• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which sort of deck?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Should I choose?

Heavy Evolution - The object of this deck is to build up bigger monsters than your opponent and use either their huge attack power to take all your prizes/knock out your opponent's last Pokemon, or to use the Pokemon Powers of the evolved Pokemon to either power up your other monsters or to power down your opponent. Blastoise ex is an excellent example. You can use its 80 damage attack to inflict some serious damage on your opponent, or use its power to put lots of energies on other monsters like Milotic.

Speedy Delivery - These decks don't use any Stage 2 Pokemon, but only Stage 1's and Basics to get the job done. Because the evolution lines aren't as long, they get set up faster and thus do more damage early game than late. The object of a Speedy Delivery deck is to either take all your prizes/knock out your opponent's last in-play Pokemon, just like the Heavy Evolution deck. This deck tends to deliver more damage per energy however, and goes faster, so you're looking for the early win. If you can't win early to mid game, chances are you'll be beaten down late game, since these decks really lack depth.

or

Deck Destruction - The goal is to destroy your opponent's deck, or make it so they have no cards left to draw at the beginning of their turn. There's only one real way to do this, and that's to make their attacks worthless, so they can't take all their prizes before they deck themselves. And the only way to do that is to move damage counters, and Slowbro from EX: Fire Red and Leaf Green does just that. By using Mr. Briney's Compassion or Milotic to remove damage counters from Slowbro, you can stall forever, and deck your opponent.

I'm building a deck but I can;t decide! help please!

Mod close this please, I've decided.

Back