the forums here would be a good place to start. Typically, I've mostly made drawings on paper using pen, pencil, and other physical media. At the same time, I would also like to explore the wide range of techniques that involve digital art so I can add on to and improve my skills. I used to try out making digital art a long time ago but have barely done anything since.

To start off, I've decided to post Pokémon-related art that I've already made in the past year or so. I've posted most of these on Reddit before, so in case anyone passes by and recognizes them, just making sure that you know they are from me! It would be great to see any comments and feedback on them, as well as on any other future art that I upload on here.

(I've greatly reduced the image sizes from the originals, but I'm not sure if they're still too big so I'm putting them all in spoiler tags.)

Pencil Drawings:

Aquatic Mascot Trio
    Spoiler:

Burning Mascot Trio
    Spoiler:

Mega Aggron
    Spoiler:

Zekrom and Lugia
    Spoiler:

Pen Drawings:

Yveltal's Fury
    Spoiler:

The Aron Family Cave (w/ Colored Pencil)
    Spoiler:

Made from Pastel:

Froakie and a Warm Summer Night
    Spoiler:

Pseudo-Legendary Series:

Hydreigon in the Night Sky
    Spoiler:

Sandstreaming Tyranitar
    Spoiler:

Garchomp on the Hunt
    Spoiler:

Metagross Wrecks the Lab
    Spoiler:

Dragonite Escaping the Storm
    Spoiler:

Dragon Pulsing Goodra
    Spoiler:

Soaring Salamence
    Spoiler:

Kommo-o on the Mountains
    Spoiler:

Dragapult in the Wild
    Spoiler:

Other Colored Pencil Drawing:

Froakie at the Lake
    Spoiler:

Digital Drawings:

Dusk Mane Necrozma and the Eclipse (Smartphone Wallpaper Style)
    Spoiler:

Zamazenta Shield
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • You can change it but for now I put a temporary title so you know it's yours. :')

I love your art though! I think my fave would be the Froakie at the lake, with the smartphone wallpaper close second!

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • One word: Awesome! I loved your pencil drawings and the Tyranitar! All of them are awesome, to say the least. Keep up this good work, excited to see more of them!! Also, when I get a smartphone, I'm making Dusk Mane Necrozma the wallpaper for sure.

Last edited:

Scromarius

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • You can change it but for now I put a temporary title so you know it's yours. :')

I love your art though! I think my fave would be the Froakie at the lake, with the smartphone wallpaper close second!

Thank you, Kitty! I'm still not very familiar with these forums :P I actually like the title you provided, so I may just keep it like that. Glad you like them! I initially wanted to put the lake one in a custom trading card, so I tried designing it akin to certain TCG art. The wallpaper was made during the pre-release of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and it did turn out better than I expected!

One word: Awesome! I loved your pencil drawings and the Tyranitar! All of them are awesome, to say the least. Keep up this good work, excited to see more of them!! Also, when I get a smartphone, I'm making Dusk Mane Necrozma the wallpaper for sure.

Thanks, Sid! Drawing with pencil is great (easy to erase, haha). It took some time to decide on Tyranitar's position, especially with its long tail. Feel free to use the wallpaper if you'd like!

Last edited:

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Your pencil art is so robust and dramatic! Very solid forms, I have trouble with those very detailed, complex Pokemon, but you draw them well!!

It reminds me a little of my friend Rohanite's work (both for the black and white traditional art and how cool and dramatic they look!).

Scromarius

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Your pencil art is so robust and dramatic! Very solid forms, I have trouble with those very detailed, complex Pokemon, but you draw them well!!

It reminds me a little of my friend Rohanite's work (both for the black and white traditional art and how cool and dramatic they look!).

Thanks, QuietDragon! It takes a lot of practice and revision to get those forms and details right, and I might spend a bit too much time on that :P Is Rohanite a member who posts artwork here?

Here's a drawing of Zekrom and Lugia I made during the week:

yBRP6lK.jpg

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Holy-!! These look amazing! So much detail -- I especially love your monochromatic pencil drawings, the way they're colored and shaded. Wow! What can I even say except: all of these are awesome! You're a great artist, dude, holy crap! :D That Goodra and its Dragon Pulse is just gorgeous; nice use of colors and a wonderful pose to boot. Dang. Super cool gallery ♥♥

Scromarius

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Been a while lol. Thanks Ci Ci! So much stuff happened with holidays and getting back into the new school semester so I haven't had much time to make more art. But I wanted to finish something before I get too busy again. I figured I would add to my pseudo-legendary series by drawing Dragapult, so here it is! Hoping to finally work on more digital pieces some time later on.

C9LgWGS.jpg

Last edited:
    Back