• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you interested in Pokemon?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I used to be quite the Pokemon fan up until about a decade ago, but since, my interest has waned to the point where I only care about a handful of the trainer characters (Leaf, Serena, Miror B., a couple of the more attractive NPC classes) and very few of the actual Pokemon. Blame the nosedive in quality of the Pokemon games (my primary interest in the franchise), an anime adaptation that was crap since day one, and a general lack of interest in other facets of the franchise. There are only so many times you can play through the old games again (especially when you want to save your old game data in your favorite games and not delete it for a new file.)

I haven't given up completely on the franchise, but I've largely moved on to other franchises.

As for on PC, I'll post in the random Pokemon thread here or there (mostly in relation to the games from 6th gen or older) but I spend the bulk of my time in the non-Pokemon sections.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It feels more fitting to answer this while wearing a Pokemon shirt.

Much like all of my other interests, Pokemon floats around in my life. I keep a passive interest in what's going on with the franchise, but I don't follow it in-depth like I used to. For instance, I haven't played a lot of the recently-released games, but I do plan on buying them. Haven't really watched the anime in years, but I did watch that Pokemon Concierge series. What I really fell out of following/buying was the trading cards, which was my main interest when Pokemon first came out.

It's like that with everything that I'm interested in.

So, like I said, Pokemon kind of floats around in my life because I keep the same interests after getting into them. It just depends on if it will ever become my main interest again.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I think one of the most interesting things about being on PC for me is seeing that people might say things like being less interested in newer generations, or even how I heard someone say they're not really interested in Pokemon and come to the forum to talk about other things with people.

As for me I still consider it something I love and have loved for my whole life. I'll keep up with the current games (for the most part), I just finished catching up to date with the anime for the first time in years, and I just tried getting back into the TCG last month. So it's something that still takes up lots of my time even as the years go on. It's sorta comforting to continue to have that thing that's made me happy and have it not drop off in interest.

Back