• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am currently away

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • Do you usaully leave MSN on all day or do you log off MSN?

In other words, do you prefer using the statuses that are there on MSN or do you log off and come back when you know you'll be on? (Also it doesnt have to be just MSN, if you dont use MSN and you use Yahoo or AIM or something else...those count as well)

For me, I dont bother logging off MSN if I know I wont be gone for a long time. To me, I think its just a waste of time logging off if your only going to be gone for five minutes or something...a day I can see but just because you have homework to do and you are busy with it or you are playing a game, you shouldn't have to log off. Why else do they keep give you options for statuses such as busy, away or idle? They are there to keep you from just flat out logging off and telling people you cant take but you can soon.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well, with AIM, I don't stay on, but that's only because I have dialup, and it can tie up the phone line. It suuucccks. I'd stay on if I could.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Well ya, sometimes I even go to uni and leave my msn on with an away status and I even say in the PM: "I'm not here, leave a message after the beep :P"

Problem is, some people just don't read and they just think I'm ignoring them, so I'm sticking with "Appear Offline" for now...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I mostly stay in "Appear Offline" for MSN. It's less annoying to me to do so. I can only IM the people I want to talk to, and quickly leave when I don't want to talk to anyone. It's much easier than signing on and telling everyone that I either don't want to talk to them or that I really want to sign off and play my game.

I'm signed in all day. I just remain invisible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm online all the time for MSN and AIM. I love talking to people and I can't be bothered setting myself to Appear Offline/Invisible unless I'm actually busy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm signed in all day. I just remain invisible.
    That be why I never see you then. xD

When gaming, I usually sign out of MSN and on to Xfire (MSN uses CPU power from time to time, may cause lag, etc.).
    All other times, I'm on MSN. I appear online unless I actually am busy or away.

I never appear offline, since if I'm online, I'm online... Setting one's status to "appear offline" perpetually is like regularly walking in to and out of a room filled with people while wearing a shirt that reads "I'm not here".

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Well I stay logged in if I'm running errands or something. But while I'm at school, and when I can't be bothered with MSN, I sign out.

It's the proper thing to do (b' ')b

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I just leave my computers on when I am gone. Same thing with YIM. I'm too lazy to turn off the computer and turn it on a few hours later. So it usually says I'm "Idle" It shows me as away anyway.

I never use the "Appear Offline" option with the same reason as above.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I always log off, cuz I rarely ever use my trill IM that often.
    though last time I checked I had this as my away message:
    "Sorry I'm away building a 12 foot long Hoagie, be back when I can fit it in the oven for toasting"

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I'm like always online. But I use away messages and stuff. If I'm in my dorm, I'm online. Unless I'm sleeping or doing homework.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I sign into MSN when I get home and I just leave it signed in until I go to bed - I'll either change my status or just Idle whenever I go off to do something else. If I'm leaving for more than an hour or two I'll sign out, but most of the time I'll just leave it online.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    If I feel like opening it, I'll just leave it on all day (Probably on appear offline), I don't set myself to away manually, I just let it to that itself.

I also don't usually close the program unless I restart my computer. But I don't reopen it half the time after that.
    However, I never log off of AIM unless I'm feeling pissy, and it sets me to away when I lock my computer, so I don't do it manually there, either.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I usually just leave mine on when I'm not by the computer, only because I'm too lazy to close it down. XD But I do change my status to Busy, as I installed a keyboard shortcut for it....

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I ahve a lot of custom made away messages for AIM, most of them being jokes. Sometime sI put my away message up even though I'm still at the computer.

Years
  • When I have MSN, I usually log off when I'm not there, with exception of short trips where I know I'll be back on the computer when I get back. I just like it better that way. ._.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I usually log off when I'm not at the computer, since my brother has to use it or something like that. But other than that, I just stay online. The only exception to that is when I just have to go off for a few moments, then I use the Away status, or Appear Offline one.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I normally sign out or go to appear offline. I don't leave my computer on when I am not using it. my mum doesn't like it when I do. but I will be leaving it on so I can download shows and movies when we get rid of sky.

I don't use any of the other statuses unless a game I am playing automatically puts me on busy.

Last edited:

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I prefer just being on when I'm there and not use statuses often, but maybe if I go toilet. I don't use statuses even then actually. I use it statuses when I'm on msn on the DS so that my boyfriend knows I'm online but just away and waiting for him. Plus I have a timer so I log out when I'm not on.

Back