• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you buy the pokemon anime?

Would you buy the anime?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I would definitely buy the DVDs to complete my collection since pokemon has been my all-time favorite since time immemorial.

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • I would definitely purchase the season DVDs as there is always room on the shelf for TV/Anime series. What if the internet goes out for a while? It's always nice to have backups.

Probably would be super expensive if I got them all .-.

pkmin3033

I might...if they would guarantee they'd release all of it, and if it wasn't obscenely overpriced the way all anime is in this country. I'm not paying £20+ for like 12 episodes or something, I expect my money's worth and I don't want them to just suddenly stop releasing DVDs part of the way through. The only thing that annoys me more than an overpriced DVD boxset is an incomplete one. But there's a reason I don't buy anime generally: it's expensive, and the price doesn't justify the content. Splitting up a season into 2 or 3 DVDs is standard practice here and it really, really grinds my gears. Does EA own the rights to the DVD industry or something?

I own most of the movies - and never getting region 2 releases of the 8th and 9th movies bothers me immensely even if both those movies were crap - and some bootlegs of the first 12 seasons that I bought off eBay over a decade ago though, haha. There is an official Indigo League boxset but until they release the other seasons too I'm not really all that interested. It's affordable now though, so that's nice! But it's been out a year or two by now, so I hold out little hope of seeing an Orange League boxset anytime soon.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'd definitely buy the Diamond and Pearl series if it was released on DVD, really enjoyed watching that series. Whether I'd give the other series a chance as well would probably depend on how much the boxsets cost.

Back