• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] v19.1 Check if Player has Specific Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2023
    So I've tried the one that is "pbHasSpecies" and I've also tried the one that has "$player.has_species?" and neither of them work.

I keep getting the errors of invalid name or No method.

I'm just trying to check if the player has a Pikachu on them.
    I'm not sure what do next and I can't find the non-depreciated version of the script I'm supposed to call.
    Help?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2023
    So I found the answer and I'm posting here if anyone is using v19.1 that neither pbHasSpecies or $player.has_species? works.
    This is inbetween those two and the answer can be found in the Player's default house.

It's $Trainer.has_species?(:POKEMONNAME)

Its a little weird how many different answers I kept on finding but one led me to look into the player's house and I found it so there ya go!
    Hopefully this helps someone with the same issue of being in-between depreciated methods.

Back