• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You haven't WHAT?

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    Haven't seen a single Star Wars movies.
    Haven't seen a single Harry Potter movie.
    Haven't seen a single Star Trek episode/movie.
    Haven't seen a single Game of Thrones episode.
    Haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird once.
    Almost didn't see a single MCU movie until 2018 when my family made me watch Infinity War with them, thus making me and my gf wanna binge watch the whole saga lol.

I've been a pro at avoiding the mainstream in my youth, but I suppose I regret it now since it's harder to relate to people my age. Huh.

What do I even add to this? AH YES. I did watch Harry Potter movies, so I'll replace that with another one. Where I'm at, a movie called Bahubali rose to immense popularity, with theatres being crowded and all, but I still haven't watched it due to a lack of interest.
    And yes, because I avoided the mainstream I find myself befuddled when folks of my age group talk about them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    I haven't read Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia.

Huge horror movie fan and I've never seen Rosemary's Baby.

Years
    I don't really keep up with the mainstream. (I guess the only exception is anime, because I mostly watch more well-known ones.) I don't have Netflix or Disney+ or similar platform, so I can't watch all these shows and movies. Also I hate American pop after the 2000s (which are only tolerable), and that seems to be what most people in America listen to.
    Haven't seen a single Star Wars movies.
    Haven't seen a single Harry Potter movie.
    Haven't seen a single Star Trek episode/movie.
    Haven't seen a single Game of Thrones episode.
    Haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird once.
    Almost didn't see a single MCU movie until 2018 when my family made me watch Infinity War with them, thus making me and my gf wanna binge watch the whole saga lol.

I've been a pro at avoiding the mainstream in my youth, but I suppose I regret it now since it's harder to relate to people my age. Huh.

I watched like the last 15 minutes of a Star Wars movie and 1/3 of Black Panther, does that count?
    I relate all of these. It's good to know that there are others as well, especially when it seems like "everybody knows these things".

But the thing I hate about these kinds of scenarios is the people who overreact and act offended. "WhAt? hOw HaVe YoU nEvEr HeArD oF (x)???!?!?" Everyone has different perspectives of what is well-known, KAREN. I wouldn't react the same way if you said you've never listened to Hardcore TANO*C.

Back