• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP080 Spoilers

Lash

Years
  • In the video of the preview..

Spoiler:

Discuss.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • One Piplup, who appeared frequently outside its Poké Ball? Overkill. Two Piplups? Mega-overkill. ._.

Though I wonder if those two Piplups are of different genders. I mean, they look identical and the only way the animators differentiated them was by that flower thingy on Taisei's Piplup's head and the only other way is to differentiate by having one nicknamed.

As a side-note, the preview at least 80% confirms Jessie gets the Yanma.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Wow this sure looks intresting. Jessie catching a Yamma. I have to say intresting but kinda surprising. Still there is the feeling that is eating in me that saying it will be Jessie will catch the pokemon after that kid battles it out then be force to release it by Ash and Co. Kinda mean but really Ash and Co. are not always nice towards Team Rocket.

Still can you predict a Rocket Yanmega? Teeheehee

Years
  • Still can you predict a Rocket Yanmega? Teeheehee

That's definitely going against Trainer type, as I find Yanmega ugly as sin. Still, if true, that would be so awesome! Also, ironic, as Butch/Cassidy's Sinnoh Pokemon have been Johto-based, so Yanma would make sense.

Crosses fingers and toes.

(The real irony is I find Yanmega ugly, whereas, I loved Magcargo, the Pokemon, where every fan I met, said to be incredibly ugly. Fools.)

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • That's definitely going against Trainer type, as I find Yanmega ugly as sin. Still, if true, that would be so awesome! Also, ironic, as Butch/Cassidy's Sinnoh Pokemon have been Johto-based, so Yanma would make sense.

Crosses fingers and toes.

(The real irony is I find Yanmega ugly, whereas, I loved Magcargo, the Pokemon, where every fan I met, said to be incredibly ugly. Fools.)
    Well its not against type. Jessie's pokemon are never actually all that cute. I mean look at Arbok 2.0.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well its not against type. Jessie's pokemon are never actually all that cute. I mean look at Arbok 2.0.

But Seviper looks really cool, much cooler than Arbok. Dustox wasn't really cute or cool. But it'd be funny if the Yanma evolved and she didn't like it, that could be an interesting storyline I suppose

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • But Seviper looks really cool, much cooler than Arbok. Dustox wasn't really cute or cool. But it'd be funny if the Yanma evolved and she didn't like it, that could be an interesting storyline I suppose
    Yeah but Seviper isn't that cute (and the cool thing is quite debatable, well her's anyway). the highlighted part says it all. I mean Jessie has the WORST sense of cute with certain (Remember Im syaing certain) pokemon. I mean whose to say she won't feel the same way about Yanmega. And hey if she doesn't like it, she will grow to like it, I mean look at Wobba.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Yeah, and James is actually the one with the cute pokemon

Chimecho and Mime Jr. anyone?

Her Wurmple was cute before it evolved though
    Yeah, but that's about all the cute(albeit Nyassu) that team Rocket ever had.

Years
  • Yeah but Seviper isn't that cute (and the cool thing is quite debatable, well her's anyway). the highlighted part says it all. I mean Jessie has the WORST sense of cute with certain (Remember Im syaing certain) pokemon. I mean whose to say she won't feel the same way about Yanmega. And hey if she doesn't like it, she will grow to like it, I mean look at Wobba.

Well, she has a displaced/quirky sense of cuteness, and Yamna/Yanmega would fit that. Compare her standards then and now, where's she's far more deeper than she was initially. A good example, look at her true attitudes at "Seeing Is Believing" over Dustox's Evo, and James and Meowth freaking out over a probable pre-conceived reaction of hers.

You just don't know, and I think that's what the series is becoming with these unique captures (James and Mime Jr. and Brock with Happiny).

And Seviper started as cool, but then, it became a Rocket Pokemon, so, yeah. Heh.

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Well, she has a displaced/quirky sense of cuteness, and Yamna/Yanmega would fit that. Compare her standards then and now, where's she's far more deeper than she was initially. A good example, look at her true attitudes at "Seeing Is Believing" over Dustox's Evo, and James and Meowth freaking out over a probable pre-conceived reaction of hers..

You just don't know, and I think that's what the series is becoming with these unique captures (James and Mime Jr. and Brock with Happini).

And Seviper started as cool, but then, it became a Rocket Pokemon, so, yeah. Heh.
    1. Complete agree on the first part. As I was thinking of the Dustov/Beautifly evolution episode psoting this. Yanmega suits her warped view of cuteness.

2. Happiny was kinda expected with Brock tot ell you the truth. I mean she is suppose to reference the Joys he loves so much. If there wasn't happiniy and Growlithe pre -evo, you kight even think he'd get that.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Yeppie. I didn't think this would have came out when I said that about Yanmega but now that oyu think about it then she would love and think of Yanmega being cute. I mean Dustox wasn't cute and I was so sad for her when she got it but really she loved it. So this is kinda coolies.

I just hope that Yanmega would get a least a bit more love then Dustox got towards and a lot though Hoenn and Battle Frountier.

Years
  • 1. Complete agree on the first part. As I was thinking of the Dustov/Beautifly evolution episode psoting this. Yanmega suits her warped view of cuteness.

2. Happiny was kinda expected with Brock tot ell you the truth. I mean she is suppose to reference the Joys he loves so much. If there wasn't happiniy and Growlithe pre -evo, you kight even think he'd get that.

1. Oddly enough, it would. Heh.

2. I never considered the Joy connection, as that does make sense (Chansey being her sig Pokemon). Although, Growlithe? Well, he did have that Vulpix for a while. Heh.

If nothing else, at least, Yanmega would be mega-badass. Considering the only possible badass left is Seviper, I'll certainly take that.

Debating on Carnivine and its badass-ness, before I continue further.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • 2. I never considered the Joy connection, as that does make sense (Chansey being her sig Pokemon). Although, Growlithe? Well, he did have that Vulpix for a while. Heh.

If nothing else, at least, Yanmega would be mega-badass. Considering the only possible badass left is Seviper, I'll certainly take that.

Debating on Carnivine and its badass-ness, before I continue further.
    I meant Growlithe in reference to Jenny. Though they do see more Joys.

I don't think any TR pokemon can be a badass. It's just gonna be sad seeing Yanmega be destroyed every episode.

Years
  • I meant Growlithe in reference to Jenny. Though they do see more Joys.

I don't think any TR pokemon can be a badass. It's just gonna be sad seeing Yanmega be destroyed every episode.

I knew of your allusion, but it was hard for me to see Brock with a Growlithe, for a sec. Then again, they gave one to Jimmy (which was a bigger surprise), so what do I know? Heh.

Yep, but, at least, it will look badass while being destroyed. Headdesk.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Maybe the twerps would just be too disgusted to go near it, and so, it'll never be defeated...

Yeah but Seviper isn't that cute (and the cool thing is quite debatable, well her's anyway). the highlighted part says it all. I mean Jessie has the WORST sense of cute with certain (Remember Im syaing certain) pokemon. I mean whose to say she won't feel the same way about Yanmega. And hey if she doesn't like it, she will grow to like it, I mean look at Wobba.

Oh, I wasn't saying that Megayanma or Yanmega, whatever it is I can't remember, wouldn't fit Jessie's team because it's not cute. I just think it would be a funny storyline if it evolved and she didn't like it.

Yeah, but that's about all the cute(albeit Nyassu) that team Rocket ever had.

Meowth is all the cuteness Team Rocket need haha.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Oh, I wasn't saying that Megayanma or Yanmega, whatever it is I can't remember, wouldn't fit Jessie's team because it's not cute. I just think it would be a funny storyline if it evolved and she didn't like it.

She would either:
    A) LOVE it, because of her warped sense of cute
    B) Keep it because of seeing it's strength. I mean think about Wobba. She seemed annoyed by the trade till she saw Counter in battle.

In any case, I am begining to wonder if she actually catches it, because the previews are often misleading. I mean I hope she does, but what if she catches another one at the end like with Wurmple.

Roronoa Zolo

Three Sword Master
    Years
  • just saw at serebii.net that jessie will get yanma then it will evolve to yanmega in the same episode because it alredy know acientpower. Jessie with Yanmega FTW!!!!

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • In fact, Jessie has a Yanmega, but had tried to send it back to Giovanni earlier on in the episode while it was still a Yanma.

Taisei did catch a second Yanma in the end though. Two Piplups? Surprsingly, I wasn't annoyed at their presence in the least. In fact, I kinda liked it that they actually appeared, for once.

Looks like Yanmega has a quirk: It likes to perch itself on Jessie's or James' heads.

Back