• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DARKRAI HAS LEGS??!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    I was watching "The Rise of Darkrai" the other day, and I remeber seeing it with legs.

It looked stupid. The legs. Darkrai is cool, but the legs could of been better, dont you agree?

sorry I couldn't find a pic of it. Main question is: do you like or dislike that Darkrai has those legs sometimes?

Years
  • Since this addresses Darkrai's design itself, rather than any aspects of the anime version, I'll kick this to Pokemon General. If not, just send it back.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Darkrai with his long legs is hilarious. xD Especially when they're really loooooooooong. It makes me laugh and, while it looks ridiculous, I wouldn't change it. I'm both used to it and attached to the idea so... Darkrai'd be weird without them. D:

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • *I lol'ed for a while at the title of this thread :D*

I have to say that he has much more... Mistique to him without legs. With legs, he looks a bit like a human in a bad halloween costume.

^^ Just my opinion folks, not fact.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • Darkrai didn't need legs, and yet, the legs make for a good design. But they look ridiculous.

It was also kind of ironic. Dialga and Palkia have legs, but spent 99% of the movie in midair. Darkrai doesn't have legs in-game, but was given legs because it was "on the ground" for most of the movie.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No, it doesn't have legs, those were its─

Oh wait, they are legs. Lol. Well, Darkrai looks ok like that, but it doesn't make its part were-the-back-loses-its-name look good... Well, Pokemon never have good necks anyways.

If that looks ugly, I may as well dress as Darkrai next year, this Halloween I scared too many little kids.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • He looks much more mysterious and unknown without the legs, because it makes him seem more alien and different. Much like a ghost or a witch. I'd rather him not have legs. >_> Especially when those legs had no flavor of design at all, and were just black little sticks popping out of his skirt-thing.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I originally thought it was an alternate form.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I never remembered that part of the Rise of Darkrai, so I always imagined him with Blaziken legs with all shadow aura instead of feathers, but... those long, thin legs cracked me up (even at my aunt's house two hours away from home bored out of my wits).

Blue Tomoshibi

Pokémon a go-go!
    Years
  • Heh, that would be a funny Prospect, Kung-fu darkrai. I can see it now, He just runs up to an Opponent and kicks them for comic relief. Seriously, those legs don't look like they could do much damage outside of a light prick from the pointy feet.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    When I first saw its legs I thought it did ballet or something. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I didn't even know Darkrai had legs...I just thought it floated! O.O

Then again, I haven't seen any of the movies...But in the game it just looks like he's floating =/

Back