• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Game Awards 2023

Years

• Are you all excited for this years The Game Awards? What are you hoping to see win and hoping to see in general?

The official livestream for The Game Awards 2023 begins with a 30-minute pre-show at 4:30 PM PT / 7:30 PM ET, followed by the main show at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Not particularly excited. Played only two of the games (Tears of the Kingdom and Fire Emblem Engage). Heard of only a handful of people nominated.

Hopes to see Baldur's Gate 3 do well, regardless. Enjoyed the series in the past. Was not originally developed by the same company, sure. Does not care.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I only watch for the reveals and even those tend to be stuff that I don't honestly care about. I'll be lucky to get even one reveal that I care about and I'm starting to expect not even that is going to happen. Also no, I don't count DLC reveals like for FF16 or whatever.

There's your answer.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think the only time I ever watched one of these was... last year, I guess? When they were giving away one Steam Deck per minute. I don't really put much stock in awards shows in general, but especially not video game ones, so I probably won't watch this one. I think I did vote for a few categories though.

Years
  • Yeah, I don't see myself paying much attention to this at all, let alone actually watching it. I expect BG3 will clean up though (and rightfully so).

Days
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I haven't play much this year either, only Tears of the Kingdom, and while it doesn't feel like BoTW, I'd say it does have a lot of content plus like, bro, that's a Switch we're running it on...

Those abilities and how well they interact with their environment is beyond me!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Doubt I will watch it - time zones and it being a work day being one of the main factors there. Maybe some highlight clips if something noteworthy happens.

Days
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Considering it'll be broadcasting at 12:30am my time, I won't be watching it. I think even if it was airing at a reasonable time I'd give it a miss, because I'm not a huge fan of what amounts to a glorified popularity contest. The new game reveals can be interesting, but ultimately this is yet another attempt by mainstream media to push objectivity onto something that is wholly subjective in some effort to stay relevant, and more excuses for various corners of the internet to get angry that [insert game here] did/didn't win [insert category here]. I used to revel in it, but these days I just find the whole thing exhausting. I daresay I'll have my Twitter feed and every gaming news website I follow highlighting the results for the rest of the year anyway.

I have to admit that I am very interested to see how things will fall this year though, because usually there are one or two very clear "winners" for each category, and 2023 has been a year of one hit after another after another.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I don't pay much attention to what big popular games release unless they're part of a series I'm already a fan of (Pikmin 4 and Tears of the Kingdom) this year, but I'll still enjoy watching the game awards because I think it's just a nice tradition to have. I'm hoping to get some friends for a watch party.

I'm glad Sea of Stars got any kind of nomination, because I think it was a fantastic game that more people should be talking about! I played through all of it last month and I could really tell how much the people behind it loved it and wanted to make it something great. It's one of the best things I've played all year.

Days
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Baldur's Gate 3 won! Huge congrats to the team :)
    (Kinda wished ToTK would have won but they deserved it better!)

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Cyberpunk 2077 winning, much less being nominated for, "Best Ongoing Game", still brings me no shortage of amusement. Admittedly I did like the game at launch and it's definitely stellar now, but it's still...amusing, for want of a better word.

Masayoshi Soken winning Best Composer is pure bliss.

The Monster Hunter Wilds announcement probably saved a few people from going crazy. Some people in the fandom were getting borderline withdrawal symptoms waiting for any news on the future of MH!

Years
  • I didn't watch the event live, but I'll watch bits from it today. I already saw the winner and I'm not surprised. I'm looking forward playing it myself.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • The Game Awards 2023

SEA OF STARS AND PIKMIN 4 WON AWARDS!! That was definitely the big thing for me.
    I'm overall happy with who won what awards, but I'm really surprised best ongoing game didn't go to Genshin or Fortnite. I figured those games had too massive of communities backing them to ever lose.

Some of the announcements were cool, like Monster Hunter Wilds (which I sadly missed during my one bathroom break) and I'm very interested in what will become of Kemuri, but it did feel like a lot of the time I was sorta just left wondering what was going on.
    I just think it's neat for games to be made more visible by more people, and even though I'd literally never heard of games like Alan Wake 2 or Forza Motorsport I'm not gonna go around complaining that something I like didn't win. So basically yeah I'm satisfied and had a good time. Memes were good too. Seeing flute guy again and the memes about Matan Even were really neat.

Back