• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Vision of a Doll's House

Years
Hello friends! I Sam. I make dolls. It gives me a little extra income. I have always loved dolls ever since I was a little girl, and now I am sharing a glimpse of my inner world here on the forum. The decorative arts are part of the art world, and I got permission to showcase the toys I custom make here in the Art Studio. I hope you like playing in the toybox.

My speciality is Pullip dolls. They are a Korean ball-jointed fashion doll. Below is a doll I was commissioned to make for a family for Christmas this year. She is a one of a kind doll made from a mocha Pullip Make it Own kit. My theme is a winter angel. She also draws some inspiration for St. Lucia with the candles I placed on her head. I worked in mostly red and gold, and there are also bits of green, all classic Christmas colors. I gave the doll itself a more pronounced faceup than I usually give my girls, with really red lips and a side lashes to her eyes and eyeshadow. I used a combination of chalk pastel, acrylic paint and some of my own makeup straight out of the travel case to give my angel the look she has. It all started with some sparkly gold faux feathers that I bought on Etsy that later became this doll's wings, I took that colorful piece of costume jewelry and designed a doll around it.

I am making this the first doll I showcase here because it was right for the season. I might share more of my work though in time.

Before I started

Spoiler:

After

Spoiler:

Back