• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on the eclipse?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
"Why is the sky dark".

*goes outside and looks at the sun*.

Oh yeah, glasses. Which I didn't have. So I went straight back in.

I still caught a bright flash in my eyes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Not much. Did not have the glasses to observe it safely. Worried about potential eye damage trying some other method. Looked outside to see how dark it became. Expected more darkness than what actually happened.

Years
It was stunning, and not something that will be visible to me every day, so I am glad I witnessed it. I had my NASA-approved solar eclipse glasses ready to go.

Since we don't normally stare at the sun I was impressed just by the colors I was seeing, it was like a padparadscha. It dawned on me in that moment that I had never really absorbed just how beautiful our sun itself is before. Then the cresent shape the sun appeared to take as it eclipsed made me feel like I was on another world. It was powerful, but in a really peaceful way, everything was nice and quiet-- I couldn't even hear a bird chirp.

I had a partial eclipse, so it wasn't the full black disc in the sky and dark environment that others experienced who were in the path of totality may have seen, but I still could see the shadow of the moon, and notice my surroundings dimmed, and that was an awesome experience too.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen today
It was fun. We all took a break at work and stood around outside, sharing some eclipse glasses some folks brought, talking about the eclipse and the last eclipse and saying science stuff that was all probably wrong, lol. I went inside just after the peak and relieved some folks from answering the phones, etc., so they could enjoy it, too. Nice bonding moment, interesting phenomenon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I took a special trip to see my brother because he lives in the path of totality (near the city where we grew up). AND OF BLEEPING COURSE IT WAS CLOUDY THAT DAY. Note to self: Do not return to my hometown for anything that requires clear skies and decent weather. I spent 18 years growing up in that cesspool, I should have known better.

I still went outside to see everything go dark and them back to overcast again, along with a few of the people who live in my brother's apartment. My brother himself didn't even go outside. I don't think he gave a damn, lol.

At least I got to see the 2017 one in all its glory. I would've liked to capture this one with my nice new camera but it is what it is.

Back