• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is Tokyo Mew Mew considered "less girly" than other magical girl anime?

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I remember when I asked 4chan to rank them from least girly to girly, some said Tokyo Mew Mew was more girly than Doremi, but less girly than Sailor Moon, Shugo Chara, and Cardcaptor Sakura. Then I asked if Tokyo Mew Mew is girlier or Sailor Moon and most of them said Sailor Moon. Then I asked if there are any girlier magical girl anime than Tokyo Mew Mew and people listed a lot of them including Mermaid Melody, Precure, and Cardcaptor Sakura

So why is Tokyo Mew Mew considered less "girly" than other magical girl anime on 4chan like Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Mermaid Melody, Precure, and Shugo Chara?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • First of all, why are you asking 4chan? They're mostly trolls? You shouldn't expect a serious answer from them, like seriously.

And, Tokyo Mew Mew is a manga aimed at young girls being superheroes... and the environment. So? I don't know. "Girly" is a very subjective term.

Back