• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you 100% games?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    If you do, how many? and what was the hardest? for me my hardest used to be super mario bros wonder, solely because the secret world, but now it's the Mega Man X legacy collections 1 and 2, there are 104 achievements and Mega man games aren't easy! but I finally got the last one today.
    Spoiler: MMXLC1

Spoiler: MMXLC2

Days
    I don't even play games as such, so let alone completely finishing them :coolrim::coolrim::coolrim:

I had played Pokemon games only, and there I had finished till the end of storyline. And I did downloaded few GBA/DS/3DS games like World Ends with you, Fire Emblem, Zelda etc. but never liked playing them, and deleted them after 5 or 6 days.

I never manage to get the knack of doing same thing daily:sadwick::sadwick: . It feels very bore to me if I am playing any game daily, and more than an hour, due to which I don't play games for few days. And that includes the one-off game which I play nowadays; Pokemon GO.......

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    It depends on the game and if it's easy to do. Although that more applies to getting the Platinum Trophy which is completely different than 100% a game.

But my personal answer to this is... no. I don't. Normally anyway. Too much of a hassle, too hard and normally too grindy for me. But if the Platinum trophy is easy than yes but like I said... that's completely different.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I most certainly try to! For games that have 'SUPER HARD MODE' content (like that exceptionally hard set of DLC levels in A Hat in Time for example) I tend to pass on '100%' them, but for pretty much everything else, I more often than not completely finish them. (with the exception of games that don't technically end due to repeatable content like Skyrim and such)

Edit: Oh, right. Hardest game I've 100% from memory would be... Maybe Super Papaer Mario due to the very large amount of random collectables? DK 64 also comes to mind here... I've 100%'d Stardew Valley before, but that was less hard and more just extremely tedious... *Shrug*

Last edited:
    Years
    Almost never. If it happens incidentally, it happens. But I find the process of actually trying to 100% things really tedious and it saps my enjoyment of the game far more than it adds to it.

Years
    • Online now
    No, I usually don't enjoy it and find it too tedious. I've done 100% runs but it's rare. The last time was GTA V story mode years ago.

I'm more likely to commit to certain tasks, but necessarily get 100%. For example:

I found all the dalmatians in Kingdom Hearts 1. I also got the Legend of the East satchel in Red Dead Redemption 2.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Depends. Probably 100%'d several Kirby games, Super Mario World (and maybe other Marios), likely several Mario Karts, Golden Sun 1 and 2, The World Ends With You, Mega Man X2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Tales of Zestiria (base game), the Pokemon Pinball Pokedexes, Terraria (at the time), and a few others. Happens most often with a short game or a replayed game. Gives you something more to shoot for or explore. Likes the feeling of completing a game, sometimes. Feels like you fully mastered everything the game has to offer. Helps to receive something for doing it too. (Miiiiight have gotten all the stars in Mario 64 for Yoshi.)

Kind of depends how you define 100%, in some cases. Completed 100% of the Slay the Spire achievements. Only beat Ascension 20 on one character (of four). Never beat Terraria on the hardest difficulty either.

Will not 100% some games, even liked ones. Never bothered long with PokeFinder stuff in Sun/Moon. Hard passed on Tales of Symphonia's figurines. Left Stardew Valley below 100%, because of the remaining gameplay being a pure money grind. Saw no point in cooking all the things in Paper Mario (original or Thousand-Year Door).

Days
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I am not a gamer so I haven't played that many games. Quite a few among them were one-time plays while visiting a place that had the game or when testing to see if I liked a game. Some of my earliest games were Pokemon GameBoy titles, and once I got the hang of them I tended to compare every other game to Pokemon. Most games felt too frustrating in one way or another to continue playing.

Pokemon Crystal, Emerald, Fire Red, and maybe one of the RBY, I more or less finished (never with a completed Pokedex, and sometimes with cheats) at various points in time across years of sporadic playing.

I recently found an old platform flash game I played briefly when I was much younger. I spent way too much energy trying to get it to run on my computer and to beat it, both of which I eventually did (didn't run perfectly though). The main game, which I beat, was ridiculously difficult for a simple little game probably meant for kids. I couldn't figure out the even more frustrating mini-games and gave up on them.

I really enjoyed the Wii motion games and played them quite a bit. The motion sensing hardware had trouble registering my motions for some activities so I couldn't progress through them.

I don't think I was able to find the last few "I" markers in that Island Flyover Game in Sports Resort. I almost beat that Swordplay show-down one without trying too many times. When I got to the last two enemies, I had ample hearts left. I was landing several hits in a row but either the sensor wasn't working properly or the game was cheating. XD One of the last enemies hit me maybe twice, which I correctly blocked but they landed anyway, and I lost. I tried again a bunch of times after but I couldn't get quite as close to the end again.

Years
    I did 100% some smaller games. Fez and Rayman come to my mind. Maybe some smaller one as well. I am now trying with some pokemon games lol. Platinum, Emerald and Diamond are on my list.

Sake-Kun

8th Sin - Apostasy
    Days
    • Seen today
    If progress in a video game is a regular dopamine surge, 100% a game is like a dopamine explosion. You conquered the game to the point it has to admit it has nothing more to challenge your claim to mastery with. It is something real life may have not provided you for like most if not the entirety of your life. So why wouldn't many treasure it?

I 100% completed B3313 v1.0.2 recently, a mario game/hack that boasts 460 stars, dynamic difficulty scaling & liminal maze of a castle, alongside Pokemon TCG: the Videogame for Game Boy. Not only that, but I did so while beating the respective achievement sets for them on RetroAchievements.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Usually not, as it's often not worth it to me. A lot of games have some absolutely pain in the ass thing that makes me not inclined to. I have done it a handful of times though:
    • In the Metroid Prime trilogy there's a % counter next to your save file that measures how many of the power-ups/collectibles you've obtained, and I got that to 100% once in 3
    • I got all 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy with both Mario and Luigi
    • Platinum'd Code Vein, Elden Ring, and Nioh 2 (base game)
    Think I've come pretty close to 100%ing Tales of Symphonia too, I've done just about everything you can do in that game over the....20 years I've been playing that, except I'm pretty sure I never finished the Collectopedia and like some other thing I never gave enough of a shit about dealing with.

Depends on how 100%ing a game is being defined as though

Years
    Barely. I usually play the play until I'm still having fun, not until I fill some imaginary counter. And most games have pretty boring requirements for 100% completion, like find X copies of an item, climb Y towers or clear Z enemy camps. But really worth it in my opinion.

But I did 100% several games. From my memory, I 100% the original Spyro and Crash trilogies and their remakes, The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, Super Meat Boy, some games from BIT.TRIP series, Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion, all Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds DS games, Opus Magnum... And many indie games that I can't remember now.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Some games yes; others no. I like it when games are straightforward to complete. Like a lot of the JRPGs from the SNES era, the Golden Sun games, Radiant Historia, etc. They are games I enjoy and they aren't too difficult and don't force me to do things I absolutely don't like.

Compare that to most games on Steam that feel the need to not only offer achievements. But also have a lot of bs stuff in order to unlock some of them, as well. Yeah, I'm not a fan of "outside of the game rewards" like that. So, you will never see me complete a game on one of these platforms.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It largely depends on the game and how difficult it is to achieve 100%, not that I don't make an effort regardless, assuming I'm enjoying playing through said game.

For visual novels, I'll try to unlock all of the endings, even the BAD END ones. I'm one route away from 100% (and currently working on it) for the ONE: Kagayaku Kisetsu e dating sim.

For Pokemon, I think I've only done 100% in Leaf Green. I made an attempt in Platinum and Y, achieving everything except the toughest battle facility-related ones because of stupid RNG in said battle facilities. Which is why I don't want to delete the save files in those games, I have full Pokedexes and stuff that I don't want to lose.

This year alone, I've also done 100% of Another Code: Recollection and Princess Peach Showtime.

I've given up on getting all the Nook Mile achievements in ACNH however; the ones I have left are mind-numbingly repetitive. I'm not going to catch 5,000 random fish, for instance.

And that's not counting the multitude of JRPG's I've played over the years. Some I've completed 100% (several of the Atelier games, the 3DS remake of Radiant Historia, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, some of the Fire Emblem games), some others, I'm close except for a few of the most difficult/time consuming achievements (Tales of the Abyss, a couple OTHER of the Atelier and Fire Emblem games, and I guess you could technically file Pokemon Platinum and Y in this category too.)

These are mostly games that I've enjoyed. If I don't like a game, there's no way in hell I'm gonna even try, lol

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
    Usually, if I like a game's core gameplay enough to finish it, I'll keep on playing it until it's 100%ed, if that's something that makes sense for the game (e.g. not strategy games or citybuilders), doesn't require an absurd time commitment beyond that required to beat the game (e.g. some Roguelikes), and isn't so difficult as to be nigh-impossible for me (e.g. requirements to play on the highest difficulty to unlock something). If I'm going to drop a game without 100%ing it, odds are I stopped having fun waaaay before the credits rolled.

That being said, I don't care one bit about achievements/trophies, and will stop when I've exhausted all the in-game content for my game, even if there are a few achievements left to get that I don't have.

Back