• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Elysium (GBA)

Days
    • Seen today
    Hello Kaiser,
    Here are some of my thoughts about the game. I had played on 2023 November update so pardon me if any of the issues were resolved

Pros:-
    • The story. The story is absolutely amazing. One of the best I have ever seen on a rom hack. The world building, characters was really really good. Imo it was on par with fangames like Reborn/Rejuvenation
    • Sidequests. The game has to of sidequests and I personally recommend to complete all of them. They give out great rewards, along with a lot of lore.
    • Fakemon. The game has couple of fakemon but they all are wonderfully designed.
    • Restricted usage of items in battle. This was a really fun mechanic imo which made the major battles more fun.
    • The sprites used for towns, characters were really apt too.
    Now for some cons, but when you think about the time, the game came about, they make sense.
    • Grinding. The main con of the game was grinding. Speed up key basically doesn't make grinding too bad but nonetheless that problem still exists.
    • Backtracking. There's a bit much of backtracking before getting fly. It was sort of irritating but nothing that bad.
    • Split into 2 parts. Personally this wasn't a problem for me but people have been facing issues patching and playing 2 parts.

My Final Opinion?
    If you are looking for a heavy story based game, please give this a try. It won't disappoint you. Hell I would recommend everyone to play this game. Also the creator of the game is super helpful, you can ask them about any difficulties faced in the game.

Thank you Kaiser for the wonderful game, hoping that you make more such games in future (No pressure tho :D)

Thank you very much for playing and for the review. I appreciate the feedback! :smile:
    There has been an update since November that, among others, has addressed the grinding issue to an extent.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thank you very much for playing and for the review. I appreciate the feedback! :smile:
    There has been an update since November that, among others, has addressed the grinding issue to an extent.
    I see, I will be doing a rerun after a while

Days
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Hello,
    This was my favorite hack (not the most experienced in these games but have played the mainstream ones like dark rising, gaia, glazed, firered rocket, unbound and none of them had me as hooked as this game. The story was thorough and super enjoyable, the side quests were extremely fun, and overall this had everything I could have dreamed of in a game. I appreciate how much time must have gone into this and you deserve far more recognition for this game! I really want to try to move my save to part B but haven't seen any note of how to do it on Delta on iOS. I've tried using the in-app save states and when I load in to part B it says "the save file has been deleted..." then brings me to the glitchy character creation menu. If there is anyone who has successfully moved it to the part B on Delta for iOS please help! Thank you again!

Days
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Update: Sadly I don't think I can play part B. I don't know if I did the instructions wrong or if my phone or files are not compatible to be able to play it. Still gotta say love the story so much hopefully at some point I can continue playing the game, aside from the very few bugs and the fact that some people including myself cannot play part B. You and your team did a great work!

Back