• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta Catch 'em all?

Years
  • What happened to that slogan?

Now you have to see them all.

For Sinnoh dex, hey could of made it catch and National see but Sinnoh is see?

It makes the game too easy and abandons the slogan.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yeah the last time I heard "gotta catch them all", was on the cartoons of pokemon. lol

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    What happened to that slogan?

Now you have to see them all.

For Sinnoh dex, hey could of made it catch and National see but Sinnoh is see?

It makes the game too easy and abandons the slogan.

where have you been? they abandoned it back in the Advance generation.

scorpyo

Is afraid of the Unown
    Years
  • I'm sure that if you had to catch everything to be able to put it in a pokedex, then nobody wouldn't be motivated to play anymore. >_> But remember that in all of the episodes, Ash only has to open up his pokedex to have it give out information on a new pokemon.
    EDIT:
    At least I think so. I haven't watched them in a while.

R.A.M.

KEY Fan
    Years
  • where have you been? they abandoned it back in the Advance generation.

Nope, in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald you still had to catch them in order to get the star on your trainer card. In FR & LF you had to catch a certain amount of pokemon(I don't remember hom many). In D/P you just have to see all the non-event pokemon in order to get the star on yur trainer card.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Nope, in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald you still had to catch them in order to get the star on your trainer card. In FR & LF you had to catch a certain amount of pokemon(I don't remember hom many). In D/P you just have to see all the non-event pokemon in order to get the star on yur trainer card.

I mean it was in the advance gen when they dropped it as part of the title

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
  • I liked catching them back when the games were good. I think most of the new pokes are ugly little things. They're just not worth catching. Sorry, Bidoof, but Ratatta was better. But yes, I really miss the jingle. 'Gotta catch 'em all - - - POKEMON!'

Seventyxxtimes7x

MushroomHead
    Years
  • The creaters or pokemon didnt think anyone can catch them all

When chuck norris Got all 151 pokemon they had to make more pokemon. Then when chuck norris got the second set of newer pokemon. They changed the slogan to "see em all"

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Not exactly, first off all, their slogan "Gotta catch 'em all" was abandoned a LONG time ago.
    (Well not really, I believe they still use it in Pokemon Chronicles, but thats a different story)

Also, catching every Pokemon to received the National Dex would be too hard for some people, due to some reasons
    - Trade for Dialga/Palkia
    - Trade for other starters
    - Trade for version exclusives
    - Manaphy

It makes the game too easy
    Hell no, receiving the Nation Dex isn't supposed to be hard, in fact, in all the games that featured a Nation Dex, it is quite easy to get, you're kinda saying it's supposed to be a big challenge.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • I like yet hate the way that is I like having my pokedex read off what ive caught it lets me know how many im missing now i just need to see how many more i need to encounter which is lame. But in a way I like having the info without doing the hard work of catching un needed lower level pokes like a bidoof when i caught the evo . So i have mixed feelings about it but yea i know what you mean.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I read something about this and it was becuase Ash had only caught like 8.9% of the pokemon and this wasen't good for pokemon so the line "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was dropped from products and episodes from 2003.

Hope that helps with the question

Back