• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Trade Request] Will write 4 Fakémon Art

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
(While I'm not that desperate, I do am willing to trade!)

So, hello there, this is Venia Silente your friendly neighbour from the writers' section and I'm here for an interest check. Writing is something that I (hopefully) do well, but more visual art on the other hand is oh so much not my thing. So I was wondering, if I have a written design, would someone draw it for me?

I have a Fakémon design, that is, I have most aspects of its biology and morphology, what it looks like -- but not what it looks like-like. It's partially inspired on African birds. I'd be highly interested to see if one of the artists in PokéCommunity's Art Studio would like to venture their own visual rendering of.

In exchange I'd like to offer to write something. Maybe a ficlet with one of your OCs? A written depiction of a story image? Moreover, these designs are still in development, so if your interpretation of it has unique elements or a unique spin to it, I'd certainly like to make it canon as well. Of course, your work will be credited accordingly. And since it's among the first Fakémon I want to debut, it'd be interesting to make it known that one of my first Fakémon got some help from PokéCommunity.

So, if there is someone interested, I'd like to try and work together.

Years
Would you prefer for me to give more information here? Also, assuming I'm looking for something like a basic flat colour rendering, loosely what kind of writing are you hoping for in exchange?

I haven't decided yet actually, but you can give me the info either here or in DM. I can't promise you'll be happy with the end result, might not be a bad idea to leave this open to other artists still either way.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
hi~
If you still need help, I'd love to help with fakemon art/sprites for writing.
here's my DeviantArt gallery. I don't really draw pokemon art, but you can see my pixel art / monster design folders.
I've had the plot for my game ready, but then I decided to change the time frame to prehistoric.. so I have to start from scratch. would appreciate any ideas. I'm no writer and only had something basic, so almost anything would be better.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
hey! if this opportunity is still available id love to design a few fakemon in return for getting a good bio/description written for my oc's! im terribly bad with words lol

my deviantart is here with most of my fakemon designs: https://www.deviantart.com/tsunfished

Venia Silente

Years
hi~
If you still need help, I'd love to help with fakemon art/sprites for writing.
here's my DeviantArt gallery. I don't really draw pokemon art, but you can see my pixel art / monster design folders.

hey! if this opportunity is still available id love to design a few fakemon in return for getting a good bio/description written for my oc's! im terribly bad with words lol

my deviantart is here with most of my fakemon designs: https://www.deviantart.com/tsunfished

I'd have to tidy up some of the other designs I have on the working desk to see if any of you want to give them a try, so I'll have a more definitive answer during this weekend. Failing that you could take a second opinion kind of jab at the two designs that are being worked on so far. In any event, I'll have you two an answer hopefully by Saturday. Thanks for offering!

Thanks for the design! As we have discussed over DMs, I'll be taking a look at getting more up to speed on your story (it has a Nido, it won't be difficult ^_^) so I can get you an outline for you to review. I can start working up from there.

As for the design you worked on: Its name is Teroraga. It is, at this current stage in design, a Grass (or Grass/Ground) fossil Pokémon representative of what could be a potential Madagascar / South Africa inspired Pokémon region. The little birb is the first evolutive morph, is based on wading birds like the African Jacana, and its notable characteristic is that they have special hollow quills where they deposit seeds, ferns and moss so they can grow them in their feathers and extract some of their properties such as poison or paralysis; hence they have a greenish plumage.

This would be my second published Fakémon, and the first one that is designed in collaboration with the PokéCommunity... well, community!

I'll be working on your outline while you take a garner at the evolved stage.

Venia Silente

Years
Hi~
[...]
so I have to start from scratch. would appreciate any ideas. I'm no writer and only had something basic, so almost anything would be better.

I'm sorry to say that I'm already covered up for the concept of mine that fits "prehistoric" but I can still look around my idea bin for a concept to send for you if you still want to a trade. It's a mandragora-like Pokémon. Could you send me details on your storyline and concept in the meantime, as well as an idea of hat kind of writing are you looking for?

Sorry for the lateness. Send me over PM a description of your OCs as well as what kind of writing / bio are you looking for. I'd like to revise these alongside you as I work on them.

As for the concept I'd like to trade for, I have a feline mon concept that could use some visualization. I'll send you the general details soon after New Year's if that's OK.

Forgot to post it but I finished the evo also

That's Trooibossa, thanks for the work! I can say that Teroraga and Trooibossa are the first Fakémon concept that I realized, and it's totally not inspired by Monster Hunter raptors I swear (and you'll never find evidence to the contrary!). And thanks to PokéCommunity, it's the second design of mine to get visualization.

I'm writing up what could be a sort of Pokédex article on the species so I can feature your artwork, fully credited. It's not gonna take long since I had most of it ready by end of October, but as I mentioned in the opening post I'd like to make sure that elements of your interpretation that I feel enhance or fix the concept make it in, and to adapt accordingly.

And yes, I'm catching up on Nidos, so I hope to have some sort of outline by the 29th or 30th.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'm willing to help design some OC's. What in particular are you looking for anything besides the African bird designs?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
I'm sorry to say that I'm already covered up for the concept of mine that fits "prehistoric" but I can still look around my idea bin for a concept to send for you if you still want to a trade. It's a mandragora-like Pokémon. Could you send me details on your storyline and concept in the meantime, as well as an idea of hat kind of writing are you looking for?
there isn't much, I'll write it here. I need a story frame, a basic plot that fits the game's era and theme.
the period is stone age, the theme is freedom vs bounds, and there are pokemon-like monsters. people are divided into tribes- each with their own beliefs & a guardian monster. they are bound by traditions and superstitions.
the main character is a teenager that goes on a quest, it's a ritual before getting accepted into a tribe. people control monsters by bounding them to amulets. when they win a hard fight, a special energy is released, and they "ascend" into a heaven-like world. this is where the monsters originated from- it's a world of spirits and they can only stay there so long. one of the guardians is a former leader which was banished from that world by his enemy, and many spirits followed him into this world, where they gained a physical form. so all monsters are his followers or their children, and obey his every order. being a tribe guardian, he has a tribe that worships him. he's against people training monsters, and sends his people to fight trainers and take their amulets (using nearby wild monsters), in order to release them. the player fights his people and shows him that people and monsters need each other. the player's tribe guardian was trapped by another tribe, and as part of the quest he searches for him too, learning that he was abused and ended up taking over the tribe and killing people. the player captures him and slowly makes him trust humans again. the two talk to the other guardian and convince him. he goes back to the spirit world and regains control there, and since other monsters can't go with him (and won't leave their human friends), he promises to return for their soul when they die, becoming a grim-reaper of sorts, that appears when monsters are dying. I want the player to be able to hear monster's thought, but maybe it's too cliché..

do you have concept art for the pokemon you want me to draw? I'll need a description, or any info you can give.

Last edited:
Back