• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Trickori's Colored Pencil Pokemon

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
    Years
    Hello all!

So below are some examples of recent pokemon-related colored pencil pieces I've done. More to come soon if I can actually find the time :/. Let me know what you think.

Reshiram Nouveau
    Spoiler:

Mama Zoroark's Hidden Grotto
    Spoiler:

Zweilus: Make it a Double!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    ..Oh my. Can I just say, I am totally in love with all the art being posted here lately. Like seriously, this is the best month A&D has ever had in terms of activity and quality of art.

Okay, Trickori, it's obvious you know what you're doing when it comes to pen and paper. That much is clear lol. But what stands out to me most isn't your impeccable line work, or shading, or the detail you've managed to add; but your extremely distinct style. You draw Pokemon in a way that I don't believe I've ever seen before. They're all so beautifully embellished and drawn with such grace that even images like your silly Zweilus come off as the epitome of artistic elegance.

It's stunning work, really. I can tell your Pokemon are illustrated with such care and with such a delicate hand, so every line makes a statement. I love that in art.

Be aware of your human anatomy should you add them to another piece. Right now, your Pokemon are so strong but your humans leave a bit to be desired (specifically your N and the way his face is drawn). It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but when compared to your Pokemon your weaknesses become more apparent. If needed, use references to make sure your faces are even and anatomically correct, because I promise a well drawn human in your art will undeniably benefit from it. Just go slow, be mindful, and make sure all that raw emotion still gets across. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll excel~!

I wish you the best! Please keep drawing and please keep posting. I see good things coming from you! :)

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
    Years
    @Fairy -- thank you very much for the comment. And yes, you're right on the money with the human figures. I'm not that great with them in the anime style, ESPECIALLY in the pokemon style specifically. I desperately want to do an art nouveau N but I'm practicing more before I attempt that...because N = love. *_*;;.

I've been side-tracked lately art wise, but here is a little somethin-somethin

Kurokawa: The Shiny Smash Greninja

Spoiler:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Your latest addition looks fantastic! I've been in love with the Shiny Smash Greninja since I first picked up SSB4DS and you captured it's essence perfectly! The anatomy on this one is good, however the raised knee looks a tad weird. Nonetheless it's a fantastic piece of work, much like your original three. Something about the way you do your colour and the intensity of the lines just compliments each other so well.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    @Fairy -- thank you very much for the comment. And yes, you're right on the money with the human figures. I'm not that great with them in the anime style, ESPECIALLY in the pokemon style specifically. I desperately want to do an art nouveau N but I'm practicing more before I attempt that...because N = love. *_*;;.

No problem! Whatever it is that's in those of us with the urge to create, you've got it in spades, and it's important to nurture that talent. Just keep working on your weaknesses, keep practicing, and keep loving what you do. Anatomy, or shading, or line work, or anything like that will come to you, as it does with us all, along the path to becoming a better artist. :)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    @Fairy -- thank you very much for the comment. And yes, you're right on the money with the human figures. I'm not that great with them in the anime style, ESPECIALLY in the pokemon style specifically.

This right here makes me curious to see some other styles that you do, though I must say I love the vibrant and lively style that you do have! It's so unique, blending cutesier anime with the curly flowiness of Art Nouveau, and it just has an energy to it. I love your varied line weights, and you seem to have a good intuition about where to put the thicks and thins. I will agree with Fairy on the anatomy, and add that on the hindlimbs of some of the Pokemon, particularly Zoroark and a bit with Reshiram, it seems to go straight from thigh to foot without much or any of a shin/calf to speak of. Since most Pokemon are based on animal forms, you definitely need to observe animals in addition to the human anatomy mentioned earlier. All that said, this is fantastic stuff! Keep it up! Swirlies! :D

Back