• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Sweet Hearts ♥ Valentine's day event 2021

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Sweet Hearts Event Part 8!!
    Game: Pokémon Emerald
    Current date: Bailey
    Rules:
    1: You may only use Pokémon with no gender, or with a 50/50 male to female ratio.
    2: You may not use two Pokémon with the same height in your team.

After beating the twins I immediately headed to the Space Center to confront Team Magma once again and prevent them to steal the rocket fuel or whatever. Pretty much everyone was soloed by Glalie and the battle with Steven was just spamming Surf with Seadra.

Then I got Dive from Steven and used it to find the stolen submarine and then go against- wait shit I need my HM slave again. I also taught Psychic to Spinda while I was at it.

I used Dive to find the stolen submarine and take on Team Aqua in whatever Kyogre's cave name is and if I didn't screenshot any of these boss battles, it's because they were completely easy lmfao.

Archie awakens Kyogre and just as Groundon did, they flee, putting a start to the weather crisis which is also the highlight of the whole game. I end up reaching Sootopolis where both Groudon and Kyogre are fighting for who fucks up Hoenn the most, but I win by bringing a green snake to tell em to shut up.

After that, the two leaders go to return the orbs and Wallace gives me the last HM: Waterfall, but before I can beat him, I gotta beat his mentor and current gym leader, Juan.

Juan's battle started alright, but went to shit pretty quick because of some bad RNG that messed up my game. The idea was to sweep with Castform, but ended up beating him with Glalie.

Sweet Hearts ♥ Valentine's day event 2021

Current team:

Will keep dating Bailey.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Spoiler:

No effects for you this time either~ That looks like 15 points, too :)
    Updated Bailey~

Years
    Update 8 – Dragon Gym

That guy Gary is a weirdo, last time he told me he loves Corviknights but now he reveals he also hates steel types. It's probably best if I stay away from him.

Inability to use Corviknight meant I had to prepare a little bit more this time, and so I EV trained my Pokemon in Speed and Defense through Pokejobs (it's very slow, but I'm too lazy to do it normally :P)

With that the gym battle went rather well. Extra defense boost from Reflect meant I could keep attacking without healing too often. In the end the Dragon Badge was mine :)

Team:
    Spoiler:

My last date is... Skyla!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Spoiler:

So let's see... no side effect, 6 Pokémon points, and 3 rules completed - which is also 1+2+3=6 points! Nice date~
    Updated Skyla!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Sweet Hearts Event Part 9!!
    Game: Pokémon Emerald
    Current date: Bailey
    Rules:
    1: You may only use Pokémon with no gender, or with a 50/50 male to female ratio.
    2: You may not use two Pokémon with the same height in your team.
    3: Your Pokémon's moves must all be of different types.

Oh, boy. After beating Juan in Sootopolis Gym I went to look for a Bagon in Meteor Falls. Not to catch it, but because I needed to steal the Dragon Scale from it so I could trade Seadra with myself and get Kingdra. It's true that I could've done that with Horsea when I caught it, but I didn't know that by then and fishing in Hoenn games is the most horrible thing. I bet the fishing mechanic was created by the same person that made Greedent. This whole thing took me like an hour.

I also went to get a few TMs, more specifically the Ice Beam one for Kingdra and also taught a few TMs to the rest of the team because of Bailey's third rule. Used Calm Mind and Water Pulse on Spinda, Earthquake on Glalie, Ice Beam and Double Team on Kingdra and none in Castform because she wasn't breaking the rule. I also gave nicknames to the rest of the team and made my old Lombre my Waterfall (and Flash) HM slave since Kingdra couldn't have it. Also used a Heart Scale to have Spinda relearn Faint Attack.

Victory Road gave me absolutely no problem, despite having only four usable Pokémon. Wally was taken down by Glalie alone, except for his Gardevoir who was beaten by Spinda iirc.

The E4 was another thing. Sidney was easy, and Phoebe did give me a bit of trouble the first time, but ultimately I realized I could beat her with Spinda alone. When I got to battle my wife- I mean Glacia, everything went to shit. Took me too many tries, my team was not only underleveled, RNG was also not on my side. So before challenging Glacia again I had to do some grinding yay.

And then I lost again :femme2:

So I had to do more grinding.

And then with my team around lvl 54 I got to beat her.

Drake was by far the easiest E4 here lmao. Kingdra sweeped with Ice Beam and Twister.

Now Wallace is by far the easiest champion in the franchise, unless you have absolutely nothing to counter the Water type. If I was playing Ruby or Sapphire, the champion battle would've been way easier. Not to mention I also ran out of PP in most of my Pokémon's moves because of Glacia's battle. And Wallace's Gyarados omg after two or so Dragon Dances, I was dead. Had to grind again.

After my last grinding Wallace was still a bit hard to beat, but he was more manageable.

Castform took down Wailord with 3 lucky Thunders. Glalie came next to one shot his Tentacruel with Earthquake, and then Spinda tanked Ludicolo with Calm Mind and then Faint Attack, it was by far the most glorious part of the battle. Fuck Ludicolo. Dottie also forced a few Full Restores on Wallace by using Water Pulse against Whiscash. Kingdra would've taken care of Gyarados if he didn't ran out of PP in every move but Double Team, it ended up being taken down by Glalie but by luck. Gyarados was about to sweep me but for whatever reason it decided to use Dragon Dance when it was at 1% HP. His Milotic gave me a lot of trouble during other tries, so I ended up using the Facade TM on Glalie to counter its Toxic and OHKOing it with a lucky crit.

I was seriously considering forfeiting to having full team points and catch a Heracross and some grass type, but it wasn't really necessary. Ended up a bit overleveled, though :femme2:

Final team:

Pokémon's final movesets for rule 3.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years

Sweet Hearts in Pokémon X

DATING SKYLA

Okay, something really funny happened. I finished my run yesterday morning, before Kostucha's update. But since I can see all the rules, I thought Skyla's third rule was active when I was playing. Not sure why I thought that. So I flew to Laverre City and bought stuff for $30 000 before continuing on.

I flew around Kalos some more and picked up all Skyla's Pokémon, except Skarmory, since it can only be caught on Victory Road. It took me a while to level them up, but I thought I had pretty solid team. But then I got challenged by a random trainers on Victory Road and I swear every single one of them have Pokémon with either Electric, Ice or Rock-type move. Any progress was slow. But I somehow made it to E4 and caught Skarmory on my way there.

My only plan was to use super-effective Pokémon, where I can. I used Swanna against Malva. Or at least I tried. Malva' Pyroar knows Wild Charge and was faster that Swanna, so I had to quickly come up with another strategy. It was struggle to beat regular E4 for once. As I said, Malva quickly took down Swanna, Siebold quickly beat Jumpluff and Wikstrom and Drasna always had a counter to my plays.

I was looking forward Diantha battle. I beat her Hawlucha with Swanna and then switched to Swoobat for her Aurorus. I realized I slapped Calm Mind on it and never used it during E4. So I set up 6 Calm Minds and nothing could hurt anymore Swoobat. I swept Diantha's team with either boosted Psychic or Air Slash. I almost forgot Mega Evolutions weere a think in this game if it wasn't for her Mega Gardevoir.

Here's Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Overall I think this was cool challenge. Not just because I was the one who helped to set it up, but the idea of you having a full control on a difficulty was neat. Thanks Loomie for creating it!

Team

Bes, Brave Male Swanna
    lvl 68, Big Pecks @Mystic Water
    - Surf
    - Defog
    - Hurricane
    - Ice Beam

Nanaya, Serious Female Swoobat
    lvl 68, Klutz @Twisted Spoon
    - Attract
    - Air Slash
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic

Ishtar, Adamant Female Drifblim
    lvl 66, Unburden @Spell Tag
    - Shadow Ball
    - Minimize
    - gust
    - Focus Energy

Bastet, Modest Female Jumpluff
    lvl 66, Chlorophyll @Miracle Seed
    - Energy Ball
    - Acrobatics
    - Toxic
    - Leech Seed

Prende, Careful Female Noivern
    lvl 66, Frisk @Dragon Fang
    - Hurricane
    - Tailwind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Boomburst

Yue-Lao, Impish Male Skarmory
    lvl 64, Sturdy @Metal Coat
    - Autotomize
    - Fly
    - Steel Wing
    - Night Slash​

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Pokémon Platinum
    Cobble Badge complete!

1: You may only use Water types.
    2: You may only use HM moves in battle.

Quick update since I've not been feeling too well lately but still want to get this done on time! I didn't spend as much time at the contest hall as I'd hoped, but I did manage to win my first Beauty contest, at least!

At Veilstone I spent almost all my time gambling at the Game Corner because I kept getting shiny Clefairies and before I knew it, earned 6000 coins... which doesn't really buy anything useful to me, so I decided to leave it at that until I felt the itch to gamble again.

Maylene's gym is such a bother! Was it always like this? I swear it takes 10 seconds for each boxing bag to animate and swing... Well, to get her back for putting me through that torturous maze, I knocked her team out flat, Water Pulse after Water Pulse from my formidable Daks. Thanks, Daks!

Now, I did not follow the HM only rule from Luke this time. I did however catch each of his available favourite Pokémon, being Seaking and Golduck, and will have Octillery for this next segment. Which means I will keep on dating Luke!

Bubbles ♂ Lv. 33
    WATER

Daks ♀ Lv. 40
    WATER

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Spoiler:

No rules and two Pokémon will net you 6 points! Yay! And, little surprise for you, Luke is willing to share some intel about another trainer...
    A new rule and all the accompanying info has been given to Teresa, the last trainer in Contact List 3!
    As for Luke's rules, they're updated now~

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I don't think I can finish the challenge by 15th :why:

I'm barely having internet here and I return on 13th so, yeah. Kinda impossible ;-;

I will try completing it once I have regular internet again. But just in case I can't, I wanted to leave the reason here.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Hi there! It's been a while since my last update, but I've finally put in the work and finished Pokémon Sword!
    How did it go? Well...

I realized very soon that Froslass alone would not really get me anywhere. So I had to pair her up with some other Pokémon that I had laying around, including Lucario, Gloom and... my Raboot! I really wanted to give my starter another chance to shine after dropping him off right after badge #1, so here he is! I was incredibly indecisive on who else to add to the team, so I just decided to power through all the way to Wyndon and figure things out there... except I soon learned that once you get there, you're immediately supposed to go to the Stadium!

I took a pause from the game for a bit (in fact all I did was buy new clothes) and think of how to get new Pokémon. I really didn't want to grind too much, but getting high-level Pokémon from the Wild Area and such required me to do so anyways - apparently it's very hard to catch Pokémon that are a higher level than yours, so... yeah. And so, with the help of Lucario and later, Cinderace, I decimated all the Pokémon in Route 10 (plus some wanderers in the Wild Area).

The Wild Area weather wasn't really on my side and it was hard to get all the Pokémon I wanted. The Raids were starting to get very difficult as well and the time was ticking, so I just kept grinding until I could get my hands on two more team members: a level 60 Haxorus I found in the Eye of Axew (Wild Area), and a Hattrem I found near Balloonlea. I also evolved my Gloom into Vileplume at about this time.

With everyone trained up and at a very high level (I had to get my Lucario to level 60 to catch the level 60 Haxorus without too much trouble!) I easily won against most of the trainers in the first Tournament. The Gym leaders were a bit harder, but that was nothing that a few Power Herbs wouldn't solve - and yes, I still had that rule about not using actual potions in battle. All my Pokémon hate me now, but I became suddenly the richest person in Galar by selling all those Revives and Hyper Potions. Finally, Macro Cosmos would've been quite difficult if it wasn't for my friend Cinderace - in fact, I'm so glad I added him back to the team! Hatterene dealt with Oleana's Garbodor instead.

Rose was easy thanks to Cinderace (again) whereas Eternatus was mostly just watching Zacian do most of the work while Froslass hindered it with Icy Wind. Once that was caught, I finally went ahead and battled Leon, and that was finally a hard battle. He left me with just two Pokémon after a very intense fight, and the levels were surely in his favor this time. But Haxorus, the last Pokémon in my team that could do something against his Charizard, eventually bested him with two Max Rockfall. And so, I became champion for the first time in Pokémon Sword!

So, the team:
    Cinderace, lv. 62, Blaze
    Court Change, U-Turn, Flame Charge, Pyro Ball
    Scorbunny is already one of my favorite starters, and is also based on my own Chinese Zodiac sign. So how could I not bring back this guy at the end of the game? I made this decision purely out of love for this Pokémon - I wanted to give him more screentime since he was my starter - but this turned out to be a great choice, especially against Macro Cosmos / Rose. Fire type moves and amazing Attack and Speed made many battles a breeze, and even if his moveset was not that amazing, all I needed to do was click on Pyro Ball to see things hide in fear! I'm definitely very happy with this Pokémon.
    Lucario, lv. 66, Inner Focus
    Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Meteor Mash, Extreme Speed
    This Pokémon is OP. I got lucky enough to find the right weather in the Wild Area for Riolu to spawn, and used her during my date with Hugh, but I knew I had to bring her back for this final segment. (By the way, I caught her in a Luxury Ball to make her super happy). She has amazing coverage, is just fast enough to go first most of the time, and has very strong mixed Attacking stats. Another Pokémon I'm very happy with, though it's probably not that big of a surprise to know she did well.
    Froslass, lv. 58, Snow Cloak
    Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Will-o-Wisp, Hex
    Didn't use her too much but she was the only Pokémon that I could use from Karin's team. Still, she didn't do too bad and was even able to take some hits when needed! I also can't blame her too much because of her level being lower than Lucario's, for example.
    Haxorus, lv. 64, Rivalry
    Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Giga Impact
    Already caught at level 60, she was a force to be reckoned with from the start. Just click on things and it's done... especially after one or two Dragon Dances! She took hits quite well too... well, usually (I totally misjudged her defensive abilities against Eternatus for example), but was the one Pokémon that defeated Leon's Charizard - that alone is a great accomplishment. Haxorus is a Pokémon I never used, since it's really not that easy to even find, but I'm very happy I gave her a try this time! She did very well.
    Vileplume, lv. 60, Chlorophyll
    Giga Drain, Toxic, Venoshock, Moonblast
    Didn't use her too much, but she was surely helpful against trainers like Nessa or Bea. She's not really that strong but she did what she had to do so no complaints here! I already had a high level Gloom from a previous date and picked her up again because her Giga Drain would have allowed me to save a bit on healing items, and that was precisely the case!
    Hatterene, lv. 55, Forewarn
    Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam
    Due to her low level, her usefulness started to decrease by the end, but she still did a marvelous job during the beginning of this date! She hit very hard, this time from the Special side of things, and much like Haxorus, could even boost herself up. Being a new Pokémon and all, I really wanted to try her out and once again, I'm happy with how she did!

So that gives me one point for that Froslass and one point for the rule! 2 total! That leaves me with a not-so-nice total if compared with the points that some other people got, but I'm still happy with how the challenge went. I think I did pretty well considering the trainers I found (yep, random mode hehe) and the rules they gave me - especially later on I tried to use all the Pokémon they wanted and really make them happy, and that made for a very interesting and varied adventure!

Considering what my own objectives were when creating this challenge, though, I'm still a bit torn!
    On one hand, I'm very happy that you all seem to enjoy the challenge, and that it has given you some interesting situations to work with. Both myself and other people have used Pokémon that they had never tried out and worked on new strategies to continue - and yes, I'm overall quite happy with this mix of individual decisions and random effects.
    On the other, the execution was, as it is with most challenges that are at their first iteration, a bit lacking! The trainers were probably a bit too many given the number of players - even if I never even introduced them all... and yes, me being so late with adding trainers was also something that should not have happened (although this means they could be easily recycled for future challenges... stay tuned, hehe). The challenge wasn't really that balanced across different games, and - I have to admit this - was probably harder to update than I expected! In short, this is another example of Eleanor taking steps longer than the leg, but making it kinda work ;)

That said... the challenge still isn't over! You still have about one full day to post your last updates and get as far as you can! You got this, Challengers~

Years
    Final Update

Oh today is the final day? Haha oops.

Skyla was a fun final date, great pokemon and free rules. For the third one I got a Motorcycle Jacket for 111k which should be enough :P
    Spoiler:

Endgame was really fun, Noivern was easily the MVP, although Drifblim also helped in many battles. Swoobat was lagging behind a bit, but it had its uses.

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

It's kinda sad that this subforum isn't even close to being active enough for this challenge to grow to its full potential. Also I'm not convinced that the points system was really necessary. However overall I really enjoyed this challenge. I got to use many new pokemon even if it was only for 1 gym in most cases. Seeing all those new rules was really nice, I can see that a lot of work is going into those Events. Thanks for organising them! :)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Whoops, dashing in with a quick update to net a few more points!!! I wasn't able to follow Luke's rules this time, it wasn't really possible, but I did catch an Octillery and so I used 3 of his favourites for this segment! :D

Thanks so much for hosting the challenge Loomie and Janp, I did have a lot of fun with it and only wish I had more time to finish the game! I'll try to do better next time - and maybe not naming my rival Jamp will help. :')

<3

Years
    Thanks everyone for participating! I'm glad you had a fun playing, even though you didn't finish it (See Clover, this is what happens when you let Jamp in your game). For me personally, this was the first challenge that let me really dive into the huge roster of Pokémon that XY has to offer. This was easily the most Pokémon I've ever used in one run.

And thanks Loomie for coming up with the idea and bothering me enough to help him prepare everything. So, what's next?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    What's next uh?
    First off, thanking Janp again for helping out so much with organizing and updating! Second, thanking the two brave souls who submitted some trainers to add to the Contact List, too: Sheep and Lordecoxinha! And third, thanking all of you for playing along and enduring this challenge, hehe! I'm very glad that you all enjoyed it and gave more Pokémon a try! (Especially Cubism with Spinda and Castform)

Of course, the biggest simp award winner prize goes to Kostucha with 92 points, followed by Janp with 82! And then of course, for the non-random category, we have Cubism with a grand total of 68 points! I personally wanted these points to act as a gauge of how much everyone was willing to follow the rules given (because, you know, it was not mandatory this time!) but there's still a huge amount of randomness involved so... yeah, it's fine 😇

If we're talking about future challenges, well... all I can say at this point is that you might want to keep some of these savefiles ready to be used again, especially those where you completed the game! There may be a way to get some more hours of play from them...

This thread, from now on, is open for any sort of feedback or comments on the challenge! No more updates though, as Janp said~

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Um, what? I posted the final update.

Oh nooooo... that's so embarrassing! I updated that final post and the scoreboard on the first page~
    I'm sorry although I partially blame Janp for liking your update post

Years
    Oh nooooo... that's so embarrassing! I updated that final post and the scoreboard on the first page~
    I'm sorry although I partially blame Janp for liking your update post
    Ups, I thought you updated it and only forgot to like the post. So I liked it instead. Sorry!

Back