• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Systemcat's Art

Days
  • Age 43
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Think I'll just show a couple pieces I've done to start. If people enjoy them, I'll post more.

pokemon-er.png

Pokemon-in-Heat.png

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 43
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
So, no one cares for my art? ... ... Going to show some more. ... If this isn't what people want to see then I give up.

Pokemon-Blast-Seed.jpg

pmd-hydreigon-voice-of-life-by-systemcat-d7idtbw-fullview.jpg

Days
  • Age 43
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Thanks guys, and about the Hydreigon one. Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, is a special fave to me being one of the earliest games I played on the 3DS and the first Pokemon game I got to play for the system.:smile:

This latest piece was done for my boss for the store he runs. We sell television DVDs. He suddenly asked me to provide the sales banner art for Pokemon Day early. If you're wondering why so many Pokemon kitties. DVD Universe has a cat theme to its art throughout the site.

Pokemon-Day.png

Years
i really like your art style! especially how the solgaleo looks there in the most recent piece you've done :)
the cat theme is on point and should be done more tbh

Days
  • Age 43
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
i really like your art style! especially how the solgaleo looks there in the most recent piece you've done :)
the cat theme is on point and should be done more tbh
Thank you, I trained myself to be a penciler years ago. Doing this banner let me flex those comic book art focused muscles, even though manga isn't normally what I produce. My normal sales banners are almost always short comics but a fixed style and rarely fan art.

I remember telling Jon (boss/friend) Pokemon has many kitty Pokemon, and my original concept for this would have used all of them. But those banners are normally at 570x400 pixels. Picture drawing politely all of them in that space to a good image? Even this which is what Jon refers to as a full page banner ... I still felt drawing in all the kitties was like a scene overload. And get this? I considered adding in more mice to the scene like Marill, Tandemaus, and Dedenne.

Back