• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-Throw it down-Basketball Fan Club

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
    THROW IT DOWN BASKETBALL FAN CLUB
    View attachment 71143

BASKETBALL is a great team sport which is one of many aspects that makes it one of the most popular sport around the world. This club will encompass NBA, and college basketball respectfully. From playoff time to match madness in college this is place to be get your basketball fix and add to debates on your favorite sport!

NBA- right now were just after all star break and teams are making that playoff push, who will get in and who will miss out in the highly contested western conference? Is there any competition in the east outside of Miami and Indiana? Who will claim the MVP? Lebron James or Kevin Durant?

NCAA- closing in on march madness and conference tournaments! The best time of the year baby! Will one of the phenomenal freshman lead their teams to the promise land?
    Club Topics:

Members List
    Candy cane forest elf

Top ten player rankings:

Clubs Rules:
    Follow all PC rules
    Stay on topic only basketball related conversations
    Be respectful
    Have fun!

View attachment 71143

Last edited:
    Years
    This is objectively the best sport in the world in my opinion. Joining right up.

What are you teams in each? I know mine. In the NBA, it's the TIMBAHWAHLVES (Timberwolves). In the NCAA, it's the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Maybe officially open this up to non-NBA/non-NCAA basketball, too? The title implies as such, and while the international game isn't as free-form as the stuff in the NBA, it's still great fundamental basketball among the best teams. Besides, we might have some fans of non-NBA leagues who want to join us.

Also, the And1 streetball circuit if that's still around and if anyone follows that (I don't, as it was always hard to find on TV and is mostly circus tricks that I can find in abundance in the NBA nowadays).

Anyway, back to the NBA, I want to see Indiana vs. OKC, but we'll probably see MIA vs. OKC or MIA vs. SA. Indiana could definitely knock off Miami, though. They've clearly been prepping for it. I don't think we'll see Memphis in with the way Dallas has been playing of late, but if they do slip ahead of Dallas, they'll be very dangerous for OKC. Minnesota is too far back to make a serious charge and would need to catch fire RIGHT NOW to even make it, most likely. Looking at the east, I'm surprised at just how far down the standings Atlanta has fallen. It's crazy. They were the number 3 seed barely even a month and a half ago. Now they're the 8 seed and barely ahead of Cleveland for it.

In the NCAA, I quite frankly think the Big Ten should only send 5 teams, and I would not be surprised if Nebraska is passed up despite reaching 9 wins in the conference since "lol Nebrasketball". But the surprising RPI ratings of several mid and lower-tier Big Ten also makes me think even the worse teams could sneak in with 8-10 conference records or even 7-11 records, despite how undeserving they would be.

As for MVP, I think KD wins it this year since Miami just seems to be coasting this season.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
    Hey welcome I like the boston celtics and the Georgetown hoyas

This can be open for any basketball, and 1 died years ago.. Lol but I see Durant winning too as Lon him and Westbrook can co exist and make it work. Is like to see heat vs thunder in the finals and is predict the thunder to win.

Last edited:
    Years
    Given how Westbrook played the other night, I think they may be just fine this postseason.

I wan the Thunder to win to prevent a three-peat by the Heat. I think if the Heat get there, though, they'll 3-peat in 6 or 7 games, unless they struggled to get through all the earlier rounds. If Indiana is the team out of the East, though, I think the West champ wins the finals in 6.

Also, my Wolves won 132-128 against Denver last night to go to 30-29 on the season. It feels odd to be over .500 this late in the season. Probably the first time we've been this good in 10 years, which is sad.

Back