• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Songs that remind you of childhood?

Years
    I was listening to a few things that remind me of being young. My parents were always into rock/punk/indie. but is there a specific song that when you hear you go back to a memory?

for me it was as a song call called sit down by a band called a James, it reminds me of a holiday camp we used to go to, my aunt owned a caravan there and we used to go every year, there was a hotel that played this song all the time.

Is here a song that brings nostalgia when you hear it ?

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    Eternal Flame, by The Bangles. It's my dad's lullaby for me before my parents had a divorce when I was three and he left.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    First Date by blink-182
    Dirty Little Secret by The All-American Rejects
    Blowin' in the Wind by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
    She's A Lady by Forever the Sickest Kids
    Angel to You by The Click Five
    Jenny by The Click Five
    Where Were You by Every Avenue
    Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings
    Everything I Ask For by The Maine
    7 Things by Miley Cyrus

....and these are just some of the songs that give me childhood memories. :P As a child, I'd always go to Youtube and search for anime music videos of my favorite Pokemon ships. The songs above were the songs of some of my favorite AMV's back then. There are tons more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

EDIT: The soundtrack of the musical "Mamma Mia" also gives me nostalgia, since it was the very first musical (non-disney) that I watched!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Most of the songs that would remind me of it... most likely are theme songs from cartoons I watched as a kid. Like Ducktales, Shining Time Station, Sesame Street, the gummi bears song... those sorts of things. In fact, those are the four theme songs that can play in my mind easily and make me feel really nostalgic about my past.

Also, by gummi bears theme song... I mean this show:

Spoiler:

Oh and this song because it always made me laugh when I was younger:

Spoiler:

Other things would be 90's country. My parents always listened to it when I was growing up. Yes, I do still enjoy that stuff.

Last edited:

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
    Heino - Blau blüht der Enzian

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES AND I'LL TAKE YOU THEREEEE, THIS PLACE IS WARM WITHOUT A CAREEE, WE'LL TAKE A SWIM IN THE DEEP BLUE SEAAA, I GOT TO LEAVE AS YOU REACH FOR MEEEE

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Alphaville - Forever Young

Man in the Mirror - MJ

Well this two awesome songs just thrills me at it always fresh new songs no matter the time goes.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
    I used to be one of those goth kids, so early Marilyn Manson and Slipknot really bring me back to my early and mid teens. Marilyn Manson's "Mechanical Animals" was the first album I ever purchased.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Well, the first bands I listen were...

The Used
    Mindless self indulgence
    Tool
    A Perfect Circle

Some bands who reminds me of my chlidhood are Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, System of a down, Korn... But I don't really listen to them anymore. The list above this one are bands I am still lsitening.

Ahhhhh... Good time.. Listening to Mindless self indulgence when playing Neopets. I was a strange kid :3 And I couldn't understand English at this time.....

I started listening to Japanese music when I was maybe 12, so it is kinda childhood too, but these bands are way before that.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    A lot of Shakira, Beyonce and Fall Out Boy. I also listened to a lot of metal as a kid but I don't remember any of the bands since I stopped for a while. But when my parents were flipping houses we listened to a lot of pop on the radio so there was a lot of Beyonce, Eminem, FOB, etc.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Anything from Linkin Park or *shudder* Nickleback... my taste has changed a LOT
    In The End and Bleed It Out are still killer tracks though

Oh and this:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    "Sacrifice" by Elton John is the song that gives me the strongest nostalgic feeling. Whenever I hear it, I instantly remember riding in my parents' minivan at night listening to the radio as we drove around. So it's a weirdly comforting song, given the subject matter sung about in the song.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Alien Ant Farm - Movies

Just one of those songs which stays in your head forever <33

Myriad

Formerly Lawlietta.
    Years
    Anything from Red Hot Chili Peppers c:
    Also my dad used to always listen to Gangster's Paradise by Coolio when I was a kid, so that's probably the one I'd pick~

Back