• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The flow of WPM; let's play ✍️✍️✍️

Days
    Today while looking random things on internet, I came across an interesting test which shows our words per minute count while typing. So I thought to give it a try, and share this interesting thing in the community.

For that we need to go here:

And then select the three minute test option to begin the quick test. I thought to go for one minute option, but felt it too short to give appreciable statistical count!

And this is what I got :

1716011672391.png

Rules:

• Either of keyboard or mobile can be used, according to convenience.
    • Swipe typing and voice typing are not allowed.
    • Since this is purely meant for fun and improvement not as an examination, hence one take it multiple times without any issues, to clock higher values.
    • Any other rules which you feel to be added.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Usually when I want to post a screen shot, I have to add it to my album lol. I'm not sure how to do it without that.

I'm on a Chromebook so when I capture a screen shot, it automatically saves onto my computer.

Then I upload it through this button. I drew a small arrow and circle for you.

The flow of WPM; let's play  ✍️✍️✍️

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today

Stumbled a little on something like a semi-colon, inserting an extra word in, or trying to fix a double mistake (like meaning to type " a" and typing "a " instead). Pretty close to the expected amount, though.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm usually more like 110-120 but with lower accuracy in real life where I value getting words out and fixing in post rather than being accurate all the way through... but mistakes give me anxiety in these tests and I always fix them. I also suspect they're more for people learning where all the keys are because if you make a typo and try to keep typing sometimes it just hard stops you and counts the whole thing wrong and won't let you proceed to further words because you didn't carefully backspace and fix it, wasting even more of your precious minute. 😭

That said, I think https://monkeytype.com is my favourite typing test and I just got 108 wpm with 96% accuracy on that and it's in part because it doesn't throw hardballs like uncommon words, punctuation, numbers, etc. :P I think more complex or unfamiliar subjects will slow you down compared to when your words are flowing from your own mind in a forum post or in a chat room because you're slowing down to take more care with words your fingers don't have muscle memory for. But the monkey test just feels more natural to me so I do better, idk.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    typing test.jpg

Not surprised. Like Cherrim, I can get faster (one test had me at 80+ words), but that's when I'm writing what I want to write compared to something prewritten that I have to copy over. Also I have autocorrect on for most of the words that I tend to typo, so I don't have to go back and fix much.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I got 40 wpm/98% accuracy. Never was a terribly fast typer and I never bothered to learn how to touch type like a lot of people have

Years

I don't consider myself a good typer. A lot of the time I mess up typing by hitting between two keys lol

Back