• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Gary Edition: Beta 1 Released!

Should I....

• Rush the hack and Post up Pre-beta 2.0

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Get Beta testers and Release Beta 1 publicly.

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
  • I love how many hacks now seem to be focusing on remaking certain aspects of the anime. I think it's a neat idea, and I'm surprised that you were able to find some part of the anime that hasn't been done yet! =) Although, I don't quite understand something...I'm pretty sure on this...but, Gary never met Mew in the anime, right? So, why did you include him in this hack, other than for the sake of including Mew? I think Mewtwo would be more appropriate, and there is even a sprite of Mewtwo in that wierd suit-thingy floating around somewhere (I think you can get it with Elite Map?) Also, I don't understand the man-made safari...? Have you added any scripts yet? So far, it just looks like edited text. Anywho, nice idea! Hope you can do a good job with it.

Years
  • I love how many hacks now seem to be focusing on remaking certain aspects of the anime. I think it's a neat idea, and I'm surprised that you were able to find some part of the anime that hasn't been done yet! =) Although, I don't quite understand something...I'm pretty sure on this...but, Gary never met Mew in the anime, right? So, why did you include him in this hack, other than for the sake of including Mew? I think Mewtwo would be more appropriate, and there is even a sprite of Mewtwo in that wierd suit-thingy floating around somewhere (I think you can get it with Elite Map?) Also, I don't understand the man-made safari...? Have you added any scripts yet? So far, it just looks like edited text. Anywho, nice idea! Hope you can do a good job with it.

This hack isn't a remake of the anime, it may have similarities, but it WILL have differences.

The Man-made Safari is to use the unused land in Vermilion to be able to catch Hoenn Pokemon, but they won't evolve untill you beat the elitle four.

The purpose of Mew is so people can catch legends, I may remove it(I'm not good with wildbattles) but for now, its there.

What I came here to post for:
    ---------------------------------------
    I'm requesting someone who can edit the titlescreen, and has time to do so.
    If you can do this PM me.
    You will receive Full credit and the latest patch available at the time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    sorry, i didn't mean to be offensive or anything, it's just that i've came across many banners that i sometimes end up fixing the background of, once again, sorry..

hey smileman i like ur banner lol better than most of the ones i made. and you fixed it lol. What's up with the whole Safari? Are you putting a new/another safari zone somewhere in the game? I havent been on as much so I havent kept up with this.

Years
  • is it just firered but gary as the main charector
    Lemme guess, you played, 5~10 minutes and didn't look at the thread right?
    Its not an Exact Firered, and its just in its Beta stage...
    Its not a full hack, but its not exactly the way it was before the hack started...

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Bug: Paralyzing doesnt effect you at all.
    What should be changed: <Ash> should come in later and should be nicer not act like Gary would.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
  • yea i agree on wat the guy above me said and also make gary arrogant so for once we can be a jerk in a pokemon game oh and i think there should be events where we can catch some of garys pokemon like a nidoking,alakazam,and arcanine but in their first form very early in the game also make alakazam evolve by level instead of trade that would be so kick ass

(am i allowed to say ass here if not sorry i got over excited i wish i was able to hack somtimes and i got all these ideas just piled up in my head if i learn to script ill definiteley make a hack )

Years
  • Bug: Paralyzing doesnt effect you at all.
    What should be changed: <Ash> should come in later and should be nicer not act like Gary would.
    I have no Idea how that would happen, so I can't fix it...
    I'll try to fix it when I have time...
    yea i agree on wat the guy above me said and also make gary arrogant so for once we can be a jerk in a pokemon game oh and i think there should be events where we can catch some of garys pokemon like a nidoking,alakazam,and arcanine but in their first form very early in the game also make alakazam evolve by level instead of trade that would be so kick ass

Most trade evo's are already changed, most of em evolve somehwhere in the 40's/30's

Nidoran, Growlithe, and abra can already be caught in the wild...

Also, Text edits is a minor part in this hack, so most text edits won't be focused on to much...

Off-topic

Don't PM me about Titilescreen editing anymore...

Smileman

Scripter looking for a team
    Years
  • Wow T you're doin' a great job! I can't believe no one has come up with an idea like this (and if they did they obviously didn't try to hard)! Good luck! (And I'm still open for spriting)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back