• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thought on the Pokemon movies reboot

Years
  • How did the Pokemon movies reboot impact you? Do you think it was a good or bad idea to reboot the Pokemon movie verse and start it over in a new timeline? Or would have you prefered the movies to keep on the same original timeline? Since I Choose You came out the Pokemon movies moved onto another timeline.

I personally liked this change. Not just because I Choose You and The Power of Us were really entertaining and good movies (specially The Power of Us, it was excellent) but also it feels more refreshing giving the opportunity to introduce new characters and Pokemon in all possible situations. I am so looking forward to Pokemon the movie: Coco!

Btw: Mewtwo Strikes Back remake was garbage. It is not part of the new reboot movies nor timeline.

PB

creation hero
    Years
  • It's... bittersweet for me? Like, I love this because it means tons of new possibilities and scenarios we've never seen before, like in The Power Of Us, but it's also sad because we're letting go of something we're used to. I remember feeling cheated of a S/M movie a whiiile back, but the anime covered pretty much every climatic aspect about Alola... and then there was that little hint Ash did have some sort of adventure that could've been a movie I think? so off-screen :D

I do wonder if this means Gou will be allowed to feature in a movie though...

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • The only one I've seen so far is the first one. I Choose You. It was FAR BETTER than I was expecting honestly.

I plan on watching The Power of Us and the english dub version of Coco whenever it shows up eventually as well.

Honestly... I've enjoyed it thus far. This version of Ash is FAR BETTER than anime version Ash as far as I'm concerned.

Back