• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Years
    unsure if you fixed these in the newest beta, but i have another bug report for the previous version: i threw out an everstone and ended up duplicating my revives! had x99 in one slot and x10 in the last. my key items are also invisible unless i scroll past the cancel button to the bottom of the screen, and cant be accessed otherwise (shamouti island event cant be completed, cant gamble at the game corner)

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
    unsure if you fixed these in the newest beta, but i have another bug report for the previous version: i threw out an everstone and ended up duplicating my revives! had x99 in one slot and x10 in the last. my key items are also invisible unless i scroll past the cancel button to the bottom of the screen, and cant be accessed otherwise (shamouti island event cant be completed, cant gamble at the game corner)
    We are not sure what's causing this problem, but not the first report of it. If you have save files of before and after it would help with diagnosing the issue.

Years
    We are not sure what's causing this problem, but not the first report of it. If you have save files of before and after it would help with diagnosing the issue.
    i have one from after but not before, i dont usually keep multiple unfortunately and i saved before i noticed it 😔 not sure if just having my current file without the unglitched one would help

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
    Would still help so we can see whats been done, trying to narrow down the issue, all we know is that it happens in the lategame usually.

Years
    yeah it was in the lategame, it happened after i beat the champion while i was exploring fukuhara no.4. my key items are empty (with an extra invisible cancel) because i wanted to see if it was as simple as putting everything in the pc and taking it back out again, but alas, it wasnt so

Attachments

• pokeorange-pss-15a200e1.zip
      4.4 KB · Views: 3
    Days
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Hello, for starters I want to say what an amazing romhack. As someone who grew up watching the anime as a child & played all the games from the very beginning, this is one of my favorites it could literally be a mainline game from back in gbc days thank you all who helped create it. I know you guys are working on a new version of this & not actively updating this one anymore but I did want to report a few bugs i encountered while theyre still fresh in my mind.
    Bug #1 - When i first entered the daycare town(i dont have the game with me to check name while writing this sorry) i believe i entered the pokemon center immediately healed>left to explore the town>event triggers to battle my rival>beat him>go back and heal pokemon>leave to explore the town and now the event triggers again but my rival is invisible. Never ended up fixing this loop, everytime id enter any building would seem to reset him and once i got too close id have to battle invisible him.
    Bug #2 - Route62 cave, not sure if this is because of whatever bugged out at the daycare town which was right before coming here but when i'd walk through the cave entrance it would just walk be back out. Never ended up seeing whats inside.
    Bug #3 - Mandarin Desert, the part where you use rock climb to get up the little ledge and theres a cave almost directly in front of you had the same problem as the previous area, you'd walk through the entrance and get pushed back out. Never got inside.
    Bug #4 -(TLDR;Using Poliwrath white screen/freezes game) Obtained HM-waterfall, realized slowbro couldnt use the HM & i needed to replace someone who could could (just caught a poliwhirl not long ago so decided to see if poliwrath could use waterfall) evolve poliwhirl>see cool new gold belt artwork(really cool btw) but hes too low lv from where im at to use yet so i never end up using him a single time until im now at the elite 4/champion battle thing. At some point I end up using him, game goes white screen when i throw him out(never realized he was the cause at this point), fast forward a few attempts>im on last battle of elite 4>same problem(still haven't realized everytime i choose him the game freezes or breaks whatever is happening)>fast forward many attempts manage to beat it without ever using him(im like nice i manage to beat it without it breaking now hopefully i can save before it crashes again) the hall of fame animations start(poliwrath is my last slot pokemon in my party) its going smoothly until it gets to him as soon as he goes to show up game goes white(im like fuck now i gotta do that all over again) restart game it saved b4 hall of fame and i spawn at my house(cool beans)>fastforward exploring etc>battling red>use poliwrath game goes white(still havnt realized its him) battle red again use poliwrath again same issue and its now i finally realized wait is it just poliwrath so i use him immediately and yes he seemed to be the cause, swapped him out of my party, continued the entire of the rest of the game and never encountered another bug that caused white screen/freeze/crash
    Unknown If Bug or Intended
    - After you get the pokeflute & are suppose to wake up snorlax, i somehow explored that entire area twice and managed to not find the path to snorlax(i literally dont know how im just dumb lol) making me think i missed something somewhere else so i back tracked the entire game from grapefruit island>home and found nothing so i did it again from home>back before finally looking up someone else playing to realize my dumb ass missed there was a snorlax down there blocking the path, upon talking to everyone mutiple times at some point i realized i had multiple sharp beaks im unsure if the lady just gave me one everytime i talked to her or if at some point i accidently duped them & if this is somehow causing some of the above bugs i encountered.
    -I was able to reencounter legendaries, i did not go and check every single thing twice but while reexploring(didnt wanna miss anything) i was able to trigger celebi, snorlax, the black shadow thing(ghost/fighting iirc) in the cave past the kecleon. Not sure if this is related to the rival battle loop effecting these events as well or if this was just intended incase you killed an event triggered pokemon.
    -Never found HM whirlpool
    -Never figured out what to do with seashells or why i was collecting them
    -Theres another island on the map past where you catch celebi with no way to get to, i'm assuming its the giant pokemon island that the guy on the island blocking entrance to the building says it was left out or removed(cant remember exactly what he said off the top of my head).

I only have one save file, but i can provide it if requested if it helps in anyway.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
    @WowItsGuy thanks for the detailed reports. The two bugs about cave entrances are intended, there was never any detailed maps added for Sunray Cave so they dont work.
    Bug 1 is fixed.
    Bug 4 is currently being investigated, see the bug report before yours.
    Whirlpool is a TM and you should have gotten it just before Ascorbia after the trainer gauntlet.
    Item duplication is also something we are looking into, good to know that it can happen that early into the game.
    Seashells are for fun, they were gonna unlock something for fun in the postgame but Kanto was never finished.
    Past Tarroco is unfinished which is why its blocked off.
    Legendaries and static encounters reset upon beating Drake or the Gym rematch gauntlet in order to allow dex completion if you knocked something out by mistake.

By the way when you said multiple Sharp Beaks do you remember exactly how many?

Back