• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am currently away

Years
  • I'm usually on the computer alllll day, except for mealtimes and comfort breaks =P. Meals and other stuff I'll leave MSN on and just have my status as Away, or Out To Lunch.

The only times I really turn the computer off are when I have to go to uni, basketball training/match, any random event, and of course bedtime.

Years
  • For the most part, even though I don't get a lot of people messaging me over MSN, I still leave it on all day in case someone wants/needs to talk to me (or I want/need to talk to someone). I'll just set it to away if I know for certain I'll be gone for a bit, or if I'm going to sleep (though there are some times when I forget to do that, whoops).

The only times I'll log off and stay off MSN are when I'm away on vacation, or when I have one of my periods of...I dunno, I guess I'd call it disinterest. Those happen especially whenever I have someone visiting here or when I have my attention directed at something for good deal of time (such as if I'm trying to play a game, and don't want to be bothered too much).

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I usually put it in "Appear offline", since most of the time I have it on just to see if I have a new email. If my friends want to contact me, they can always leave me a message for when I'm on.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • If I'm online, I'm in the mood to talk. I put Busy if I'm doing something at the moment that may cause me to reply slowly. Away if I'm just eating, or whatever, but means I'll get back soon. I put offline if I'm taking my time, or if I just don't want to be on MSN. =/

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    When i am on, I'm usually set to "Appear offline," and only IM the people who I actually feel like talking to. I'm always trying to avoid people for some reason ._.

When I'm away for long periods of time (like..more than 3 hours), I'll usually just shut my computer off, otherwise, I'll just slap on an "away" status.

Lo-chan

Seme Dara will get you :o
    Years
  • If Im just going to be away for a hour or shorter, then Ill just leave it on. On school days or longer Ill just turn off the computer. Waste of energy and my computer screws up if I just leave it on for so long D:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I rarely sign out on MSN. I usually just 'Appear offline' when I'm not near the computer.
    On yahoo and AIM I dont use them often. and I have skype but I dont sign into that much either.
    Anyways I use busy and away statuses when I need to while using the computer.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Argh! Get it right everyone! The MSN era is over; it's the WLM era now so stop calling it MSN. >_>

As for me my status is Online most of the time even when I'm not there.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm on my parent's computer again so I want to sign out x_x but when I'm online on my computer, I'm almost always appearing offline until I feel like talking. Though during school and when I go to bed, I log off.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I usually log off when I'm going to be gone for more then five or so minutes. I use a laptop, and when I close it it looses it's internet connection. I could leave it open, but half the time one of my parents will come along and close it, so I just figure I'll go ahead and do it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Its always on, my family even has a backup generator so even when the power goes out it is still on

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Argh! Get it right everyone! The MSN era is over; it's the WLM era now so stop calling it MSN. >_>

As for me my status is Online most of the time even when I'm not there.

And soon the MSN/WLM era will be over, because it will be the YIM era after the merger happens XD.

For me it'll be MSN just about forever.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • I'm never on that long -- Even when I do go on, it's usually set to "busy" or "off line"...just because. That way I can talk to people I want to talk to, without having to keep up with a bunch of conversations.

I knew a few people who'd stay on AIM/MSN for WEEKS. No lie -- it was weird. Heck, I don't keep my computer on whenever I'm not using it because it wastes electricity. D|

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Usually I leave myself logged in. Well during the day, I use to overnight, but there wasn't really a point. People would IM me, which was a bother since I'm sleeping.. Am I going to really reply?

And if I'm away, I usually put a status up, like I'm not here or something. But sometimes I'm just lazy and leave it to idle.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Well,I use AIM,and most of the time,I will put up an away message if away.Now though,I just tend to sign completely off due to my sister going onto my screenname x.x

Back