• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Week Two: Why couldn't it last forever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
  • This week's event ends tomorrow! Get those posts one, everyone!

Psst, you can post about any anime you didn't want to end, by the way. You don't HAVE to to reply to someone owo Rack in those points!

Years
  • Oh god I forgot about this thread :D.

Anyway lets get to the point. Most manga adaptations I've watched I wished went on more(Deadman Wonderland, Ao no Exorcist, Soul Eater). The problem is that since adaptations are usually advertising platforms for the source material(Be it manga, light novel or visual novel) there isn't that much budget and the source material isn't finished. So we get cheap or not so impressive looking series, with lackluster plot. Deviating from the plot and having a anime original ending, cliffhanger ending or going almost completely anime original(like the 2003 version of Full Metal Alchemist).

Even when/if the source material is finished we won't be getting remakes. It did happen with FMA and HxH but they are really famous series and I've read that the old anime sold well.

I see that Angel Beats has been mentioned, so I won't comment on it. But I know an original anime(by that I mean that it wasn't adapted from an manga, LN or VN). It's called C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. This series took a big hit quality wise due to the low number of episodes(11). The characters and plot weren't fleshed out that well and overall it felt rushed. Also it had a foreshadow-ish ending and yet it we don't have a new season(most likely due to low Blu-ray sales).

I also didn't want Kyoukai no Kanata to end. The art and animation were amazing and it had interesting characters. But yet again was ruined due to rushed story. I thought everything was coming into place and suddenly they threw in too much new info and made watchers ask many questions. It would have been ok if it wasn't the last 2 episodes. Also the last couple of second of the last episodes were pure nonsense and I couldn't sleep due to it's stupidity.
    I do hope the new upcoming movies clears everything up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back