• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gardevoir/Gallade Club!

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
  • This is in replacement of the Gardevoir Sanctuary, which was unfortunately, closed.

Psysiology: The mini-skirt that Gardevoir had as a Kirlia is now an elegant ballroom gown. Gardevoir has long, slender, white legs underneath the gown. It gives the impression that it is levitating gracefully above the ground. Gardevoir has a red horn on its chest and another red horn on its back. Gardevoir's arms are now green and the red fin-like horns it had on its head as Ralts/Kirlia are now gone.

In Anime: Gardevoir's first appearance was in Do I Hear a Ralts?. It was the parent of the sick Ralts that Max and Ash's Snorunt were taking to the Pokémon Center.

Its most recent appearance was in Mutiny in the Bounty. It belonged to a girl named Melodi and then was stolen by Pokémon Hunter J. It proved to have a deep psychic connection with its trainer and was able to hear her through thought.

Trivia: Out of the three original stages of Ralts, Gardevoir is the only one that had its name changed when it came to the U.S.
    The fact that Gardevoir can be male is a frequent topic of discussion among Pokémon forums. Perhaps in response to this, Gallade was created.

Origin: Gardevoir resembles a ballroom dancer. Its exaggerated head with minimal facial expression and an overall frail, featureless physique could also be attributed to anesama ningyou, a style of traditional Japanese paper doll.

Name: Gardevoir's name may be a combination of garde (French for "guard") and devoir (French for "to be required to"). This is reflected on its Dex data, which explains how Gardevoir will protect its Trainer even at the cost of its own life. Its Japanese name may be taken to mean さあ、ナイト saa, naito ("come, night").

Gallade

Physiology:

The mini-skirt that Gallade had as a Kirlia has disappeared, though its body is hourglass-shaped and its lower torso almost resembles a kilt. Gallade has white legs that are wider than its counterpart, Gardevoir's. Like Gardevoir, it also has a red horn protruding from its chest and another red horn sticking out of its back, but these are both smaller and sharper. Unlike Gardevoir, however, Gallade's arms have blade-like protrusions at the elbows, and its head is shaped somewhat like a gladiator's helmet. Gallade also happens to be a darker shade of green than the other members of its evolutionary line.

Gallade, thanks to its arm blades, can learn a variety of sword-like attacks in several types. These include Leaf Blade, Night Slash, and the rarely known Psycho Cut. As with other Fighting-type Pokémon, Gallade can summon Earthquakes, launch rocks at his opponents (in either the form Stone Edge, Rock Slide or Rock Tomb). Since Gallade is a fully-evolved Pokémon, he can learn Hyper Beam or Giga Impact.

Although Gallade was likely created to prevent confusion due to Gardevoir's distinctly feminine appearance, there can still be male Gardevoir. Kirlia, their shared pre-evolution, also has a distinctly feminine appearance as well.

Origin: Gallade may be based on a Roman gladiator.

Gallade was possibly introduced as a solution, or nod, to the complaints that a clearly feminine Pokémon such as Gardevoir could also be male. Male Gardevoir, however, are still possible to obtain and there remain other Pokémon of a specific gender-based design to still be available in both genders, such as Machoke.

Gallade may be a combination of gladiator, gallant, and blade. It may also be a reference to Sir Galahad.

Erlade might be a combination of Earl (meaning chieftain) and blade, referring to the sword-like appendages on its arms.

Okay:

Rules: Ralts, Kirlia can also be brought up here.
    You can post your Gallade/Gardevior/Kirlia/Ralts attacks here.
    No swearing, fighting, cursing.

Erureido (Gallade's Japanese Name): Owner

Co Owner: Saanito-Kun (dang names)

Members: Golden Riolu
    Fighting Infernape
    Kyulf
    Midnighteon
    Super Puppy
    Topic: Which do you prefer, Gallade or Gardevoir? Why?

Last edited:

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    'Ello, big Gardevoir fan here, as ya can see. I don't really care if I am co-owner or not, so it is up to you.

Which do you prefer, Gallade or Gardevoir? Why?

Gardevoir, psychics always been my favorite type of Pokemon. In addition, it's a beautiful Pokemon, and the fact that I'm more focused on the special side of attacking than physical helps. Last thing, would be that it's my lead for pretty much ALL battles in Emerald considering how useful it is (Wish / Thunder-Wave / Will-O-Wisp + Calm Mind + Thunderbolt + Psychic for example can sweep a many teams), and in competitive it has quite a lot of options for support.

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
    Years
  • Ooh! MeMeMe!!! I want to join! See sig; my name on many other forums is actually Gardevoir Girl!

I actually like Gallade more. I've always been interested in Pokemon with blades attached somehow; I had a fascination with Scyther name years ago, and then when I saw Gallade I couldn't resist raising one. I now have four because I can't stop collecting them. Oh, and I put one in one of my early stories and became very fond of him.

~Golden

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Ah, it seems we both got added as members... That's good news. ^^ Hopefully this won't die out, like Gardevoir's Sanctuary. Died out right when I wanted to join... Well, at least there was another one out there.

So far, I've been trying to find a decent Ralts in my Emerald ROM... They all come out with natures that lower Sp. Attack, which isn't good at all... Out of the twenty or so I caught so far most come out as Jolly...

Anyways, here's a picture of Gallade in the anime, one of the few considering if I'm correct there's only one displayed so far and that was in the movie. Actually... There aren't many pictures of Gallade and Gardevoir in the anime, compared to some other Pokemon who appear every five episodes or so.

Gallade.jpg

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
    Years
  • Thank you! Is there a banner or something for the club? If so, I'd love to put it in my sig! Oh, and I'm saving that picture to my Photobucket account <3

Yeah, I'm obsessed.

Anyway... Saanaito-Kun... don't I recognize you from somewhere? *Checks a certain club on a certain site* Aah, there you are. Hi again!

~Golden

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Hi, as well.

And no, currently at the moment there isn't a banner we can use right now... However chances are we'll find one to use eventually... I'm not that much of a graphics designer though... I often draw with pencil and paper, instead of doing digital-based artwork, so me making one is unfortunately out of the question right now...

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Ok, I'll work on it.

*24 scene with the clock and the four screens show, one of me eating ice cream, one of me drawing, one of me on the computer, and one of Hilary Clinton slapping Barack Obama*

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Well, at least we may have a banner coming up soon.

Been fooling around with artwork... I been attempting a few drawings focusing on Gardevoir... Once my scanner works I may or may not upload them to my DA... Just depends how they come out as a finished piece...

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Hello! I am a big Gardevior fan (its my best non-uber pkmon, can I join?)

ok fighting infernape and Lyulf, you're in!

By the way, I drew a Gallade Gardevoir pic, but, being the idiot I am, I forgot to add The Gallade Gardevoir Club.

well, it's attached

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    oh okay,here's my answer.

Gardevouir,i have known it longer! :P
    I guess because it could be a special wall and or special sweeper.It's also pretty!

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Anyone whom requested to join and isn't added to the list, don't worry as you are accepted. ^^ Not like we kick people or refuse applications for no reason.

Attention all tetrahedrons!

This zetta decent club most likely will die out soon unless I post a zetta rad topic! So... Here are several.

Would you rather be Gallade or Gardevoir?
    What is your strongest Gallade and/or Gardevoir (if you collect them)?
    If you seen one IRL, what would you do?
    Ever made any writing or artwork centralizing upon Gallade and/or Gardevoir?
    If Gallade or Gardevoir were in Brawl (or maybe in a SSB4 if one is made) as a Playable Character, what would you think their moveset would be?
    Do you own any Pokemon merchandise other than the games and anime DVDs where the Ralts-line was the main subject?

---

Prepare to respond to any of 'em, I guess. I'll only respond to three, as I'm rather busy at the moment.

A bit of artwork, I guess. There's also a canceled Pokemorph story where the main character was a Gardevoir morph... Nothing else really. I would upload my artwork, but I have extremely bad luck with my scanner, it breaking every two seconds forcing me to buy a new one. Dx

If Gallade or Gardevoir were in Brawl (or maybe in a SSB4 if one is made) as a Playable Character, what would you think their moveset would be?

Ah... Sometimes I thought Gallade would be a playable character, not so much Gardevoir... But here's a crappy moveset I thought up quickly...

Spoiler:

Do you own any Pokemon merchandise other than the games and anime DVDs where the Ralts-line was the main subject?

No, not really. I do own a bit of Pokemon TCG cards (Ralts and Kirlia being the only ones relevant here), but they really wouldn't count, I suppose...

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • This seems like a good club. Can I join? I think Gallades and Gardevoirs are useful in battles and there great (and, I'm one of those fans who likes the Gallade x Gardevoir couple) =]

Would you rather be Gallade or Gardevoir?

I would for sure be a Gallade because I'm Male of course XD

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • >.>

I'd be a gardevir! (jk)

Strongest Gallade?

*Psycho Cut Stone Edge Leaf Blade Swords Dance Fully EVed

Gallade Moveset?

Speed: 10. Moves so fast, illusions of it follow it.

Attack Defense: 10

Moves:

Psycho Cut: Charge Move, sort of like Lucario and Mewtwo's B move.

Up-B: Sky Uppercut

Over-B: Leaf Blade: Sends out 40 leafs that circle the enemy, and slash him up.

Down and B: Charge BeamL Like Wario's Waft, or R.O.B's B Beam

Final Smash: Swords Dance 3 times, then he uses a Shadow Ball followed by a Hyper Beam, then, while enemy is down, uses Close Combat on top of enemy, and then ends with a Focus Blast to the face.

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
    Years
  • Would you rather be Gallade or Gardevoir?

I would actually rather be Gallade, but since I'm female that wouldn't exactly work.

What is your strongest Gallade and/or Gardevoir (if you collect them)?

My strongest Gallade is named Eruri. His moveset is Brick Break, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut and Protect. He's EV trained in Attack and his nature is Gentle, so he can take a powerful hit as well.

If you seen one IRL, what would you do?

Aside from having a heart attack, I'd try to befriend it.

I've drawn them a few times, but I'm not very good. I also write about them a lot. Too much, according to some of my readers.

~Golden

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
  • Hi! Is it too late to join? I love Gardie and Gallade. I really am not sure of which one I like better; I suppose Gardevoir because I've had mine longer.

I have a level 100 Gallade with an Adamant nature and EVs in atack and speed that's pretty strong. I also have a level 100 Gardie, but she's from before I knew of EVs a few years ago, so she's not too tough. I'm currently training a Gardie who's now level 47. So I guess as of now, my Gallade is the strongest.

If I saw one in real life... I'd freak out and think that my hours of gaming were screwing with my head.

I've never really drawn either of them. I like drawing, but I'm better at people. I tried Ralts once, however, and it came out pretty well.

Back