• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Gary Edition: Beta 1 Released!

Should I....

• Rush the hack and Post up Pre-beta 2.0

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Get Beta testers and Release Beta 1 publicly.

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Gary Edition Returns

g2ec4.png

Rules
1. Stay On Topic
2. Don't be afraid to post your opinion, they are welcome!
3. Follow the universal rules of the PC.(And the Showcase rules too :P)
4. Don't ask for release dates.

Updates:

Beta 1 Released
Beta 1 is here!
Grab it in the download section.
Beta 1.01 Released for Text Edits

Beta Testing
If you would like to beta test, the first three members to ask to beta test will get my restarted hack to search for bugs, and have fun!

Beta testing Update: Beta tester positions filled.

Beta testing Update: I've gotten all the way to the credits with very few glitches! I'll ask the beta testers if they still wanna test it some more to be sure...

Hack Restarted
Ok, I'm coming back to Gary Edition, but Because it was so buggy, I'm redoing it.
There will be some things that are the same, and some changes.
Play the Super Buggy Pre-beta 1.2 if you wish(AT YOUR OWN RISK),but theres A glitch that prevents going past viridian city, to get past that, use Walk through walls codes.

The New Restarted Pre-beta 2.0 test will be released soon.
HACK POSTPONED
Working on another hack... postponing this hack to work on it...

Pre-beta 1.2 Released
Some Bugs fixed, trainer backsprites added, and A battle with T in Pallet town.(Note, he is extremely tough and is not recomended untill Elilte Four is beaten.)

If you want a small, crappy title change, download Pre-beta 1.2.1.

Added Screenies from Pre-beta 2(Not finished yet...)

Pre-beta 1.1 Released
Don't get overexcited, just a minor bugfix that stops you from playing the game.. at all...
Thank Someperson2008 for pointing that out. Pre-beta 1.2 should come soon with Gary's Backsprites made by Chrispy. Also, the title screen
is reverted to normal.

Pre-beta 1 Released!
Ok, bug catchers, Pre-beta 1 is all about searching for the bugs.
This is only 15% of the game, so don't think it's over yet!
See attachments for the download. Anyone is free to use, but be sure to report any bugs!

Introduction:
I always favored Gary over Ash. I always wished there was a game that you get to play as Gary, see through his eyes, and defeat Ash once and for all at the Pokémon League! I've seen what we could do with rom hacking, and even though I'm not a pro hacker, I wanted to test myself, so I decided to make this hack.

Story:
You are the Grand(son/daughter) of Prof. Oak, a famous PKMN Professor. Both you and your neighbor receive your first Pokemon, and your adventure to fill the Pokedex with information for "Gramps" begins after you receive a Pokedex. You are to explore the region of Kanto, and become the PKMN league Champion!

Rom Info:
badge-firered.png
(U)
Language: English, duh

Features:

• Play as Gary!(For the Female Sprite, I'll try to create new ones in later betas, but for now I'm focusing on Gary.)
  • Explore The Reigon of Kanto!(Kinda lame huh?)
  • Catch the Original 151 Pokémon! + Some from Johto.(Again Firered had that... ok I'll add MORE Pokemon from Johto and Hoenn!!)
  • Maybe added/edited Maps!
  • Most of the Legends
Screenshots:

pokemongaryedition01wn3.png
pokemongaryedition02nd7.png
pokemongaryedition03ou5.png

g23mo4.png
112dq0.png
113nj1.png

114kb6.png
115vt2.png
mewji7.png

VIDEOS
Trailer

Glitches/bugs:
If anyone knows how to fix them, Please say so.
Bold text is fixed
Green text means may not be worked on.
Red text means will be worked on later.
Blue text means what I'm working on now.
Orange text means the problem is not verified.
Purple Text means I don't know how to fix.

Bugs:
Paralyzing doesnt effect you at all

Banners:
qx70o9.png
By: Someperson2008
2j4oi1k.png
By: Someperson2008
2lt6o49.png

HTML:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2lt6o49.png
By:
someperson2008
userbarfl8.png
By: Smileman
moz-screenshot-6.jpg

The next 3 by Sandro:
PokemonGaryEdition1.png

HTML:
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Sandro_91/My%20Userbars/PokemonGaryEdition1.png
PokemonGaryEdition2.png

HTML:
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Sandro_91/My%20Userbars/PokemonGaryEdition2.png
PokemonGaryEdition.png

HTML:
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Sandro_91/My%20Userbars/PokemonGaryEdition.png

Team:

T

Help Requests
None

Status (What I'm doing now)
Thinking of what to do next...

Credits (The People who made this hack Possible!)
T- being in the Alphabet.Creation of the hack...
Chrispy- Making the much-needed Gary Backsprites.
Someperson2008 - Banners
X-aveon - Inserting Gary Trainer Backsprites Twice. Did an amazing job
KageX - The New Gary OW's
smileman -a banner
Raito Kun- Gary Edition Video

Things to see in Beta 2:

• New Titlescreen
  • Complete Safari
  • More Legends
  • Umbreon/Espeon Stone Evolutions
  • Edited Oak Intro
  • New Events
  • Much, Much more!
Help Center:

List of Hoenn Pokemon in Safari(May be changed in later betas)
Area 1
Spoiler:

Downloads:
See attachments below

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I'm gonna keep my eye on this one.
YAY FIRST POST!

apolloman

Modern Looney
Years
kewl, a pokemon journey thru garys eyes and eevee as a starter. you metioned squirtle being free, it was his starter in the anime, so anymore freebies aka a nidoran since he had a nidoking.
im gonna keep an eye on dis

Years
Hmm, seems like you still gotta change a lot.

Starting in my own house, I talked to that Ruby/Sapphire guy. He said his name was T and I had to battle him without any pokemon. So I started again and talked to my sister but same thing happened.

Also, I took Eevee as I was told to but I got a squirtle. So I think this hack needs lot of help.

Keep it up, man.

As an idea, you should think about some other GYMs yourself as Gary metioned in the first season he had already won 10 badges.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Introduction:
I always favored Gary over Ash. I always wished there was a game that you get to play as Gary, see through his eyes, and defeat Ash once and for all at the Pokémon League! I've seen what we could do with rom hacking, and even though I'm not a pro hacker, I wanted to test myself, so I decided to make this hack.

Story:
Not far from Firered, just that you start leaving from a Sleepover at Ash's house, and Get ready to start your adventure! (Basically, for now its Ash's story slightly edited... for now.)

Rom Info:
badge-firered.png
(U)
Language: English, duh

Features:

• Play as Gary!(For the Female Sprite, I'll try to create new ones in later betas, but for now I'm focusing on Gary.)
  • Explore The Reigon of Kanto!(Kinda lame huh?)
  • Catch the Original 151 Pokémon! + Some from Kanto.(Again Firered had that... ok I'll add MORE Pokemon from Johto!)
  • Maybe added/edited Maps!
Hey, you know in R/B/FR/LG it's not Gary, it's Blue (Green in Japan) and it's not Ash, it's Red, based of the manga "Pokemon Special", and it looks good so far.

Years
Almost done with Pre-beta 2.0, so far, only one glitch...

If you battle your rival after the first battle, the movesets are screwed up.. so I need to learn how to edit them.

hackritus

Challenger
Years
Weird pre-Beta

The pre-Beta game was rlly weird. I went to Nurse Joy when i got out of my house and she asked me how Squirtle was doing...i didn't have a squirtle...then i checked my party and it was there!

Years
the give pokemon script was never finished, and next time , read the thread before skipping to the downloads section...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The people who voted for: "Rush the hack and release beta 2.0" obviously don't know the concept of hacking. :\
I voted for the second option. :)
GL~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Am I a beta tester for this too? :\
Cause, you said I'd be a beta tester when I posted about the poll. :\

Years
Yea.
I'm fixing up some glitches.

Too bad I won't have time to finish the Vermilion Safari with Hoenn Pokes untill after beta testing :(

I'll send the patch ASAP.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
OMG thank you for making this, it gave me an Idea for a hack ( but it has nothing to do with gary :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back