• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Video Games Trivia

Years

• VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    XRD III 412.18 DAYS EDITION

What is Video Games Trivia?

What is the Get-Together without VG Trivia? A miserable little pile of events. Your mission, should you wish to accept it, is to simply answer as many questions correct as possible. Each day I will be posting a series of video game questions, ranging across all sorts of topics and challenges and alternating between trivia rounds and music rounds. These will run up to the 22nd October, to give me time to close off the event on the last day of the Get-Together. The event it split into VG Trivia and VGM Trivia, with the following points breakdown:

VG Trivia 1st Place - 150 Points
    VG Trivia 2nd Place - 100 Points
    VGM Trivia 1st Place - 150 Points
    VGM Trivia 2nd Place - 75 Points

This has been done so that if a team comes 2nd in one event, they can still clutch the victory by winning in the second event!

Let's get down to business

Throughout the event, to try and create clear leads etc. for teams, there will be an internal scoreboard. Each question correctly answered will net you 5 points, with a full set giving you a bonus 5 points. In the event of a tiebreaker, the winning team will receive a further bonus 5 points.

Each day will start at around 19:00 EDT, depending on my schedule. Anything submitted after 19:00 will not be counted, it is on you to manage your timezones, not me.

If you wish to get updates on the event (answers, etc.) then you will need to be on our PokéCommunity Discord Server. Once there, you will need to assign yourself the @VGTrivia role (by simply typing /role add vgtrivia in either #gt-general or your team chat) and then you'll never miss another update again!

This event will be hosted mainly on the Discord server, so it would be advised if you could join there and join in the chat with your teammates, submitting a set of answers as a team to me via Discord (Arcaneum#0823). However if you are adverse to this, you are more than welcome to contact myself here via DM and I will use your answers to pad out any gaps that the Discord people do not get.

TEAMS WILL ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO ANSWER!

It's time to mix it up this year...

There are going to be some twists in this year's event! Firstly, this is the first year that the VG Trivia and VGM Trivia events are going to be combined! All the madness is under one roof and therefore each day I will be alternating between Trivia and VGM Trivia. I will also be deciding tiebreakers in a different way - there will be no bonus questions this time around.

The Trivia Masterclass feature will not be making an appearance this year. It was somewhat difficult to organise three people in a team and such, instead I will be featuring one of two events:

- A "live quiz", where it will be a fastest finger first scenario between two teams, with only seconds for each question.
    - A round of everyone versus me as the Quizmaster, where you are trying to tailor your own quiz to stump me. Points are scored on how creatively you can stump me (i.e. not just making stupid questions that are impossible to know the answers too).

I will also be trying to duplicate games less where possible. This doesn't mean I won't be using the same SERIES and such, but for example I will try to avoid using 3 FF9 questions when I could ask a question about FF1, FF4 and FF11 for example. That said, I will include a list of genres and some series for people to expect, as I will bias towards some areas naturally as I mostly make this from the knowledge that I have. That said, the genres and such are:

GENRES
    Spoiler:

SERIES
    Spoiler:

Finally...

A few closing notes - in the spirit of the competition, please try not to look up the answers! Use existing knowledge to answer these questions - there's a wide range of games, eras and genres mentioned so that there's something for everyone. If you have any questions at all regarding how the event is run, don't hesitate to post it here or message me.

The event itself is of course competitive, but the setup is made so co-operating will net you better results, so make sure to liaise with your team regularly, to have a better chance of winning!

And most importantly...kick back, relax, get your game on and have fun!

LEADERBOARD

Arqueros - 512.5/900 Points
    Guerreros - 550/900 Points

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY ONE: 72,000,000 HOURS REMAIN

I did get that right, didn't I? Thought so, all this gaming brainpower is just leaking out clearly!

Welcome to Video Games Trivia, I'm your host Count Dracularc and I hope you're ready for two weeks of mind-churning as we delve into the deepest, darkest recesses of the video game universe!

But first, we'll have a nice general trivia run - think of it as the tutorial level to get you into the groove before things get a little wild. Without further adieu, here are your questions for the day! Answers are to be sent to me via Discord (Arcaneum#0823) or if you're a forum-only member, DMs here are fine. Remember, it's one entry ONLY!

Round 1

1. In Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, an Animality is where your character turns into an animal at the end of the round, brutalising your opponent to death. What creature does Sindel turn into when performing their Animality?
    2. In Resident Evil 4, how many blades does The Giant Chainsaw Man's chainsaw have?
    3. In the Gears of War series, how many Carmines are in the Carmine family?
    4. In Terraria, what is the name of the ore that is the equivalent of Titanium?
    5. In Monster Hunter Rise you have three animal companions: A Palico, a Cohoot and a ????
    6. In Diablo 2, what is Mephisto's title (or rank, as it were)?
    7. In Street Fighter III: Third Strike, which direction do you tap to parry a low attack?
    8. In Gran Turismo 2, what letter is the highest Licence you can obtain?
    9. In Counter Strike: Source, what is the name of the game mode where you start off with low tier weapons and progress to better guns by getting kills/kill streaks? (This is where you go up a specific list of guns based on kills, not like the normal mode where technically yes you start with lower weapons due to no money and get better ones as you get kills due to making money)
    10. In Tombi/Tomba, what animals were the bad guys based on?

Round 1 Answers

1. Giant Hornet
    2. Two
    3. Seven
    4. Adamantite
    5. Palamute
    6. Lord of Hatred
    7. Down
    8. S
    9. Arms Race
    10. Pigs

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY TWO: AN INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC

Today we kick off our first VGM round. Simply - identify the music clips below, specifying which game they come from!

This round's theme is all about introductions - whether that's title screens, login screens, tutorial levels or opening movies, these all fit under one of those criteria! As usual, send answers to me within 24 hours, which will be 8:30pm EDT.

Here are the song clips below!

Song 1 - League of Legends

Song 2 - Dead Space

Song 3 - Dragon Quest XI

Song 4 - Final Fantasy XIV

Song 5 - Mario Strikers Charged

Song 6 - Metal Gear Solid

Song 7 - Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

Song 8 - Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure

Song 9 - Silver Surfer

Song 10 - Tales of Graces F

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY THREE: A DATE WITH THE DEVILS

For today's round I thought we'd pay some respect to the villains within the video game universe. You know, those characters that always get beat up, never win, are constantly disliked and such? Yeah those. What if I said they were maybe just looking for a little love, some companionship, someone to dominate the world with together?

Look no further - we have some dating bios as it were for some well-known villains in games, of course you don't know who they belong to so that's up to you to figure out (including the character and game they are from, if they're in multiple then any game with them in is fine)! Think of it like a blind date! Here are your bios below:

Round 3

1. On a horse of ass and diamonds, he'll whisk you away and treat you like his Angel, making sure you're kept securely away from any wrongdoers.
    2. With all the power in the world and the world in the palm of his hand, this psycho will be sure to crush your heart <3.
    3. Cleansing you of all sin, will this wild-haired priest have what it takes to summon the wickedness and pain out of your soul?
    4. This bad... er... entity has been waiting for 65 million years just for you! They've been to all ends of the universe for you - no really, they've literally been eating up planets and even time-space just to find its One True Love.
    5. He's got a palace FULL of women and yet he only has his eyes on you; he's got his hands on the ultimate piece of power and he's even defied deities with it, just to win you over.
    6. Oh this one's REALLY shy and even more shy when you're around! He can't help but hide away from you even in the same room, only revealing himself when he wants to get up close and personal.
    7. First she's just a woman looking for love, then she's a lost soul - like a Ghost - wandering the plains of war, then she becomes a queen. And yet her heart is still aching, will you be able to fight through the Brood to meet your queen?
    8. This French assassin is on a solo mission and that mission is to find her soulmate. She's very picky and will settle for nothing less than a perfect 10, but once she's got her eyes on target, she will never miss.
    9. Want a stong, powerful person in your life? Look no further than this person who has managed for several hundred years to lead an entire town and captivated millions once in the public eye, whilst keeping some of her darkest secrets kept well away. A bit like a... dragon hoarding her treasure? She's got a little penchant for blood though, so be wary!
    10. This one's got a fiery temper and a wrathful Fury worthy of Hell itself, she's looking for someone worthy of her love. Let it be known that if anyone does wrong to you, she will seek a vengeance so powerful on them that she'll be seeing red!

Submissions will be a little shorter in deadline just to get things back to normal, so it will be 19:00 EDT once more. Please send answers either via DM here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823).

Round 3 Answers

1. Handsome Jack - Borderlands 2
    2. M. Bison/Vega - Street Fighter
    3. Seymour - Final Fantasy X
    4. Lavos - Chrono Trigger
    5. Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    6. Grey Fox/Ninja - Metal Gear Solid
    7. Sarah Kerrigan - Starcraft
    8. Widowmaker - Overwatch
    9. Laday Dimitrescu - Resident Evil Village
    10. Alecto - Hades

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY FOUR: YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

Our second VGM Trivia round starts today. Simply - identify the music clips below, specifying which game they come from!

This round is all about bosses big and small - identify what game the music is in AND the boss it plays for! If the theme plays for multiple bosses, naming any one of them will suffice.

As usual, send answers to me within roughly 24 hours, which will be 7:00pm EDT.

Song 1 - Diddy Kong Racing - All bosses

Song 2 - Sonic the Hedgehog - Dr. Eggman/Robotnik

Song 3 - Hollow Knight - Mantis Lords

Song 4 - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Koloktos/Moldarach

Song 5 - Megaman X2 - Any Maverick

Song 6 - Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 - Olga Flow

Song 7 - NieR Automata - Simone/Beauvoir

Song 8 - Persona 5 - Any Palace boss

Song 9 - Final Fantasy VIII - Ultimecia

Song 10 - Super Metroid - Ridley

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY FIVE: X MARKS THE SPOT

Today's round is the first part of a location-based trivia, where you will see 10 locations and need to determine where they are and what game, or games, they are in. I will need the EXACT NAME of the place please, I will accept nothing else. If it is in multiple games then you need to NAME at least ONE, I will not accept "All the Final Fantasy games" as an answer.

Now let's see where our whistle-stop tour takes us!

Round 5

Click on the images for a larger version

Location 1 - Half-Life 2 - City 17

Location 2 - Stray - Walled City 99 - Midtown

Location 3 - Final Fantasy IX - Chocobo Air Garden

Location 4 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Harv's Island - Photopia

Location 5 - Final Fantasy XIV - Upper La Noscea - Wanderer's Palace

Location 6 - Earthbound - Onett

Location 7 - Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Bruma

Location 8 - Triangle Strategy - Hyzante

Location 9 - MapleStory - Ludibrium - Ludibrium General Store

Location 10 - Banjo Kazooie - Treasure Trove Cove

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY SIX: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

Our third VGM Trivia round starts today. Simply - identify the music clips below, specifying which game they come from!

This round is the second half our locations round - determine the location and the game it is in! I will be awarding bonus points IF you can be more specific! An example would be if the theme was say the G-Rank Hub in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, you could use the following answers:

- MHGU G-Rank Hub
    - MHGU Soaratorium (this is more specific as it names the place exactly)

Feel free to go as exact as you wish! Also, not every answer is going to be like this, so be careful!

Answers to be sent by 7:00pm EDT Friday 14th October.

Song 1 - Monster Hunter Rise - Elgado Outpost

Song 2 - Final Fantasy VII - Cosmo Canyon

Song 3 - Super Mario Sunshine - Gelato Beach

Song 4 - Genshin Impact - Mondstadt - Mondstadt (Night)

Song 5 - Golden Sun - Jupiter Lighthouse

Song 6 - Megaman X - Boomer Kuwanger Stage

Song 7 - Rival Schools - Justice High School - Justice High School Main Gate

Song 8 - Pokémon Pearl/Diamond - Route 228/230 - Route 228-230 (Nighttime)

Song 9 - Stardew Valley - Desert - Calico Desert

Song 10 - Tales of Symphonia - Flanoir

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    BONUS STAGE: DEFEAT THE QUIZMASTER

This is a bonus round in the VG Trivia event to just add something a little new and fun, and for you to exact your revenge on me for twisting your brains so much!

This year, I've decided I miss out on the fun of this event too much and I want to join in, so I am giving myself that opportunity! Your aim is to try and stump me with YOUR video games knowledge, by coming up with your own round of both Video Games Trivia AND Video Game Music Trivia!

The team who manages to create a quiz that I score the FEWEST points in will win the round, all I ask is the following:

- Please stick to a theme where possible. This doesn't have to be one theme for both sets.
    - Please use reasonable questions! Asking me for example the amount of frames used in a guest's walking animation in Rollercoaster Tycoon is not cool, because that's not something that generally you are going to know.
    - Try to keep the brief clear where you can! Trying to make it intentionally vague to catch me out is going to just void the quiz.

You will have until 7:00 EDT Sunday 16th to get them sent over to me - you WILL need to be accessing the Discord server for this, as that's the only place I can set up something for you to be able to discuss.

Here are the questions sent in by our teams, as well as their answers:

Team Arqueros (14/20):
    Spoiler:

My guesses:
    Spoiler:

Answers:
    Spoiler:

Team Guerreros (9/20):
    Spoiler:

My guesses:
    Spoiler:

Answers:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    STAGE SEVEN: UNSCRAMBLING THE BAD EGGS

Today's round is a series of anagrams that are grouped into common themes. You will need to unscramble the anagrams and then tell me what the theme is for each trio. Some themes are harder than others so will earn more bonus points! That said, I will NOT accept any answers that do not have all 3 anagrams solved.

19:00 EDT deadline as normal, here are your anagrams below.

Round 7

1. ANDY RED / NANI OW / HEY TWIN
    2. DOGLEG NUN / MOTH PAN / EIGHT FROWN INK
    3. ARC GENOME / DOOR NAG / OCULAR TALC
    4. ALL RAH / CHEVY KIRK SO / AAH SNIPER
    5. SHADE / ANT BIOS / ARTS INTROS
    6. GLOW HINT / ACES TIC / CO TRIUNE
    7. CROATIA CHAOS / MIAMI MOONSHOT / ISSI KHAKI MI
    8. AIR SURNAME/ ABC ONO / GROG ON
    9. ARIGHT EURO / APPEAR HARP TAPPER / ABATE MAIN
    10. US VIVRE / BEHEST CURLY / AMBER UNREAL

Round 4 Answers

1. Drayden / Winona / Whitney - Gym Leaders in Pokémon
    2. Golden Gun / Phantom / Throwing Knife - Weapons in GoldenEye 007
    3. Geomancer / Dragoon / Calculator - Jobs/Classes in Final Fantasy Tactics
    4. Laharl / Krichevskoy / Seraphina - Overlords in Disgaea
    5. Hades / Bastion / Transistor - Supergiant Games
    6. Night Owl / Ascetic / Neurotic - Traits in Rimworld
    7. Coco Atarashi / Sho Minamimoto / Shiki Misaki - The World Ends With You Characters
    8. Sarumarine / Bacoon / Gorgon - Bosses in Lylatwars
    9. Guitar Hero / Parappa the Rapper / Beatmania - Rhythm Games
    10. Survive / Cyber Sleuth / Rumble Arena - Digimon Games

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY EIGHT: GUNNA NEED TO SEE YOUR ID, PLEASE...

Our fourth VGM Trivia round starts today. Simply - identify the music clips below, specifying which game they come from!

Our characters in this round are being asked for ID and need you to help them out. Who's theme is playing and what game is the theme from? If the theme is from multiple games, then pick one!

Answers to be sent by 7:00pm EDT Sunday 16th October.

Song 1 - Kazuma Asougi - The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Song 2 - Dark Pit - Kid Icarus Rising

Song 3 - Flonne - Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Song 4 - Rouge the Bat - Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Song 5 - Kairi - Kingdom Hearts

Song 6 - Nathan Drake/Nate - Uncharted (Any game)

Song 7 - Paula - Earthbound

Song 8 - Professor Layton - Professor Layton & The Curious Village

Song 9 - I-no - Guilty Gear Strive

Song 10 - Adon - Street Fighter Alpha 2

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    MIDWEEK MADNESS

Hi all!

Just a quick one to say that as we're at the halfway point of the Get-Together (and therefore into the quieter part for me), I'm going to be updating the Leaderboard for everything so far and updating it daily moving forward and I will also be adding the answers to every round as I'm aware I've been neglecting the forum-side a little, sorry about that!

Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY NINE: PICK YOUR POISON

Today's round is all about picking a weapon from the arsenal below. Make sure to identify the weapon and the game (or games) it is from. If you can also identify who, or what, wields it then you get an extra point! I'm opening the armoury doors now...

1. Apocalypse - FFVII - Cloud Strife

Video Games Trivia

2. Alucard Shield - Alucard - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Video Games Trivia

3. C.A.P.P.E.R - Team Fortress 2 - Scout OR Engineer

Video Games Trivia

4. Giant Fairy Sword - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Link

Video Games Trivia

5. Blazer Edge Abyssion - Tales of Vesperia - Yuri Lowell

Video Games Trivia

6. Farsight XR-20 - Perfect Dark - Elvis (technically everyone CAN but this is the canonical character that has it)

7. Blades of Chaos - God of War - Kratos

8. FINGER - Resident Evil 3 Remake - Jill Valentine

Video Games Trivia

9. Dan's Arm - Medievil - Sir Daniel Fortesque

10. Hand Cannon - Dead Space 2 - Isaac Clarke

Video Games Trivia

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY TEN: HOW INDIE-CENT OF YOU!

Our fifth VGM Trivia round starts today. Simply - identify the music clips below, specifying which game they come from!

It's allllll about them indie games today - AAA titles, get in the bin! Simply identify the game in which the songs are used. However, it seems one sneaky non-indie game has manage to find its way into the list - find it for a bonus 5 points!

Answers to be sent by 7:00pm EDT Tuesday 18th October.

Song 1 - Risk of Rain

Song 2 - Enter the Gungeon

Song 3 - FEZ

Song 4 - Hades

Song 5 - Hotline Miami 2

Song 6 - Wipeout - This was the non-indie game!

Song 7 - Poppy Playtime

Song 8 - Fall Guys

Song 9 - Super Meat Boy

Song 10 - Tunic

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY ELEVEN: TO COIN A PHRASE

This round is all about quick quips, wily remarks and witty punchlines! You'll be presented 10 catchphrases/famous remarks made in gaming, I need you to tell me who says it (if applicable, if it's just a narrator then I will happily accept that as an answer, also same as always if more than one person says it, naming any one of those people will be fine) and what game they say it in! As usual, it's 24 hours to submit the answers, with a deadline of 19:00/7:00pm EDT Wednesday 19th October.

Also a quick one - realised I've been scoring incorrectly so I've updated that now in terms of totals etc. Sorry! Here are your catchphrases:

1. Dracula - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Video Games Trivia

2. "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US." - CATS - Zero Wing (I will accept CATS for this one as I'm aware that the actual name, John Climen, is hyper obscure)

3. - Any Guard NPC - Skyrim

Video Games Trivia
    - Peppy Hare - Star Fox 64

5. "OBJECTION!" - Basically any character - Ace Attorney series

6. - Leon Kennedy - Resident Evil 4

Video Games Trivia
    - Toad - Super Mario Bros.

8. - Narrator - Mortal Kombat

9. - Narrator - Unreal Tournament

10. "It's Roman. Let's go bowling!" - Roman Bellic - Grand Theft Auto IV

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAY TWELVE: ARCANEUM EXTRAVAGANZA

Our twelfth round today is one mostly of observation - have you been paying attention to what I rave about, this event and much more?

This round's theme is all about games I LOVE playing - I only need the games, however any additoinal info will score bonus points! As usual, send answers to me within 24 hours, which will be 19:00/7:00pm EDT.

Song 1 - Super/Ultra Street Fighter 4 - This is the theme for Guile

Song 2 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - This is played after you have completed a map

Song 3 - Lost Kingdoms - This is played during any normal battle

Song 4 - The Sims 1 - This is one of the tracks that plays when in Build Mode

Song 5 - Final Fantasy IX - This is the song that plays in the Ice Cavern

Song 6 - Backpack Hero - This is the song that plays as the intro for the game

Song 7 - Disgaea 2 - This song plays when you are in the Item World

Song 8 - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - This is the song Medli's Awakening

Song 9 - Peglin - This is played during a normal fight in the Castle level

Song 10 - Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl - This is the song played at the Elite Four during the night

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    DAYS THIRTEEN AND FOURTEEN: THE FINAL SHOWDOWN

So we've hit the back end of Video Games Trivia this year and well... you didn't think it would be that easy, did you? Face perhaps some of the toughest parts of the gauntlet yet, what's a video game event if we don't have a final boss and the ending credits, right?! That's right, we've got both the end rounds starting today and they are based around Final Bosses and Endings. We've got some trivia based on final bosses in video games and then our VGM round are all endings/credits of games.

For the trivia, I just need the answers to the questions, no bonus points etc. The VGM round I will also only need the name of the game it plays in. Simple, but I think that's because there are some toughies in there!

As it's two rounds in one, there will be a little more in terms of time to complete these. You'll have until 7:00pm/19:00 EDT Saturday 22nd October. For reference, that's just over 36 hours from now.

I'd like to thank everyone for taking part in this year's Video Games Trivia and I apologise that the latter half became a little lacking in terms of effort and difficulty, but I hope that nevertheless you have enjoyed it! Without further adieu, here is your final boss gauntlet, good luck gamers!

Finale Trivia

Spoiler:

VGM Endings Trivia

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA
    THE END
    So that's all 14 rounds completed and the Video Games Trivia event at a close!

I would just like to thank everyone for participating, as always it's a been a blast doing this for you all and I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have! Please make sure to leave any feedback either here, in my messages or in our upcoming feedback thread!

Now for the important part - who wins?????????

Well, with a winning score of 665 points over the losing teams 592.5 points and a breakdown of VGM - 290 Arqueros to 315 Guerreros / Trivia - 307.5 Arqueros to 350 Guerreros...

TEAM GUERREROS WIN!

Congratulations team, I know you had some real hard rounds so it's great to see that you've managed to persevere! Arqueros, you put up a valiant effort and I think those 0 point rounds really put a dent in your progress, but overall you've all been great sports and I hope you'll join me for more of these trivia events in the future!

Last edited:
    Back