• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Role in the Pokémon World

What role would you play?

• Total voters

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • You are in the Pokemon world. What would you choose to be? The world of Pokemon is vast, and is full of choices. What would you want to do, if you could only pick one thing? The choices are of the following:

Pok
    émon Trainer: One who has a seemingly endless journey to be the best Pokémon Trainer in the world. He/she continuously travels around the regions, to battle and fight other Pokemon trainers in hopes to be stronger and get closer to his/her goal of being the best Pokemon Trainer in the world. He/she will battle Gym Leaders and retrieve Gym Badges in order to advance to the Pokemon League, in which he/she will fight a series of four elite trainers. Afterwards, he/she will travel to another region.

Pokémon Coordinator: One who participates in contests rather than battling. He/she aims to make Pokemon moves more elegant and beautiful / fast-paced and powerful in its appearance. He/she aims to dazzle the audience in a variety of moves that the Pokemon will perform. The Pokemon will perform combinations of moves that will amaze the audience. He/she will collect a series of Ribbons in order to move on to the Master Rank Pokemon Contest, in which he/she will face only the very best Pokemon Coordinators in a competition.

Gym Leader / Elite Four Member: One who has been described as one of the his/her home region and awaits challengers to fight him/her. When a Gym Leader's match is over, he/she will hand the challenger a Gym Badge if they won. An Elite Four Member will await at the end of the Pokemon path and accept challenges who beat all eight of the Gym Leaders. Each person must specialize in a specified type, such as Water or Ice.

Villain: A person who is a member of a team that aims to do crimes against the Pokemon world. They may do such little as stealing Pokemon one by one, to a big huge plan such as opening a dimension and a portal to a whole new world. He/she will obey the boss's orders. He/she will move up from Grunt to Admin if he/she does well in his/her orders.

Battle Frontier Head: One who is an elite trainer throughout his/her region. He/she will battle with a line of three pokemon vs. the challenger's three Pokemon. He/she will hand out Frontier Symbols which serve as a reward for beating them. They will hand out two awards, a silver and a gold, if you beat them twice.

Pokemon: He/she is a creature that can live in the wild or be caught by a pokemon. He/she will possess supernatural powers such as the ability to breathe flames or shoot electricity. He/she must face others in combat to determine who is stronger. He/she, once caught, must obey the commands of his/her trainer.
    ---------------------
    You guys decide. I would be a Pokemon, since being a human is too boring. Pokemon are simple minded creatures who get to have a lot of freedom in what they do, and they do not have to go to school. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    An interesting question without a doubt, but I think the poll options are rather restrictive. Regardless of the lore we're referring to, there are virtually endless feasible lifestyles a person in any rendition of the pokémon world could adapt to, and even canonically the list misses such common choices as pokémon breeder.

In any case, I like to think that the pokémon world, were we to live in it, would be a lot closer to home than we all might think. And I also think because of that, maybe we ourselves wouldn't be all so different. Given that, I'd probably be, and want to be, just what I am, and that's none of those things really. While I predict an influx of responses saying that we'd all love to be trainers, the fact of the matter is while we might all want to, is that really where most of us would fall in? I know personally that I lack not only the discipline but the drive to ever be a frontier brain or a gym leader.

Maybe its natural for anyone my age to be confused about the prospect, but I guess I have no idea what my role would be in a Pokémon world, and to know that I think you need to know what your role is in the real world.

I think Trainer implies a sort of simple mentality that I don't agree with, it glazes over the real challenges that a life-road presents by presenting material objectives like badges. As a free-agent, I could see fit to work towards my own goals. Or perhaps I could agree with Team Galactic's, if grandoise, ideas regarding bettering the world in new and radical ways, but I've never been one to let myself conform to others ideals.

And yes, I'm fully aware that I'm thinking about this way too much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Villain... I'd rather do my own evil stuff but if I had to join any organisation it'd definitely be Team Rocket — they're the only one to have done anything really evil.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im a coordinator and I know no one that can gain a ribbon over me.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • I would be a Gym Leader. You probably would be respected by all the towns people. It would also be fun to intimidate beginning trainers if I was one of their first gym battles. I would be a dark type leader.

My team would be
    Umbreon
    Absol
    Tyranitar
    Weavile

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
    Years
    • Age 31
    • ?
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    I would have chose villain, but then I would have to be part of a group. So I would choose trainer.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Sadly, there was not an option for "Leader of a crime-syndicate," so I'm afraid I just had to go with my second choice, a Gym Leader.

I actually had to ponder this for quite a while, as I don't believe I would ever be qualified enough to hold such a prestigious title. Even so, we are talking hypothetically and as such I do believe I can say that with complete confidence.

Why?
    Well, who wouldn't want to run their own Pokémon Gym? It would be full of all kinds of treacherous traps for the willful young trainer to triumph over as well as a good amount of mentees willing to listen to your battle techniques and follow in your footsteps. I imagine it would be quite fun to battle these upcoming trainers and put their skills to the test.
    (Not to mention I could burn away all their feeble little dreams with my fierce fire-type Pokémon. ^.^)

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I'd be a Pokemon Trainer. Traveling all over the world and doing whatnot, that would be so much fun....you get so many more options as a trainer rather than a Gym Leader who just stays in their city all the time. I'd be in the Hoenn region, and I'd fangirl over Daigo. Uah~~~<3

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
  • hey why isn't breeder on there? well i guess i would breed elite pokemon train them to be ultimate then instead of battling i would travel the country side to do as i wish i suppose i would be a wanderer/drifter so i guess that makes me a trainer?

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I guess I'd be a Pokémon Trainer. Sounds much more fun than the others, and I wouldn't like to stay all day sitting at a weird building doing nothing but yawning, like a Gym Leader.

Being a Pokémon is out of consideration, too. I like myself as a human kthx.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Villager B.

The guy who enthusiastically tell you what town you are in, and what awesome stuff there is to visit.
    "Hey, welcome to Hanakoganei. I guess as a trainer, you'd be cycling down this road to battle other trainers, huh?"

(This is real piece of information. Hanakoganei station does have a nice cycling road in front of it.)

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Lol!! A lotta trainers, gym leaders but no pokemon??

Fine, i'll be a pokemon...
    Most probably Arceus...
    I'll get an army of Giratinas or whatever and destroy teh world!!!
    Woooooooot!!!!!!

Back