• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What type should I use for my pokemon fan game?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    I'm making a pokemon fan game. It's going to be a fighting game, very similar to street fighter, tekken, or type wild. But to make it different from pokken tournament, I want to make the fighters be of the same type to make it have a theme of some sorts, but still have some variety. My original idea was to go with bug types, but now that I'm contemplating it more, I think there are some other types that would fit a fighting game better. I want to make this game so people can enjoy it. So I want to ask the people I hope will play it someday, what pokemon type do you think would best help make a unique and fun pokemon fighting game? Should I stick with bug, or switch to a different type like fighting or flying? Or even not do a single specific type at all, all opinions welcome.

Years
    • Waltuh
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I mean, if you really want to make an intriguing type operate within a fighting game, my best bet is normal.

Back