• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spoilers

pkmin3033

How do you feel about video game spoilers? What constitutes a spoiler to you, and how much time has to pass before it becomes "acceptable" to openly talk about aspects of a game that would have been previously considered spoilers?

Years
  • There's a lot of "purists" out there in terms of not wanting things spoiled to them, and it sometimes goes down to the minute details of "I haven't watched any of the trailers or looked at the screenshots, I don't want to see anything until the game is in my hands". For me at least, I play a lot of JRPGS so I would prefer not to be spoiled of not only climactic story points, but also any revelations in terms of any existing lore or whatever. Also, I think at least a month has to pass before it's "acceptable" to talk about spoilers; at that point, it's up to the consumer to be selective and careful about not seeing anything they don't want to see.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If it's a game I'm really hyped for then I will at least watch the trailer. I don't watch more than that though, why would I pay $60 for a game that half of the main plot is going to be spoiled in 5-10 minutes of footage I can watch for free online? If I didn't want the surprise and joy of going through the game myself then I would just watch someone play through it on Twitch or Youtube for free.

Years
  • I don't mind spoiling myself on some games, but I have a certain game that I will not watch a single walkthrough of and that is TLOU 2, all the gameplay released from Sony themselves during the promotion is enough for me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I've stopped caring about spoilers these days, since I know there's no way to avoid them when online anymore. Tbh, I've never really cared. I rarely go into anything blind. Tbh, the only way to avoid spoilers at all is if you stop going on social media, and using Google. I'm not gonna get mad at someone for spoiling something. The only thing I really consider spoilers is later game story content, but even then I really don't care.

Years
  • I'm in the camp of, I don't seek spoilers out and I'll get annoyed if you intentionally go out of your way to spoil me, but if you accidentally let one slip or I stumble across one, it's not the end of the world.

Back