• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Spam Filters are Killing Me

Days
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Hello there. Sorry about the bother, but I'm not sure who to contact about this. Anything that I try to do on the forums is getting flagged as spam, I can't even contact staff about it, as the "contact us" letters are getting flagged as spam too. I'm not sure if it's something on my end either, as no VPN setting or anything else seems to change the spam filtering. Terribly sorry about the bother, new to the forums, so not completely sure what's happening.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I've approved this thread, so it should be publicly visible now. I think that the spam filter gets very eager to flag stuff as spam for people with 5 posts or less. Some parts of Fan Games require threads to be approved by staff before they become visible (but Hub isn't one of those). I'm not terribly familiar with the details and ins-and-outs of the xenforo spam filter though, so I'ma just ping @Administrators since maybe they'd know more.

Years
  • The spam filter focuses on users with 5 or less posts, if any links or flagged words are detected it will send that content to the approval queue. Once you hit 6 posts the spam filter won't catch any of your content or post edits anymore. Unfortunately this is needed to help us control spam (online communities get a lot of it and spam filters like these are what helps it stay out of the public eye). It's very easy to hit this post threshold, especially since forums like Pokémon Trivia and Forum Games exist. Sorry about that, I wish we didn't need it either but it's a necessary evil. :(

Days
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    The spam filter focuses on users with 5 or less posts, if any links or flagged words are detected it will send that content to the approval queue. Once you hit 6 posts the spam filter won't catch any of your content or post edits anymore. Unfortunately this is needed to help us control spam (online communities get a lot of it and spam filters like these are what helps it stay out of the public eye). It's very easy to hit this post threshold, especially since forums like Pokémon Trivia and Forum Games exist. Sorry about that, I wish we didn't need it either but it's a necessary evil. :(
    Alright, fair enough, thank you both for the help then. It seems I need to *spam* some messages to get past the spam filter ;).

Back